Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30
  1. #11
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Good Police Work

    "twiztedfait" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    The takedown was clean, and given the choice, i would much rather be taken down like that than by pepper spray or baton.
    QFT.
    My brother accidently sprayed mace in my car once........I think I would rather get kicked in the nuts then maced ever again
    LOL.
    You ain't lying.
    As an instructor, we made sure that every officer using pepper spray knew exactly what the effects of it would be... first hand.
    We also had to teach the officers how to fight through the effects of pepper spray incase they were accidently sprayed by another officer during an altercation with a suspect.
    I would never expect the other officers to do something that I wouldn't do myself, so I or my instructing partner would always be the first to be sprayed during a class.
    That means I was sprayed every other week for about two years straight.
    Believe me, it is something you never get used to.

    On the bright side, I can eat the hottest wings at Buffalo Wild Wings now and barely break a sweat... ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #12
    enlvikeman's Avatar
    enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,395

    Re: Good Police Work

    Singer, you will not win this argument trust me. Police officers can do no harm ever. They are justified in every single thing they do and you owe them everything. Bail out before it is too late.


    I knew it was a matter of time before Del Rio (Mr. Opinionated) threw his weak a z z
    two cents in.

    Del Rio's comments are once again 100% ignorance...and some of you here eat it up.
    No police officer I know think other officers do know harm...including this one.
    I've locked up 3 police officers, two for DUI and one for breaking and entering.
    So I guess I still fit into Del Rio's cop equation that officers do no harm.

    The only thing that was asked is what would a citizen (Singer) do in that situation.
    Nothing more.
    To say that cops think that you owe them everything or are justified in everything they do is such a warped, ridiculous, borderline r e t a r d e d comment that it doesn't even deserve to argued.
    It's just more Del Rio fodder...and I will not play the childish game he wants me to play. The real problem here is not that "Police officers can do no harm" it's that Del Rio thinks police officers can do no right.

    Singer if that's how you feel then that is you right and I respect it.
    Notice how I didn't berate you or become condescending.
    You made your opinion and that was good enough for me.
    I should have known better then to post this video here.

    Singer, you will not win this argument trust me. Police officers can do no harm ever. They are justified in every single thing they do and you owe them everything. Bail out before it is too late.




    "24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

    CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

  3. #13
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Good Police Work

    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    Singer, you will not win this argument trust me. Police officers can do no harm ever. They are justified in every single thing they do and you owe them everything. Bail out before it is too late.


    I knew it was a matter of time before Del Rio (Mr. Opinionated) threw his weak a z z
    two cents in.

    Del Rio's comments are once again 100% ignorance...and some of you here eat it up.
    No police officer I know think other officers do know harm...including this one.
    I've locked up 3 police officers, two for DUI and one for breaking and entering.
    So I guess I still fit into Del Rio's cop equation that officers do no harm.

    The only thing that was asked is what would a citizen (Singer) do in that situation.
    Nothing more.
    To say that cops think that you owe them everything or are justified in everything they do is such a warped, ridiculous, borderline r e t a r d e d comment that it doesn't even deserve to argued.
    It's just more Del Rio fodder...and I will not play the childish game he wants me to play. The real problem here is not that "Police officers can do no harm" it's that Del Rio thinks police officers can do no right.

    Singer if that's how you feel then that is you right and I respect it.
    Notice how I didn't berate you or become condescending.
    You made your opinion and that was good enough for me.
    I should have known better then to post this video here.

    Singer, you will not win this argument trust me. Police officers can do no harm ever. They are justified in every single thing they do and you owe them everything. Bail out before it is too late.

    Well since you just spent about 200 hundred words straying away from your own topic I guess in a sense you did play the childish game.

    The post was directed to singer, I have been in these cop threads more then once and reasoning doesn't work. I passed along a suggestion from observation of many posts I have been involved in. I do appreciate you calling me borderline r e t a r d e d, because had you just flat out called me r e t a r d e d, I may just lose some sleep over it.


  4. #14
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Good Police Work

    "Del" wrote:
    Well since you just spent about 200 hundred words straying away from your own topic I guess in a sense you did play the childish game.

    The post was directed to singer, I have been in these cop threads more then once and reasoning doesn't work. I passed along a suggestion from observation of many posts I have been involved in. I do appreciate you calling me borderline r e t a r d e d, because had you just flat out called me r e t a r d e d, I may just lose some sleep over it.

    Del, even if you directed the post at Singer, you had to realize that posting comments like that were inflamatory and insulting.
    "Police officers can do no harm ever. They are justified in every single thing they do and you owe them everything."
    If you were simply passing along a suggestion you probably could have done it with out trying to insinuate that cops are incapable of reason and therefore cannot carry on a legitimate discussion with other people.

    Cops can, and unfortunately do, do harm.
    There are corrupt cops out there, just like there are corrupt Software Engineers, corrupt cooks, corrupt government anaylsts, corrupt defensive line coaches... Cops are people too, and are subject to the same failings the rest of us are.
    However, making generalizations about every cop in America based on the actions of a very few is illogical and ignorant.

    In this situation, the police officer IMHO did not use excessive force.
    I don't claim that my opinion is the only one out there, but I do have some experience in the area.
    You can disagree if you want to.
    Personally I would rather see a suspect (who remember, was already involved in a fight and now refusing to comply with lawful orders of a police officer) pushed to the ground physically than another cop killed because they let their guard down and assumed that there was no threat.

    In case you are curious, there are an average of 163 police officers killed every year, and an average of 56,017 officers assulted every year.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #15
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Good Police Work

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    Well since you just spent about 200 hundred words straying away from your own topic I guess in a sense you did play the childish game.

    The post was directed to singer, I have been in these cop threads more then once and reasoning doesn't work. I passed along a suggestion from observation of many posts I have been involved in. I do appreciate you calling me borderline r e t a r d e d, because had you just flat out called me r e t a r d e d, I may just lose some sleep over it.

    Del, even if you directed the post at Singer, you had to realize that posting comments like that were inflamatory and insulting.
    "Police officers can do no harm ever. They are justified in every single thing they do and you owe them everything."
    If you were simply passing along a suggestion you probably could have done it with out trying to insinuate that cops are incapable of reason and therefore cannot carry on a legitimate discussion with other people.

    Cops can, and unfortunately do, do harm.
    There are corrupt cops out there, just like there are corrupt Software Engineers, corrupt cooks, corrupt government anaylsts, corrupt defensive line coaches... Cops are people too, and are subject to the same failings the rest of us are.
    However, making generalizations about every cop in America based on the actions of a very few is illogical and ignorant.

    In this situation, the police officer IMHO did not use excessive force.
    I don't claim that my opinion is the only one out there, but I do have some experience in the area.
    You can disagree if you want to.
    Personally I would rather see a suspect (who remember, was already involved in a fight and now refusing to comply with lawful orders of a police officer) pushed to the ground physically than another cop killed because they let their guard down and assumed that there was no threat.

    In case you are curious, there are an average of 163 police officers killed every year, and an average of 56,017 officers assulted every year.
    I never stated anything about the content of my post I mereley stated that I directed it at singer. The fact is these cop threads come up all the time. Weather it is about rap music, a "takedown" or any other various reason for one. Which is fine. BUT in my course of posting on PPO it has come apparent that by trying to look at things from a neutral standing you are labeled, and if you are on the other side of the fence help you god. I have my reasons for feeling the way I do.

    The comments were obviously extreeme and exaggerated. The truth is probably always somewhere in between. I will not lay out all my experiences with this subject and the reactions I have gotten while replying to them in this forum over the last few years in this thread or who said what and when. If anyone's feeling have been hurt or insulted feel free to PM me for the details.


  6. #16
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Good Police Work

    On second thought I was just being an asshole.

    En ~ Nodak: I apologize, my comments were indeed not warranted. They were purposely exaggerated not to insult police officers but to get under En's skin and he knows it and I know it and it is childish and I apologize and I really do not feel that way all the time. I also apologize for hijacking this thread. If it is at all possible please continue your discussion.


  7. #17
    mnjamie's Avatar
    mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,536

    Re: Good Police Work

    Ahhhh, the ole' "Cobra Strike" routine ... always Highly Effective !!!!


    As for the rest, as a great poet once said:




    [img width=377 height=298]http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/lapd/getalong2.jpg[/img]


    " Can't We All Just Get Along ?!? "



    Before this happens again and we are doomed to repeat history:


    [img width=400 height=298]http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/lapd/riotfire.jpg[/img]



    " Da Roof, Da Roof, .... Da Roof is on FIRE ! "

  8. #18
    x-ray jeff's Avatar
    x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    812

    Re: Good Police Work

    Pretty cool video.The guy landed on his butt first,his head didn't hit that hard.The "taser dance" would have been funnier. The officer could have given the guy a bit more time for the command to "take you hands out of your pockets"to sink in,but all in all that scene ended quick and easy.

  9. #19
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Good Police Work

    I wish they would of shown the whole video and what happened afterwords. I do remember that episode of Cops, the dude was being totally beligerant. and was either drunk or high I can't remember. But I also know that the cop apologized to him after it was done. But one thing that you never do is keep your hands out of view of a cop. Who knows what they have.

  10. #20
    WisconsinSucks's Avatar
    WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    567

    Re: Good Police Work

    I'm not sure what is more entertaining, the movie or this thread.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Good Woman-Good Man-Solid Family-Courage Abundant
    By Infidel in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-25-2010, 08:47 PM
  2. How was your day at work?
    By enlvikeman in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-21-2006, 03:32 PM
  3. So far...defense is good...special teams are good....
    By RandyMoss8404 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-23-2005, 10:37 PM
  4. Tice A Good Coach... But A Good Speller?
    By Drinkin At The Lincoln in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-15-2005, 11:05 AM
  5. Good Game and Good Luck Texans
    By Kleinsasser40 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-11-2004, 04:55 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •