Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: greece beats us!!!

"Benet" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:
    well.. another miracle happened...
    Based on the recent performances of the US Men's national basketball team, I'd hardly call that a "miracle".

US once again done in on the international stage because they don't play D, can't make a three and are horrible from the free-throw line.

But - gol 'darnit - we'd probably win a dunk contest!

=Z=
    That's probably the most intelligent post regarding the US national basketball team I've ever seen.

Kudos to you Zeus!
    Well, thank you, Benet!
    I gots to be brutally honest when the situation calls for it.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

the only reason i'd say a miracle..

in the last years greece has won.

EuroBasket, Their Pro teams have won the champions leage in basket.

and all this after greece won the euro championship in soccer. (Portagul)

and for the first time since we used pro's they beat the US. honestly every one here was amazed that the NBA players would shoot soo bad. but Gianakis did an amazing job getting a team together and keeping them together now for almost 6 years.

that's our biggest problem. THe greeks played team ball, we played sorta team ball. I bet that if we had this team remain together, and practice
    yearly together next time it'll be a different thing.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

I don't think I've ever been more disappointed about the US losing, LeBron was horrible in that game Wade never lived up to his motto, Chris Paul...who? he played horrible, I think Anthony proved to be better than all of them put together.

Nobody steped up except Anthony, I was starting to think we should have kept Arenas, this was a horrible USA team.

SJHILL is offline Starter

"UndisputedVike" wrote:
    I don't think I've ever been more disappointed about the US losing, LeBron was horrible in that game Wade never lived up to his motto, Chris Paul...who? he played horrible, I think Anthony proved to be better than all of them put together.

Nobody steped up except Anthony, I was starting to think we should have kept Arenas, this was a horrible USA team.
    I don't really see what deal the is. The international game is different from the NBA game. We started from scratch, and are developing our team so that they can win Olympic gold, not some tourney that doesn't mean anything compared to the olympics. Greece may not have NBA players, but they are obvisouly more seasoned in the international game. Good for them, I hope they beat Spain in the finals.
    At least, we won bronze with a young team that will only get better as they continue to play and mature together

oh,
    and by the way, the United States still leads the world in baseball and basketball.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"SJHILL" wrote:
    I don't really see what deal the is. The international game is different from the NBA game. We started from scratch, and are developing our team so that they can win Olympic gold, not some tourney that doesn't mean anything compared to the olympics. Greece may not have NBA players, but they are obvisouly more seasoned in the international game. Good for them, I hope they beat Spain in the finals.
    At least, we won bronze with a young team that will only get better as they continue to play and mature together

oh,
    and by the way, the United States still leads the world in baseball and basketball.
    We started from scratch?
    Are you kidding me?
    Every single player on that team has been playing basketball for years and should know how to shoot free-throws and play defense.
    Prior to the game, the US players put on a dunk exhibition for the fans while the Greek players practiced free throws.

Which team do you think took this game seriously?

USA Basketball is an embarrassment.
    We should send a team of bench players because they might actually try to play basketball, rather than dunk and giggle - and lose.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12