Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GRRRRRRRRR

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: GRRRRRRRRR

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    That's why I like living in Utah. You can't smoke in apartments.

The lady sounds like a jerk though, and if your lease doesn't say that the worst that can happen is they tell you you are not allowed to smoke and offer you the option to move without penalty of breaking your lease.
    I was just reading about that Del. As soon as I got to work I started researching renters rights
    It sucks to have to move though.

It is hard find much sympathy or even empathy anymore about smoking issues.

Maybe there is another apt in the same building and just a simple relocation could be a solution.

Its not a smoking issue. Whats next? Is she gonna pound on your ceiling because your 're baking cookies and she doesn't like that? Some people just like to control others. Talk to your landlord. She will be warned.

I'm exercising my ass by doing flexing exercises while typing. Prophet 3:42pm March 16, 2007
    "If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms." Mike Ditka

Del Rio Guest

Not to be insensitive because it is obvious that this lady is being very obnoxious and IS HARRASSING you which is wrong, but I fail to see how baking cookies can be compared to smoke that causes cancer rising up into your apartment.

Granted I don't know the facts about what second hand smoke does when it has traveled that distance, but if that is her concern then I imagine it is a bit more urgent for her and hers then if you were just merely stinking up the place.

Like I said though she is going about it all wrong and if she has an issue with it she should have been an adult and contacted your manager.

If it was me above you, I would ask if I could switch apartments. That's your right to smoke especially if it doesn't say you can't. It is her right to not have to experience your smoke. I think it is obvious however she does not have the right to harass you like she has and you should nail her ass to the wall and then post about it so we can get a good laugh.

If your manager shows preference to her and tries to make YOU move then I would sue, there are lawyers that specialize in rental agreements trust me I have used them in the past and the mere mention of them will get things done.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

It's your right to smoke.. Do what ya want.. Although I would maybe not smoke in the B-room?

And if the lady doesn't like it.. Tell her to move to a smoke free apt.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

You know what... at this point I would actually be willing to move... IF the landlord gives me all my money back, pays for moving costs, and puts down first and last for a new place. I refuse to be threatened like this!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    You know what... at this point I would actually be willing to move... IF the landlord gives me all my money back, pays for moving costs, and puts down first and last for a new place. I refuse to be threatened like this!
    Yes, you shouldn't have to feel threatened!

Del Rio Guest

Knock on her door and when she opens it....punch her in the throat...it is the only way.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Knock on her door and when she opens it....punch her in the throat...it is the only way.
    I like the take charge attitude.
    Maybe you should just cut the head of old Petey like in "Dumb and Dumber" that will send a message. lol
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Just like that Kobe gif u posted :grin:

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Hey TNT, as a Realtor and a Landlord of a brand new just built last year side by side duplex. I can assure you that if it is not in the lease that you can't smoke in your apartment, then the most your landlord can do is give you a written statement saying there is no smoking, and re-write the lease and put it in the lease.

The reason I know this, is because I rented out the other half of my duplex to a couple that smoke, and I know they smoke. I told them before they moved in, that there would be no smoking allowed in the house. I have big decks on the back of the houses, and said they were more than welcome to smoke on the deck. I didn't want my new place ruined by smoke.

They took not smoking in the house as they could smoke in the basement of the house. Well seeing as their landlord (me) lives in the duplex right next door to them, you would think they would follow the directions, no way. They smoke in the basement, it comes over into our basement and circulates in the furnace and blows smoke into our house.. Now I was extremely pissed off, and one day as I was mowing the lawn, I was on their side mowing and I could smell smoke. Sure enough, I looked in the bedroom window, and the girl was smoking in their bedroom. So I went to their door, when she came to the door, I said I thought I went over the no smoking rule. She said that they didn't smoke in the house. I told her I just saw her smoking in her bedroom while I was mowing the lawn.

She was surprised, and I had to re-write the lease, and I told them that if I even smell smoke coming into my basement again, they would be evicted immediately, no questions asked, and no time to look for another place. Since then, I haven't smelled smoke at all. I also put in the lease that upon vacating the premises, that the carpets need to be professionally cleaned, and that if their is any trace of smoke on the walls, that every wall in the home had to be professionally painted. I know that sounds strict, but when you just purchase a new home, that cost over $200,000 you want to make sure your investment is protected..

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast