Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GRRRRRRRRR

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Re: GRRRRRRRRR

I don't blame you Vikesfan, and it was their choice to move in there knowing your rule. I wouldn't move into a place that didn't allow me to smoke. Not when I'm renting. When I own my own home I may feel differently, but right now thats just the way it is.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

TNT the best thing to do is talk the the landlord and if he is OK with you smoking then go ahead and do it! If the lady send letters do not even open them, if she doesn't own the building screw her!

I myself smoke, but I do not like to smoke in my home because it makes the house smell bad. It is my own preference, but once I quit smoking in the house I would never do it again! Plus I like to step outside and smoke, it kind of makes me smoke less too!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

ryanmurphy is offline Pro-Bowler

I would write a very polite letter to the lady requesting that any problem she has with you be handled through the leasing office, not with you personally.

I would then go to the leasing office, and file a complaint. Make sure to get a copy of it.

Then I would only smoke in the bathroom with the vent open. Screw her. If she confronts you again, by all means go through the police.

Obviousally you did the research to find an apartment you could smoke in, and she did not do the research to get a non-smokeing apartment. I would not entertain ANY thought of moving without compensation of time, lost work, labor, and anything else you can get. If you are not breaking the rules, let her move if she doesnt like living there.

twiztedfait is offline Starter

Some people are just bad neighbors. If it is not in your lease do what you want. Don't let the nighbors bother you.

I lived in a townhome that had "quiet hours" from 9PM untill 7AM. I followed the rules and was never loud during the day either. My neighbors would constantly leave notes on my door or come over and tell me I was being to loud. Or telling me that my shower was waking them up in the morning. Could I plase show later in the day? My personal favorite Your kids are laughing and yelling to much outside could you please have them be quiet.

Oh, i am sorry I will just tell my boss that my neighbor said i can't be to work at 6:30 anymore because my morning shower wakes them up.........And kids no more being kids and having fun outside at 3PM

Unless your landlord makes an issue of it don't sweat it. Just buy them a box of inscence or some glade plugins :lol:

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Address it with the landlord or management company NOW...otherwise your rights may be compromised. State your case calmly but forcefully, with documentation to back up what you say. Suggest constructive solutions but don't back down...you were there first, so if your neighbor has a problem with smoking (assuming that it IS allowed in your lease) then SHE needs to move. The landlord needs to step in and resolve the issue based on the language in BOTH your and your neighbor's lease agreements.

I am not a smoker and neither is my wife. We don't necessarily like the smell of it, BUT it gives us NO right to tell OUR neighbors what to do...your neighbor needs to either suck it up or move (assuming that BOTH leases prohibit her from objecting to your smoking).

Disclaimer: This post in NO WAY constitutes legal advice submitted by this poster as I am NOT licensed to practice law in the state of Illinois.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Lance is going to call him as soon as we get home, and offer to give him copies of the notes that we've received to date.

Alright so after all my venting today, situation is all cleared up. Apparently the lady upstairs is crazy and is the reason that the last tenant moved out. He told us its our right to smoke in our apartment and should blow it in the bathroom vent! :lol: I feel soooooooo much better, thanks to you all for your advice!

Prophet Guest

LOL, now you have a crazy woman that will beat on the floor all hours of the day. Pump laughing gas through the vents followed by a good dose of maryjane, just to chill her out a bit.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    Alright so after all my venting today, situation is all cleared up. Apparently the lady upstairs is crazy and is the reason that the last tenant moved out. He told us its our right to smoke in our apartment and should blow it in the bathroom vent! :lol: I feel soooooooo much better, thanks to you all for your advice!
    Yeah, but NOW you've got ANOTHER problem!!!!

:lol:
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Del Rio Guest

Oh that clears it up......

You have a crazy axe wielding cat lady that lives upstairs who likes to sneak down in the middle of the night and leave little post it notes on your door.

You know how she knows you smoke? It's not because she can smell it it is because she has drilled little holes in the ceiling over your bedroom and she periodically watches you.

Don't worry it's mostly when you sleep...........

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast