Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GTA IV

Json is offline GM

GTA IV

So now that I have my brand spanking new copy of GTA IV for the Xbox 360 I had to make a topic on it, considering all the hype involved.
    Given that I only played about 2-3 hours last night I walked away fully impressed.
    The driving is a little tougher then it has been on the other versions but the graphics are incredible, the new and improved lock on shooting is just what the game needed and it's just an excellent game and well worth my $60.

Keep in mind that I have had the 360 about 3 months after it was released.
    I have bought 3 games total because I have a very hard time trying to justify a $60 expense that I play for 1 or 2 months.
    The 3 games I currently have is Halo 3, Madden 08, and now GTA IV.
    Between the 3 of them I have no need for anything else at this point and GTA IV will hopefully hold me over till the 09 madden comes out.

I was wondering if anybody has the game, what tyou think of the game, (unless your one of the very unlucky people that did buy it and it's the one version that is freezing up...OUCH, that sucks!) and has anybody done the online mode?
    If you have played the online mode what is a few of the cooler things you can do on it?
    I have yet to plug into the online mode but I'm itching to try it.
    Being that I work most of my life away I hope some of you purple lovers could give me some insight on how it looks, feels, and what options you have when getting online.

Doc_Rebil is offline Waterboy

Re: GTA IV

I just got it yesterday, havent had a chance to play it yet though. I have heard nothing but great things about it from people who bought it. Cant wait to get home and open it up for the first time

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I went out and bought the game after work on tuesday. I havn't played it yet. I'm waiting til my day off on Thursday when I will have full use of my roomates HD tv. I just refused to start such a great game on my 32" tube tv when there is a 50" plasma in the other room. I'll let you know later what I think of it.(I have ps3).

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Love the fact, when you drive hard and crash you fly threw the windshield
    ;D
    Ain't got it myself, i'm saving up for a PS3 but saw it at my local video-game-store..
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

My friend down the hall got it yesterday, it looks great. The city is so detailed, the people are a lot more realistically designed.

The game seems a lot less flashy than the past 3, it's a darker grittier game, and I like that. You're told to go kill someone, you do it and it's done. No flash.

I saw him shoot someone driving down the street, the driver fell onto the steering wheel of the car, and the horn was going off until he pulled him out of the car.

It's a really detailed, far more realistic game than the past ones have been.

It looks great, when I get back home I'm going to get myself a copy, since I don't have my 360 at school.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

I am about 3 hours into it. I really like it. The story and characters are definitely more important this time around. I love the fact that I was given a choice; go on a date or go help your lame ass cousin. Of course I chose the date and the cousin was pissed.
    ;D

I am having a real hard time driving. I am always spinning about and fishtailing everywhere.

I have bought 3 games total because I have a very hard time trying to justify a $60 expense that I play for 1 or 2 months.
    Do what I do, buy games that are older. I rarely pay full price for a game because I rarely buy the game when they first come out.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Json is offline GM

Love the fact, when you drive hard and crash you fly threw the windshield
    Grin
    Ain't got it myself, i'm saving up for a PS3 but saw it at my local video-game-store..
    Last night I didn't know this was possible so I'm cruising in this little shit box car I stole from some old person.
    I am going about 80ish and not realizing how to use the E Brake I smash head first into this wall, tossing me into the wall head first and killing me instantly.
    The best part is the blood splatter all over the wall after my head smashed into out of the windshield.
    I just sat there for a couple minutes and thought WOW.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Json" wrote:
    So now that I have my brand spanking new copy of GTA IV for the Xbox 360 I had to make a topic on it, considering all the hype involved.
    Given that I only played about 2-3 hours last night I walked away fully impressed.
    The driving is a little tougher then it has been on the other versions but the graphics are incredible, the new and improved lock on shooting is just what the game needed and it's just an excellent game and well worth my $60.

Between the 3 of them I have no need for anything else at this point and GTA IV will hopefully hold me over till the 09 madden comes out.

I was wondering if anybody has the game, what tyou think of the game, (unless your one of the very unlucky people that did buy it and it's the one version that is freezing up...OUCH, that sucks!) and has anybody done the online mode?
    If you have played the online mode what is a few of the cooler things you can do on it?
    Being that I work most of my life away I hope some of you purple lovers could give me some insight on how it looks, feels, and what options you have when getting online.

When did this come out? I am going to buy it today. How do I avoid the freezing version?

Json is offline GM

Quote from: Json on Today at 10:40:26 am

I was wondering if anybody has the game, wa/t tyou think of the game, (unless your one of the very unlucky people that did buy it and it's the one version that is freezing up...OUCH, that sucks!) and has anybody done the online mode?

When did this come out? I am going to buy it today. How do I avoid the freezing version?
    I'm surprised you missed the hype machine that backed the release.
    But none the less it's worth the money and it was released yesterday. (4/29/08)

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Json" wrote:
    Quote from: Json on Today at 10:40:26 am

I was wondering if anybody has the game, wa/t tyou think of the game, (unless your one of the very unlucky people that did buy it and it's the one version that is freezing up...OUCH, that sucks!) and has anybody done the online mode?

I'm surprised you missed the hype machine that backed the release.
    But none the less it's worth the money and it was released yesterday. (4/29/08)
    So how do I avoid the freezing version?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast