Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Good Police Work

    I'm not going to share my personal opinion of the 'force-level' used here, because I'm European. We got a diferent crime situation here, and a diferent
    debate going on in the political justice debate.

    I'll just say that I really enjoy reading your guys discusion. It's - lets call it - entertaining.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  2. #22
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,219

    Re: Good Police Work

    "Del" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    not really...he would have done the same off camera just like I would have.
    If anything he lightened up because of the camera.
    If you think this standard textbook take down move was excessive, tell me what you would have done.
    Taser, Pepper Spray, Baton to head, Punch in face, Walk up to him nicely and ask him for the 5th time?
    I'm not trying to be the devils advocate here...I would really like to know how you can take someone down without it looking excessive and without exposing your weapon side to the subject?
    I think the officer's moves were perfect.
    No cheap shots, no extra punches while the subject lays on the ground.
    Of course I guess I am biased.
    I am from the old school of commen sense thinking.
    That is when you just got done fighting someone and a cop rolls up, play time is over.
    When he approaches me after I just broke the law and asks for me to take my hands out of my pocket...I just do it. ???

    Anybodys head that hits the asphalt that hard would probably be:

    A. Knocked the F out.

    B. Have his head split wide open

    C. Both

    All because he didn't listen & take his hands out of his pockets?

    The fight was over. It still seems quite excessive for obstinance.



    Singer, you will not win this argument trust me. Police officers can do no harm ever. They are justified in every single thing they do and you owe them everything. Bail out before it is too late.
    It's not an argument. It's my opinion, I'm entilted to it & I'm sticking to it.

    We are not discussing the legality of it.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #23
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Good Police Work

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    not really...he would have done the same off camera just like I would have.
    If anything he lightened up because of the camera.
    If you think this standard textbook take down move was excessive, tell me what you would have done.
    Taser, Pepper Spray, Baton to head, Punch in face, Walk up to him nicely and ask him for the 5th time?
    I'm not trying to be the devils advocate here...I would really like to know how you can take someone down without it looking excessive and without exposing your weapon side to the subject?
    I think the officer's moves were perfect.
    No cheap shots, no extra punches while the subject lays on the ground.
    Of course I guess I am biased.
    I am from the old school of commen sense thinking.
    That is when you just got done fighting someone and a cop rolls up, play time is over.
    When he approaches me after I just broke the law and asks for me to take my hands out of my pocket...I just do it. ???

    Anybodys head that hits the asphalt that hard would probably be:

    A. Knocked the F out.

    B. Have his head split wide open

    C. Both

    All because he didn't listen & take his hands out of his pockets?

    The fight was over. It still seems quite excessive for obstinance.



    Singer, you will not win this argument trust me. Police officers can do no harm ever. They are justified in every single thing they do and you owe them everything. Bail out before it is too late.
    It's not an argument. It's my opinion, I'm entilted to it & I'm sticking to it.

    We are not discussing the legality of it.
    #1) I never said anything about it being legal or not.
    #2) I already admited I was being an asshole to EN, and apologized.

  4. #24
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,219

    Re: Good Police Work

    "Del" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    not really...he would have done the same off camera just like I would have.
    If anything he lightened up because of the camera.
    If you think this standard textbook take down move was excessive, tell me what you would have done.
    Taser, Pepper Spray, Baton to head, Punch in face, Walk up to him nicely and ask him for the 5th time?
    I'm not trying to be the devils advocate here...I would really like to know how you can take someone down without it looking excessive and without exposing your weapon side to the subject?
    I think the officer's moves were perfect.
    No cheap shots, no extra punches while the subject lays on the ground.
    Of course I guess I am biased.
    I am from the old school of commen sense thinking.
    That is when you just got done fighting someone and a cop rolls up, play time is over.
    When he approaches me after I just broke the law and asks for me to take my hands out of my pocket...I just do it. ???

    Anybodys head that hits the asphalt that hard would probably be:

    A. Knocked the F out.

    B. Have his head split wide open

    C. Both

    All because he didn't listen & take his hands out of his pockets?

    The fight was over. It still seems quite excessive for obstinance.



    Singer, you will not win this argument trust me. Police officers can do no harm ever. They are justified in every single thing they do and you owe them everything. Bail out before it is too late.
    It's not an argument. It's my opinion, I'm entilted to it & I'm sticking to it.

    We are not discussing the legality of it.
    #1) I never said anything about it being legal or not.
    #2) I already admited I was being an donkey butt to EN, and apologized.
    I should have clarified myself better. I was refering to the "Bail out before it is too late" part & merely stating it was my opinion & not whether I thought it was legal or illegal.

    I also realize that you never said anything about it being legal or not. I was just adding a statement that I wasn't questioning the legality of it.



    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #25
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: Good Police Work

    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    Nothing more incapacitating then a shot to the throat.
    Totally imobilizing.
    Las Vegas PD takes care of biznaaz

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FSG5I6fL_Q
    O.K. I obey the law.
    But I have a question for you and your internet partner.
    Why would you post this here?
    Why not post it on some cop site where you can clap each other on the back on how this is "Good Police Work".

    I might just say shoot the "PERP. but the average citizen probably doesn't get off on an incapacitating shot to the throat like you guys do!

    You'd think you got enough crap on the job.


    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  6. #26
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,219

    Re: Good Police Work

    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    Nothing more incapacitating then a shot to the throat.
    Totally imobilizing.
    Las Vegas PD takes care of biznaaz

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FSG5I6fL_Q
    O.K. I obey the law.
    But I have a question for you and your internet partner.
    Why would you post this here?
    Why not post it on some cop site where you can clap each other on the back on how this is "Good Police Work".

    I might just say shoot the "PERP. but the average citizen probably doesn't get off on an incapacitating shot to the throat like you guys do!

    You'd think you got enough crap on the job.



    [img width=400 height=291]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/time20bomb.gif[/img]


    Tic tic tic tic tic

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #27
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: Good Police Work

    "singersp" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    Nothing more incapacitating then a shot to the throat.
    Totally imobilizing.
    Las Vegas PD takes care of biznaaz

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FSG5I6fL_Q
    O.K. I obey the law.
    But I have a question for you and your internet partner.
    Why would you post this here?
    Why not post it on some cop site where you can clap each other on the back on how this is "Good Police Work".

    I might just say shoot the "PERP. but the average citizen probably doesn't get off on an incapacitating shot to the throat like you guys do!

    You'd think you got enough crap on the job.



    [img width=400 height=291]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/time20bomb.gif[/img]


    Tic tic tic tic tic
    Honestly. I'm just slinging crap and causing trouble here. I do have respect for and appreciate the job law enforcement does.
    I'm just a little leary when someone refers to a blow to the throat as taking care of "biznaaz".
    And I'm no pussy. I'm ex SF and served in Vietnam.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  8. #28
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,219

    Re: Good Police Work

    "jargomcfargo" wrote:

    Honestly. I'm just slinging crap and causing trouble here. I do have respect for and appreciate the job law enforcement does.
    I'm just a little leary when someone refers to a blow to the throat as taking care of "biznaaz".
    And I'm no "meow". I'm ex SF and served in Vietnam.
    LOL! I'm just waiting for their response........and they will respond. You can bet on that.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #29
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Good Police Work

    So am I off the hook now?

  10. #30
    Webby's Avatar
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 1998
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    8,976
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Good Police Work

    Alright folks, I think its time to sundown this thread....we're getting mighty silly here and random crap is being taken out of context and thrown at each other.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Good Woman-Good Man-Solid Family-Courage Abundant
    By Infidel in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-25-2010, 08:47 PM
  2. How was your day at work?
    By enlvikeman in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-21-2006, 03:32 PM
  3. So far...defense is good...special teams are good....
    By RandyMoss8404 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-23-2005, 10:37 PM
  4. Tice A Good Coach... But A Good Speller?
    By Drinkin At The Lincoln in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-15-2005, 11:05 AM
  5. Good Game and Good Luck Texans
    By Kleinsasser40 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-11-2004, 04:55 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •