Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: BBQ Secrets and Recipes...

"erik5032" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "erik5032" wrote:

I just put that up for people who use Gas. I don't..... Lawry's I don't mind it I kind of like it. Open lid is for Gas grilling not Charcoal Grilling.
    Some of the best chicken you'll eat is made on an open air grill over charcoal. No lid whatsoever.

[img width=450 height=300]http://www.justinacuff.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/Cookout_(2007-10-20)_01.jpg[/img]
    Oh My God!!! That is thee most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I retract the statement of my open lid policy
    For a mass cooking like that on a homemade grill then you can use open air cooking, I have done it before but that may be the one exception to the rule. I have done mass cooking on a closed lid grill for that amount of food and more and would put that up against what they are doing anyday.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Grilled Secrets and Recipes...

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    What all of you need to do is come down south to North Carolina and get yourself both some Lexington and Eastern style north carolina barbecue. Head over to Lexington, NC and get yourself some amazing pulled pork from the barbecue capitol of the world. Lexington style has a vinegar based sauce that is more red in color due to the ketchup that is put in it while eastern style is without the ketchup. I believe lexington uses only the pork shoulder to make the pulled pork while eastern uses the whole hog both light and dark meat. Both styles are slow smoked to give the pork a rich and smoky taste. A lot of times they also put cole slaw on the sandwich along with the bbq.

So yeah nothing can beat delicious north carolina pulled pork with cole slaw and a side of hushpuppies and greens.
    Other than your penchant for pulling for the Wolfpack, PPE, you are wise beyond your years.
    You can't beat NC BBQ, and Audi kicks ass ;D.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

One has never Grilled Properly, Till you've Grilled Naked....Period !
    ;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"erik5032" wrote:
    Ok anyways if y'all have any tips for a new BBQ'er that would be awesome

I pretty much suck at it, but i love it... practice makes perfect...

Oh and I will keep away from Lawreys
    Don't leave out the Lawreys, good stuff, especially on pork chops. Rub it right into the meat, and lots of it, mmmm.
    One of my favorites sides with grilled meat is grilled potato wedges. I cut a large potato into 4 wedges, microwave a couple minutes to soften them up. Season with what ever I have(lawry's, garlic, onion, tony cracker seasoning?), what ever you like. Then coat in oil, a brush would work great but since I don't have one I just drizzle it on and then roll the potatoes in them. Then put the wedges on the hot part of the grill(charcoal of course). Let each side cook for about 10 minutes(30 minutes total) and then eat with what ever meat your cooking(when you think they are done stab with a fork to make sure the inside is soft).

When making brauts I try to get the uncooked ones, they taste better to me than the pre-cooked ones you are just heating up. I like to season my brauts with lawreys or other seasoning.

When the grill is hot spray a little water on it to make cleaning super easy(like steam cleaning).

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

I love grilling. I have a gas grill and two weber grills. I haven't used the gas grill in over 10 years. I exclusively use charcoal and sometimes smoke a little with certain types of
    wood.
    When I first learned of indirect grilling it revolutionized grilling for me.I love being able to grill a large piece of meat and end up with a done, but juicy and flavorful, roast or whole chicken.
    I have learned a fair amount from the following grilling guru.Steve Raichlen(spelling?)
    http://www.barbecuebible.com/

I also directly grill those steaks like Singer.
    And Garland, I can tell you are the man when it comes to grillin'.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    I love grilling. I have a gas grill and two weber grills. I haven't used the gas grill in over 10 years. I exclusively use charcoal and sometimes smoke a little with certain types of
    wood.
    When I first learned of indirect grilling it revolutionized grilling for me.I love being able to grill a large piece of meat and end up with a done, but juicy and flavorful, roast or whole chicken.
    I have learned a fair amount from the following grilling guru.Steve Raichlen(spelling?)
    http://www.barbecuebible.com/

I also directly grill those steaks like Singer.
    And Garland, I can tell you are the man when it comes to grillin'.
    I grill most every night of the week.
    Chicken breasts, pork chops, skewers, steaks, burgers, etc. etc.
    My grill is a 3-burner gas and it works just fine.
    I sometimes use a smoker box, but most of the time I don't bother.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "erik5032" wrote:
    Ok anyways if y'all have any tips for a new BBQ'er that would be awesome

I pretty much suck at it, but i love it... practice makes perfect...

Oh and I will keep away from Lawreys
    Don't leave out the Lawreys, good stuff, especially on pork chops. Rub it right into the meat, and lots of it, mmmm.
    One of my favorites sides with grilled meat is grilled potato wedges. I cut a large potato into 4 wedges, microwave a couple minutes to soften them up. Season with what ever I have(lawry's, garlic, onion, tony cracker seasoning?), what ever you like. Then coat in oil, a brush would work great but since I don't have one I just drizzle it on and then roll the potatoes in them. Then put the wedges on the hot part of the grill(charcoal of course). Let each side cook for about 10 minutes(30 minutes total) and then eat with what ever meat your cooking(when you think they are done stab with a fork to make sure the inside is soft).

When making brauts I try to get the uncooked ones, they taste better to me than the pre-cooked ones you are just heating up. I like to season my brauts with lawreys or other seasoning.

When the grill is hot spray a little water on it to make cleaning super easy(like steam cleaning).
    If Lawry's is your main seasoningh when you have grilled then you need to open your mind to what else is out there for ove rthe counter seasonings Especialy if you are using it for a rub Yuck!.
    Like I said Lawry's is a fine alternitive toi simple Salt and pepper but that is pretty much about it.
    Next you will be telling me you boil your ribs before coooking them
    ;D ;D

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

This thread is amazing... I'm going to lunch.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

"C" wrote:
    This thread is amazing... I'm going to lunch.
    LOL I wish I had the time to have a PPO get together and BBQ up some ribs and chicken. No Lawreys would be alowed unless they want some on their fries

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

sometimes me and a bunch of friends will have what we call "sausage parties".
    Pretty much, everyone goes and buys some type of meat product, and we have about 3 bbq's.
    mmmmm... I'm hungry now.
    I agree with jargomcfargo, indirect grilling is the way to go (for some things)
    takes a bit longer, but the end result is so much more flavourful.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast