Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni

Greek Ice Hockey championship

http://www.icehockey.gr/greek.htm is the site that posts the info. I play for a team called albatros,
    we won our first game tonight 19-5 was closer then that though with it being 9-4 in the second, and 3-2 in the first.

personaly i had 3 goals, and 5 assists. might get credit for a few more assists stat sheet isn't up yet.

i'll keep yall posted. and video was shot so i'll toss up some highlights

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Greek Ice Hockey championship

digital likes EVERYTHING the "Greek way"!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

btw.. first game in and

Team Name
    GP
    W
    L
    Τ
    GF
    GA
    PTS
    ALBATROS 1 1 0 0 19 5 3
    IPTAMENI ATHENS 1 1 0 0 15 2 3
    LEFKA GERAKIA (MADCOWS) 1 1 0 0 6 3 3
    TARANDOS 1 0 1 0 3 6 0
    AVANTES HC 2 0 2 0 7 34 0
    PAOK HC 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

we're in first place!!
    : )

ohh. each team has between 8 - 22 players. us being 8.. league minmum. iptameni is the greek national team mostly, the rest are mixes from players around athens, except paok who is from northern greece. they're coming down to athens for a 5 day period to play all their games. it's a round robin with 1 round, then into the play offs.

we were put together as a team in the last days before the championship. a few of us hvae played together back from 2000 - 2003 at the old skate rink. and just now getting back on in 2008 in a temporary rink. our real one should be up in september/october.
    we rae 2 americans, 5 canadians, and 1 german
    all with some greek roots. 2 players are over 40, 2 players are under 30..

it's amazing how a few weeks of practices have changed things. we manged to stay competitve, and even dominating for 3 30 min periods..

btw.. our jerseys are coming next week and i guess they are purple!!
    EDIT!!
    we are yellow/black

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

"cajunvike" wrote:
    digital likes EVERYTHING the "Greek way"!
    damn str8!!!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Alright.
    Thanks my friend.
    I was just searching wrong or something.
    Now we need some pics/video.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"digital420" wrote:
    btw.. first game in and

Team Name
    GP
    W
    L
    Τ
    GF
    GA
    PTS
    ALBATROS 1 1 0 0 19 5 3
    IPTAMENI ATHENS 1 1 0 0 15 2 3
    LEFKA GERAKIA (MADCOWS) 1 1 0 0 6 3 3
    TARANDOS 1 0 1 0 3 6 0
    AVANTES HC 2 0 2 0 7 34 0
    PAOK HC 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

we're in first place!!
    : )

ohh. each team has between 8 - 22 players. us being 8.. league minmum. iptameni is the greek national team mostly, the rest are mixes from players around athens, except paok who is from northern greece. they're coming down to athens for a 5 day period to play all their games. it's a round robin with 1 round, then into the play offs.

we were put together as a team in the last days before the championship. a few of us hvae played together back from 2000 - 2003 at the old skate rink. and just now getting back on in 2008 in a temporary rink. our real one should be up in september/october.
    we are 2 americans, 5 canadians, and 1 german
    all with some greek roots. 2 players are over 40, 2 players are under 30..

it's amazing how a few weeks of practices have changed things. we manged to stay competitve, and even dominating for 3 30 min periods..
    btw.. our jerseys are coming next week and i guess they are purple!! EDIT!!
    we are yellow/black

DiGiTaL
    jersey's came. u'll c um soon.. yellow/black.. #9

we've still played only 1 game. we should win tonight.

IPTAMENI ATHENS

PAOK HC (Salonika)

5 4 1 0 45 18 12
    ALBATROS

LEFKA GERAKIA (MADKOWS) 3
    AVANTES HC

TARANDOS

DiGiTaL

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

Speaking of Greek sports, I just want to interject that

Greek Sports fans > All other sports fans (combined).

They even go nuts for amatuer basketball and women's volleyball. Seriously. Women's. Fucking. Volleyball.

Are all Greek sports fans like this? Do you have fans that chant and sing like this at your hockey games, Digital?

"The" wrote:
    Speaking of Greek sports, I just want to interject that

Greek Sports fans > All other sports fans (combined).

They even go nuts for amatuer basketball and women's volleyball. Seriously. Women's. fricken. Volleyball.

Are all Greek sports fans like this? Do you have fans that chant and sing like this at your hockey games, Digital?

it does get crazy.. esp with the teams from outside of athens.

So, the team from northern greece came down.. and with the aid of another team changed the schedule.. without informing any of the other teams.. The change was due to the fact that the team they were playing would be missing 4 players from a 17 player roster.. (they lost to paok 14 - 1 anyways)
    but the change would cause my team to go from 8 players to 3 players.. (including the goalie) due to work schedules.

we found at at 11:00 pm that we had a game the next morning at 8 am instead of the late 10 pm game .
    which.. of course we couldn't make. Many of us.. actually over half were working and were unable to change our schedule. So, we discussed re-schedule of the game. Paok (the team from north greece) agreed, then later retracted their agreement opting to take a 5 - 0 paper win instead(forcing us to forfeit the game) 2 days after the game should have been played.

Ahh.. karma has returned us the favor now.. after winning our last game. and playing our last two these 2 days. thur/fri we are sitting in solid in 3rd place.. 9 points.. with
    paok 12 points in 2nd. had the paper win not happened. (we would have crushed them) we would be sitting in 2nd and with them in 3rd. (btw the first place team is mostly the greek national team kept together as one team)

So now.. the finals begin on saturday.. 10:30 am.. with 2nd
    vs 3rd and 1st vs 4th.

now paok (coming into athens is a 5 hour drive) has requested (not to our team that they will most likely end up playing) but to the owner of the ice rink / comminiser of greek ice sports. that the game be changed to sat nite. We were called by the commish and told of the change.. where upon we have now issued a statement saying. "Due to the fact that many of our player will be unable to make it to the rink saturday nite, and have arranged their schedules to play saturday morning we decline the change"
    I just spoke with the commish on the phone who told me "The poak team cannot leave at 3 am to be here by 8 am to prepare for the game. and instead of taking the 0-5 loss they plead with your team to change the game to the nite.

So.. my question to you all..
    and trueth is 2 of the 8 players we have cannot come at nite. but all 8 can be there for the 10:30 am game.
    should we say.. "Suckz doesn't it" statement.. or.. ohh sure come down and we'll beat u either way.

btw.. sunday we play game 2 in the morning and game 3 at nite in a best of 3 playoff round.

I called the guys on the team and we'll be meeting 2nite at the game to come
    up with our official statement/decision.

gotta luv karma..

DiGiTaL

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Hey, they got you guys for a cheap win, I would return the favor and say, "Suckz to be you".
    You will eventually kick thier ass in the playoffs anyway I suspect.
    ;D

By the way, you talk to the commish?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast