Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Good ESPN Article on Paul Pierce

I'm not sure if we have any Celtics fans on the board (yeah, I know...lot's of Wolves fans!) but here's a great article on Paul Pierce. It really describes the transformation this guy has gone through in the last year or so to become a real leader. Back in the early part of the decade I was really excited for Pierce/Walker in Boston, but they just never found them a decent big guy to offset the perimeter game...all that by the way goes back to not getting Timmy Duncan in the draft (f-ing lottery!). Now Walker is gone and so is basically all of the other veteran talent. Instead of acting like an idiot and sulking though, Pierce has really let go of his childish ways and become a great leader for guys like Delonte West and Gerald Green. As a Celts fan it's nice to see some direction and some enthusiasm for the team. Anyway, it's a long article, but it's a great read!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060310&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab2pos1

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Good ESPN Article on Paul Pierce

im a huge fan of both teams, and i love paul pierce..i liked the article about him..he is finally getting the respect he deserves
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Good ESPN Article on Paul Pierce

"...but they just never found them a decent big guy to offset the perimeter game...all that by the way goes back to not getting Timmy Duncan in the draft (f-ing lottery!)"

:cry:

F*** the Celtics....they have enough titles to last a lifetime!!!

Man, ltrey...you sure know how to pick a great pro football team...but your basketball picks SUCK!!! :razz:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE