Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Angryviking is offline Starter

Girlfriend problems

alright, well i normally wouldn't do this but i'm at a loss of words to this particular problem. my g/f's friends are coming into town and my g/f gets all pissed off when i don't want to hang out w/ her and her friends and it's simple cuz they do shit that i either don't do or can't do yet... i.e drink. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks
    b07c3df44d1c1ef4f2f2dc468267cdf3

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Girlfriend problems

Hang out with them if they're not drinking to make the woman happy, if they are drinking, your girlfriend should understand its ILLEGAL to do otherwise and should relieve you of duty on this one. Otherwise, she's not a very understanding person.

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

"ltrey33" wrote:
    Hang out with them if they're not drinking to make the woman happy, if they are drinking, your girlfriend should understand its ILLEGAL to do otherwise and should relieve you of duty on this one. Otherwise, she's not a very understanding person.
    agreed you should just not drink but you can still hang out with them

Go vikes!!

Angryviking is offline Starter

i don't have a problem w/ my g/f drinking really except when she does start she start smoking like a chimmey and i hate that shit. and being in a room w/ a buncha smoke doesn't sound like a whole lotta fun. and i don't wanna be the wet blanket and have all her friends and herself smoke outside, just cuz i mind it. i understand where she is coming from, but shit, if she didn't want to hang out w/ my friends i wouldn't jump up her @#%@ bout it. but the day i understand women i'll be too old to use the knowledge!
    b07c3df44d1c1ef4f2f2dc468267cdf3

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"Angryviking" wrote:
    i don't have a problem w/ my g/f drinking really except when she does start she start smoking like a chimmey and i hate that pooh. and being in a room w/ a buncha smoke doesn't sound like a whole lotta fun. and i don't wanna be the wet blanket and have all her friends and herself smoke outside, just cuz i mind it. i understand where she is coming from, but pooh, if she didn't want to hang out w/ my friends i wouldn't jump up her @#%@ bout it. but the day i understand women i'll be too old to use the knowledge!
    second hand smoke kills!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

May I ask your age if you don't mind.

Have you ever told her how you feel about the situation? I do not mean to sound harsh, but if it is something that you do not like you outta lay down the law. If she respects your feelings and meets you half way, she is a keeper. :wink:

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

If she can't understand your desire not to be in a smoke filled room, there may be a problem. My suggestion would be to hang out with them, andif they start to smoke just tell them your going to watch some TV in another room or your going outside for a while or your heading out.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Wow, you say "pooh" a lot.

This a part of exploring your limitations in the relationship.

She wants to smoke and drink with her friends.

You don't like the smoke and can't drink yet.

She gets po'ed when you don't join them.

You don't want to join them.

Seems like win or lose, to me. So, the objective should be to find the third option where everyone wins.

Ask yourself the questions:

When I am of age, will I be more comfortable in joining my girlfriend out partying? If the answer is yes, then talk to her about it and let her know you don't want to get busted. Make cameo appearances until you turn 21, then join in. If your answer is no, you may be asking her to a) give up something she enjoys, or b) learn to have a good time without you, which doesn't bode well for your future.

What is ticking me off more: the drinking/smoking or the friends? Be honest with yourself. And remember, most sane women, when given a choice between a best friend and a boyfriend, will eventually choose the best friend over the boyfriend.

What is our relationship like when her friends aren't around? Is this the only area you have difficulties with? Does she see this as long-term? Do you?

She likes to party. She likes, she likes to party.

What would you rather do? Movie? Dancing? Romantic dinners? I was pretty much a non-partier myself, and didn't find myself too comfortable with girls that regarded Tuesday as the only night they stayed home to study.

The best question to ask yourself is:

Is she worth sucking it up and going out and inhaling smoke for?

If she's worth the sacrifice, you make it. If she's not, and you're expecting her to change for you...well, here's your first lesson in understanding women.

Hope this helps.

Los "mr. relationship guy"
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Hey Los, I found a pic of you!

Dr. "Los" Ruth! :lol:

duffVIkEs is offline Pro-Bowler

BWHAHAHAHAHA ultra you couldnt of found a better picture.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast