Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Greek Ice Hockey championship

well.. paok has agreed to replay the championship 5 - 0 paper win. so sat nite we finish the league games.

then sunday we begin the playoffs.. they didn't like the idea of stating the playoffs down by 1 game.. and knowing they'd loose.
    they called up and switched the game to sat nite, and accepted that it is the league game.

Last nite we took on the #1 team.. (mostly made up of the national team).. i wasn't able to come to the game till middle of the 2nd period. but it went pretty well for us. first period was 1 - 2 for them, second 0 - 6 for them. third. 4 - 2 for us. i had 3 assists in the game. they are 18 guys. and we are 8.. so u can guess by the time i got there my team was gasping for air.

the fact that we kept them @ 10 goals is a big win for us. they have been practicing (like most of the athens teams) for the last 3 months, and participated in the worlds div III in luxemburg.
    we are 8 guys who havn't gotten to play real hockey since 2003.. and 2 weeks ago we created the team.
    afterwards we all went for a quick few beers. and even the national team coach gave us some props for.. "Giving us a scare there in the 3rd" they are keeping the national team together so that they can participate in events this summer. and use this time for training as well as promote hockey.

2nite.. the madkows.. the team that upset us in the canceled game with paok.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Thanks for the update Cogs.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    cogs?
    me thinks u need sleep man

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

"digital420" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    cogs?

me thinks u need sleep man

DiGiTaL
    LOL.
    I think you are right.
    Fresh as can be right now, give me another 10 hours and I will be calling Cogs Dig.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Another game, another win.

Albatros 12 - 2 MadKows

it was.. worse then the score says. they had one good player. after 2 hip checks trying to get by me he thought it wise to pull a cheap hook on one of our forwards.
    i play with 5 Canadians.. if any1 of them is hit. 2 of our guys like to get even.

by the 3rd period he played defense, remaining around his blue line and back only.

i tallied 6 assists, and 1 goal. mostly played d.. 2 goals came from slap shots from the point, the goalie gave up
    lot of rebounds and the forwards took advantage.

so it was fun. we were 9 guys 2nite including the goalie, we've added a new player who's greek, but living in finnland, plays in their first division. he's !#%#!% fast, but the rink is so small he can't go anywhere. paok comes tomorrow nite. and it should be fun to see how we do against them. a win and we finish with 2nd place. a loss and we go 3rd.

not bad for a bunch of guys most of us havn't skated for 5-8 years. 2 weeks to prepare and we end up playing good hockey.

DiGiTaL

So, paok came to town for our game.

before the game we were approached by them and asked.

"If we just play the play offs now, instead of doing the league game we can play 2 energetic games. if we play the league tonite, and tomorrow 2 playoff games we will be dead. so whatcha say"

so we gave them 2nd place int he league standings.. and beat them tonight for game 1 of the playoffs (best of 3 series)
    and..we killed um. 12 - 4

i had 3 goals and 4-5 assists. not sure exact count need to see the stat sheet. as it's looking it'll be us vs iptamini for the first place spot.

ohh there was a small fight.. started me vs one guy.. ended me vs 4 of them

as i skated away.. 2 were still on the ice..

muahahahahahahaha!!!
    that felt good.

one big kid came at me and wanted to take revenge for 2 that i floored. i told him.. "ela na mou kaneis pipa"
    roufly translated.. "Come give me oral pleasure"
    not said so nicely..

DiGiTaL

ela na mou kaneis pipa.

I think I must just use that with your permission.
    ;D

well. we are officially in the finals!!

7 games in 9 days... 5 games in the last 5 days.

with 2 more games to go. tonight and tuesday nite..

my body hurts, my mind is numb..
    and i wouldn't stop if something tried to tie me down!!

gotta luv hockey.

last nite we won our playoff spot, but. lost 1 game of a best of 3. we were just 2 tired, and 2 exausted as a team to really be any good last nite. here's hoping we turn that around and give the 1st place team a run for their money.

DiGiTaL

well.

game 1 of the final between Albatros - Iptamini was played last nite.

It was a very close game, with the winning goals coming in the last half of the 3rd period.

3 - 6 was the final. it's fast paced action gave those in attendance the best game I think of the tourniment to watch.

you could see the stamina fading from the treams late into the 3rd period, but both teams faught well and will continue this evening.

so far. .i have pain in my legs, arms, and muscle groups in my back i forgot existed.. but i wouldn't trade this experience for anything. the last week and half have been pure bliss, finally getting back on the ice, and really getting hard workouts while enjoying what i consider the best team game available.

if we win tonight it will go to game 3, tomorrow nite.. so we'll be giving it our all, and leaving nothing for off the ice.

check out the rankings and information at http://www.icehockey.gr

and a pic of the albatros team.
    [img width=450 height=337]http://www.icehockey.gr/Albatros.jpg[/img]

http://www.icehockey.gr/Albatros.jpg

that's mee on the far right.

videos coming soon
    DiGiTaL

Well, the run is done.

We came in 2nd place, loosing to Eptameni in the final's best of 3 games.

first game was very close with a 6 - 3 finish, second a bit more open 9 - 5.
    The games were closer then the score might appear, with great effort coming from both teams to guard their net, and score on the apposition.

all in all it was GREAT to get back on the ice again, and an incredible achievement for the Albatros team, who came from nowhere literally to find ourselves in 2nd place was a great achievement.

Just wanna give a shout of thanks to the Greek national team, who because of their qualifications for the Worlds Championship brought my favorite sport back to Greece!!!

ohh.. i am one of 4 guys voted to play from my team in the All-Star game. so. i'll have 1 more game left on tuesday.

Fotini is transfering 400 some mgs of video, and some pics to me so i'll have pics and highlights for yall!!

DiGiTaL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast