Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GRRRRRRRRR

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

GRRRRRRRRR

I am not a happy girl today!!! So we moved into our new apartment last week and have since received two nasty letters from the people upstairs telling us we can't smoke in our apartment.

Now don't get me wrong, I understand that not everyone smokes, and that to those that don't, smoke is disgusting. So for that reason when we were searching for our apartment, we made sure that we weren't moving into a non-smoking building. There is no clause what so ever in our lease that says that smoking is not allowed.

The first letter irritated the crap out of me. No one is going to tell me what I can and can't do in my apartment that I pay the rent for. Don't tell me to smoke outside in my own home!!! But, we make sure that our bathroom door is closed at all times, because thats the only way we can see that the smoke would enter someone elses apartment (through the air vent) all of our heaters are ground radiator things.

Well apparently that doesn't matter, at all hours of the day she pounds with great force on our damn ceiling, for example this morning it was at 5:00AM. Right directly above our bed.

So then this morning I'm on my way out the door, and sure enough there is another damn note saying that they are working with the landlord to get us kicked out. I'm a nice girl, but I don't take kindly to people threatening me!!!

Alright I'm done... thanks for letting me vent.

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

Re: GRRRRRRRRR

I think you should file a complaint right back. They are harassing you.

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

Prophet Guest

Looks like a job for the PP.O mafia. The boys are on the way.

Del Rio Guest

That's why I like living in Utah. You can't smoke in apartments.

The lady sounds like a jerk though, and if your lease doesn't say that the worst that can happen is they tell you you are not allowed to smoke and offer you the option to move without penalty of breaking your lease.

"DCPologirl" wrote:
    I think you should file a complaint right back. They are harassing you.
    I thought about taking it a step farther then that and make the harrassment complaint with the cops, but I don't know if they would take it seriously.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

As long as there is nothing in the lease they really do not have any cause to get you evicted.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

If they harass you, you are allowed to call the cops, as long as you are legally allowed to smoke in your apt.

Thanks PurpleMafia

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

If the lease does not say you can't smoke, SMOKE AWAY!!! The jerks have NO RIGHT to tell you what you can or can't do in your own apartment!!! And that IS harassment.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

"Del Rio" wrote:
    That's why I like living in Utah. You can't smoke in apartments.

The lady sounds like a jerk though, and if your lease doesn't say that the worst that can happen is they tell you you are not allowed to smoke and offer you the option to move without penalty of breaking your lease.
    I was just reading about that Del. As soon as I got to work I started researching renters rights

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I'd blow smoke rings in thier faces..

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast