Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Government's free time

I know some of the members are reveling in the fact that Goodell is getting grilled over destroying tapes and what not, I understand.

How sad is it though that we can't even get our government or Alan Spector for that matter to investigate destroyed CIA terrorist interrogation tapes that may have shown the U.S. using torture on terror suspects.
    So government Agency destroying evidence that they were given subpoenas to keep intact isn't worth even one freaking hearing.
    But if the NFL deals with an in house situation dealing with THEIR rules this is suddenly worthy of a government investigation, who one of the members (spector) just happens to be a huge fan of the Eagles.

I think this is joke that just isn't funny. What do you guys think.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Government's free time

i think we need to torture more terror suspects
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

Politics suck
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

I hear you, mate. It is preposterous. However, keep in mind that Specter is basically doing this of his own accord. He is no longer the Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, only the "ranking Republican member." So while he can threaten all he wants to put Goodell in front of the committee, that decision truly lies with the Chairman, Patrick Leahy.

Now I'm not trying to defend the Senate at large (because we all know that they are notoriously long-winded time-wasters), I'm just saying that in this instance, the onus is on Specter, not the government at large.

But regarding the destruction of torture videos, obviously the whole business is reprehensible and an ugly topic all around.If you want to discuss the merits of bringing such videos out in the open, I'm more than willing to do it in the yell or by pm's, but I think it's too tricky of a subject to be discussed by people of varying educational and political backgrounds in a public forum.

It'd git as ugly as this right quick:

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"The" wrote:
    I hear you, mate. It is preposterous. However, keep in mind that Specter is basically doing this of his own accord. He is no longer the Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, only the "ranking Republican member." So while he can threaten all he wants to put Goodell in front of the committee, that decision truly lies with the Chairman, Patrick Leahy.

Now I'm not trying to defend the Senate at large (because we all know that they are notoriously long-winded time-wasters), I'm just saying that in this instance, the onus is on Specter, not the government at large.

But regarding the destruction of torture videos, obviously the whole business is reprehensible and an ugly topic all around.If you want to discuss the merits of bringing such videos out in the open, I'm more than willing to do it in the yell or by pm's, but I think it's too tricky of a subject to be discussed by people of varying educational and political backgrounds in a public forum.

It'd git as ugly as this right quick:

Yeah I know, I was more using it as en example of how dumb the NFL thing was more so than the actual CIA tape incident itself, but some people do get rubbed the wrong way.