Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Godfather of Soul - still dead, still not buried

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breaking/story.asp?j=242220445&p=z4zzzyz6x&n=242221331

James Brown still unburied in bitter estate dispute

James Brown’s partner, his six adult children and trustees of his estate will meet in a South Carolina court today to resolve disputes over his estate as the soul legend’s remains still await burial.

Brown’s partner, Tomi Rae Hynie, and his children are upset with the three long-time associates he named as trustees. Lawyers will also argue whether Hynie, who claims she is Brown’s fourth wife, can get access to Brown’s Beech Island home.

The singer’s embalmed body, meanwhile, remains in the same sealed, gold coffin seen at his funeral awaiting a decision on where to bury it, officials at the undertakers that handled Brown’s funeral say.
    =Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Re: Godfather of Soul - still dead, still not buried

Apparently, they can bury him now.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/music/2007/02/22/james-brown-burial/

[size=12pt]Soul legend James Brown set to finally be laid to rest[/size]
    22 FEBRUARY 2007

The godfather of soul, James Brown, is finally to be laid to rest. After months of wrangling, the singer's family and his former partner, Tomi Rae Brown, have agreed over where the music legend is to be buried.

"The children and the wife - my client Tomi Rae Brown - have come to an agreement and they have decided that he will be buried in a decent place - but it's going to be kept confidential," revealed lawyer Robert Rosen. "Assuming a court order is signed, he could be buried in the next few days." Mr Rosen added that the burial was likely to be private.
    =Z=

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

The ONE thing that they had BETTER do is take care of his YOUNG children by his latest "wife"....I don't care about her, per se, but the young children would be innocent victims if the greedy older kids try to keep all of the money.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

;D ;D ;D I like that.. Godfather of soul still dead, still not buried.. Well no crap, do they think he is Our Lord and Savior? That on the 3rd day he would rise from the dead? ;D That cracked me up big time..

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Bury him and Anna Nicole together and get all this crap over with....and give his little kid some of his money.

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    ;D ;D ;D I like that.. Godfather of soul still dead, still not buried.. Well no crap, do they think he is Our Lord and Savior? That on the 3rd day he would rise from the dead? ;D That cracked me up big time..
    He may not be Jesus, but he's pretty close! YEAH-WATCH ME!....I got it..ohhh YEAH -WATCH ME!-RIP you funky, funky man.
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

Apparently, he's decomposed enough so that someone can stuff him in a freezer now or somesuch.

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2007/03/11/2007-03-11_browns_soul_is_finally_at_peace-1.html

[size=12pt]Brown's soul is finally at peace [/size]

Rev. Al presides over ceremony

BY TINA MOORE
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Sunday, March 11th 2007, 4:00 AM

Seventy-six days after his death on Christmas Day, James Brown was finally laid to rest yesterday in a crypt emblazoned with the words "Godfather of Soul," the Rev. Al Sharpton said.

"It was very emotional," Sharpton told the Daily News after presiding over the ceremony in South Carolina. "It was just the closest family and his children."

The service at the Beech Island home of one of the singer's daughters was also attended by Brown's partner, Tomi Rae Hynie, and her 5-year-old son James Brown 2nd.

The backup singer's claims that Brown married her and fathered her child led to the estate dispute that delayed his burial for so long after his death on Dec. 25. A DNA sample was taken from Brown last month for a possible paternity challenge.

But Sharpton said the ceremony at the home of Deanna Brown Thomas "united" everybody who attended, and Hynie agreed.

"This is what James wanted, for the family to come together," she said.

Brown would be proud that his children had "the integrity to do what was right" despite the fight over his estate and other properties, Sharpton said. They paid for the entombment themselves.
    =Z=

In the name of the father of soul

the son of funkiness

and the whole soul music
    Amen
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

Brown would be proud that his children had "the integrity to do what was right" despite the fight over his estate and other properties, Sharpton said. They paid for the entombment themselves.

Cris Rock would say..."You are SUPPOSED to do whats right" and "You are SUPPOSED to pay for the entombment"....what do you want......a cookie??
    ;D
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.