Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: God Bless...

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

Re: God Bless...

Ya, God Bless the Pope

Thank you Josdin for the sig

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I have a great deal of respect for the Pope. I'm not Catholic, but I respect him tremendously as a Christian man. It takes an insane amount of dedication to your religion and God to even be a priest, much less be the Pope. It's a sad day for the world, but it's a good day for the John Paul II...he gets new life. God bless him and those affected by his passing.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

I have posted "Religious stuff" here before, and no one came down on me for doing so. I, too, am Catholic, and it was so sad to see the way the Pope deteriorated physically over the last several years of his life. He was a man of God, and walked the path of goodness and faith in his life, and I'm sure he's found his reward back "in his Father's House". I will remember him for his steadfast belief in the goodness of humanity, and his unshakeable championing of the poor, the downtrodden, and the faithful.

God Bless his soul...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

leaving aside the fact of being Pope, if you look at his story then he was a big reason for a lot of jews escaping the nazis during WWII. Just for that alone there will be a lot of people sad on his passing.
    He stayed true to his beliefs- whatever your view may have been on them- so I hope he finds what he has been faithful to all these years.
    God Bless
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"midgensa" wrote:
    I don't really need to know anyone else on here's personal religious beliefs. I think it would be just as easy to say that the Pope was a good man without divulging that information. He was definitely a liberal and progressive Pope and that posed well for PEOPLE (not just Christians) everywhere. Here's to the next guy ... something tells me Pope John Paul II was a Vikings fan anyways ... to great a man not to be.
    No need to dis anyone who does divulge their beliefs either...you chose not to divulge yours, so just leave it at that!

Now if you want to criticize people for voting their religious beliefs when they elected Bush, by all means have at it!!! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

I loved the pope. He was the man. Even bush was scared of him and bush aint scared of no one. Just look at the video of bush meeting the pope. He looks like he is about to wet himself.

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    I loved the pope. He was the man. Even bush was scared of him and bush aint scared of no one. Just look at the video of bush meeting the pope. He looks like he is about to wet himself.
    Bush always looks like he is about to wet himself...or take a dump in his pants...Cheney probably has to change Bush's Depends more than a few times a day! :lol:

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    Bush always looks like he is about to wet himself...or take a dump in his pants...Cheney probably has to change Bush's Depends more than a few times a day! :lol:
    Now now, let's not get personal. Besides, everyone knows it's Laura who changes his Depends!!! :twisted: :wink: :lol:
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

"shockzilla" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    Now now, let's not get personal. Besides, everyone knows it's Laura who changes his Depends!!! :twisted: :wink: :lol:
    Sorry...I will have to re-check my sources here in Washington DC!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12