Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Slade is offline Star Spokesman

Re: grossman on my flight

For me, I met Rickey Henderson at the Fairmont hotel in San Jose. He's a funny dude, if you can understand what he's saying...lol

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

Met Joe Theisman in the airport in D.C.....met Joey Browner, and Stedman Graham (Oprah's man) at a post celebrity golf outing in Montgomery Alabama.
    Met Randy Moss, Onterrio Smith, Moe Williams, Chris Hovan after a Detroit game.

I have seen the Vikes play in Arizona, San Diego, Anaheim, Los Angeles, Oakland, San Francisco, and Minnesota.
    On many of those trips, our group stayed at the same hotel as the Vikings.
    As a result, I have met and have signatures from many of the past players and coaches...ie, dungy, green, a. carter, c. carter, mcdanial, moss, randle, doleman, etc etc.
    Probably one of the nicest players that just sat and hung out with the fans and talked for well over an hour was Quadry Ismial.

I have met many folks at airports (although luckily, I dont travel near as much any more)
    Have met John Elway, Anthony Munoz, Tiger Williams (hockey goon), Notah Bogay (golfer), Mark Curry (Hangin with Mr. Cooper TV show)
    I was able to read a script for the Drew Carry show that Mark Curry was looking over on the flight...I sat in the seat next to his.
    Also met Coolio (rapper) at LAX....he was actually very cool (and very small....maybe 5'6" and 140lbs)
    Alisa Malano, Gary Coleman, Wayman Tisdale (former nba player)

There have been others too....
    In my 40s and still get a bit awestruck amoungst celebs.
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

I really haven't met too many celebrities. The only time I meet anyone special is when they're in town for the Jimmy V or the Stanley Cup Playoffs and stay in the hotel across the street.

I met MJ four or five years ago when he was here for the Jimmy V. He was a nice guy but looked pretty pissed because of some annoying reporter asking him crap and trying to get pictures with him. He was nice to me though.. I got his autograph then.

A few years later I met pretty much the entire Toronto Maple Leafs team when they were in town for the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Their security guy originally said no bothering them but my friend and I were standing there and started talking to the guy so he let us get some autographs.. The famous one's were Mats sundin, Curtis Joseph and Tie Domi. And holy shit Tie Domi is scary in real life. I had to stand on an elevator with him for like 2 minutes... freaked me out.. the dude had two black eyes and scars all over his face.

And I met Sidney Lowe (1983 NC state national championship basketball team, current NC state basketball head coach) at a Cary high school basketball game randomly. Really nice dude.

I've seen a few guys in airports too but I never bother them.. the guys in airports always look pissy and I usually respect that.

Anyways cool story..

tybrones87 is offline Rookie

For my old high schools homecoming (Farmington) against Holy Angels if you know where that is. Randy Moss, Daunte Culpepper, Cris Carter and Dennis Green came to watch the game. You know why? Holy Angels is the old high school of Larry Fitzgerald and they went to watch him. Quite a star studded appearance. I tried to get an autograph from CC but he declined. I thought it was damn cool tho.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Pretty sweet. You should've tripped him when he was walking down the aisle!! lol

I've probably been on an airplane with a celeb many times, but I am so darn nervouse from the time on get on the plane to the time I get off it that I wouldn't even know!! lol

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    I have seen the Vikes play in Arizona, San Diego, Anaheim, Los Angeles, Oakland, San Francisco, and Minnesota.
    On many of those trips, our group stayed at the same hotel as the Vikings.
    As a result, I have met and have signatures from many of the past players and coaches...ie, dungy, green, a. carter, c. carter, mcdanial, moss, randle, doleman, etc etc.
    Probably one of the nicest players that just sat and hung out with the fans and talked for well over an hour was Quadry Ismial.

I have met many folks at airports (although luckily, I dont travel near as much any more)
    Have met John Elway, Anthony Munoz, Tiger Williams (hockey goon), Notah Bogay (golfer), Mark Curry (Hangin with Mr. Cooper TV show)
    I was able to read a script for the Drew Carry show that Mark Curry was looking over on the flight...I sat in the seat next to his.
    Also met Coolio (rapper) at LAX....he was actually very cool (and very small....maybe 5'6" and 140lbs)
    Alisa Malano, Gary Coleman, Wayman Tisdale (former nba player)

There have been others too....
    In my 40s and still get a bit awestruck amoungst celebs.
    I have met Gary Coleman too...remind me one day to tell you the story...it is hilarious!

Did you ask Alyssa for a date?
    :P
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    I really haven't met too many celebrities. The only time I meet anyone special is when they're in town for the Jimmy V or the Stanley Cup Playoffs and stay in the hotel across the street.

I met MJ four or five years ago when he was here for the Jimmy V. He was a nice guy but looked pretty pissed because of some annoying reporter asking him crap and trying to get pictures with him. He was nice to me though.. I got his autograph then.

A few years later I met pretty much the entire Toronto Maple Leafs team when they were in town for the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Their security guy originally said no bothering them but my friend and I were standing there and started talking to the guy so he let us get some autographs.. The famous one's were Mats sundin, Curtis Joseph and Tie Domi. And holy pooh Tie Domi is scary in real life. I had to stand on an elevator with him for like 2 minutes... freaked me out.. the dude had two black eyes and scars all over his face.

And I met Sidney Lowe (1983 NC state national championship basketball team, current NC state basketball head coach) at a Cary high school basketball game randomly. Really nice dude.

I've seen a few guys in airports too but I never bother them.. the guys in airports always look pissy and I usually respect that.

Anyways cool story..
    My law school buddy that I told you about before who had the NC State connections has now moved to Raleigh...so I will be traveling down there for a game or two.
    Maybe I can hook you up with some tickets or a meet-and-greet sometime in the near future!
    I will keep you posted.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234