Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Girl advise.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Girl advise.

"Prophet" wrote:
    "mnvikes61" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Forget about the group. Just be honest. Ask her out for something harmless like lunch and a balloon ride. After that just go with the flow for your next encounter.
    Well when I asked her out in that e-mail, I asked her if she'd like to get together just her and me or get the entire group together.When she replied she said the group that's why I'm trying to get the group together.
    Now you tell us. You have three options the way I see it.

1. Get together with the group.
    2. Take a risk and ask her out without the group.
    3. Do nothing.

I would go with option #2 since you already expressed more then a mild interest in her. Just don't come on too strong. What's the worse case scenario? She says no? Oh well. The keepers are worth pursuing and one strike does not mean the end of the pursuit.
    I agree, because if you chose the #3 route, you'll always be wondering what option #2 might have been like & you will regret it. :wink:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

6-KINGS Guest

As with any non married relationship, if it fails..............
    NEXT!!!!!
    It is really that easy.
    As Freya said, relax, have fun and be fun.
    That is where true happiness is.
    Don't make it complicated.

coreyd is offline Coach

All I can say is this man......girls are a dime a dozen......

Just keep on livin...

L-I-V-I-N

Seriously though, this is what I can tell you. My ex-fiance and I broke up a little over a year ago. We were together for two years. Right after we broke up I had a few chances to go out on dates. I took them. Wasnt a bad idea, but I wish I would have waited. You need time for yourself. Its a healing process. It doesnt happen overnight. It doesnt happen by bangin 5 other girls the first month. Just relax, take some time off, and have some fun.

Remember.....L-I-V-I-N!!

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

If you were going to dump her anyway..whats the big deal? why wait ? Get your Pipe fitters union card out and START laying some pipe ! Girl friends are like flat tires..always have a spare.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Aight man.. You help me alot with chick advice.. So here's my 2 cents..

I remember when u met this girl.. U sound like you really like her, But only you can tell what is right. If your still torn over your ex maybe it's not time to get back on the dating scene.. Or maybe she will help u get over it?

Or maybe you don't even care anymore.. Your over it all.. And think this girl could be something really special..

So in alll that rambling.. Which im not even sure what it all means.. I would just go with ur heart bro.. Be smooth.. Do what ya gotta do.. Just break it down to her and tell her that you think there's something there and you would like to take her out to dinner or something.. Yah kinda funny coming from the kid who's always depressed about girls and what not.. But I would just say go with your heart on this one..

One Love

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

I say go for it, if she says no, then atleast you tried you know, you'll be beating yourself up if you do nothing, I mean what have you got to lose.

If it goes in the wrong direction then it wasn't meant to be, not a total loss really there's plenty of women out there, can't fixate on one if that one won't budge.

boognish is offline Coordinator

"UndisputedVike" wrote:
    I say go for it, if she says no, then atleast you tried you know, you'll be beating yourself up if you do nothing, I mean what have you got to lose.

If it goes in the wrong direction then it wasn't meant to be, not a total loss really there's plenty of women out there, can't fixate on one if that one won't budge.
    Amen, brother. If there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's that all those high school games of acting cool around the chicks and being somewhat distant and acting like you could care less is a bunch of BS. Be bold, ask her out, have a good time, don't think about it too much. Most importantly, be genuine and don't put up the "tough guy" front; she'll appreciate you more for it in the end.
    I am a dipshit!!!

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

"boognish" wrote:
    "UndisputedVike" wrote:

Amen, brother. If there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's that all those high school games of acting cool around the chicks and being somewhat distant and acting like you could care less is a bunch of BS. Be bold, ask her out, have a good time, don't think about it too much. Most importantly, be genuine and don't put up the "tough guy" front; she'll appreciate you more for it in the end.
    This guy knows what he's talking about, nicely done, I agree 110%

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

2 years and a break-up...ok, you can handle that.

Interested in a new girl...butterflies in the stomach, twitterpated, all that jazz....this is doable.

Friend's G/F cheeping in her ear about how much you "loved" your ex......OUCH.

I would suggest the direct approach...let her know you're interested by asking her out. Don't wait for the group if it doesn't materialize, after all, it isn't the group you're interested in dating.

As a means of covering your bases, see if you can't chat with your friend and his G/F. Casually mention how much you REALLY like this new girl. You could even drop in a hint about how much she blows the old G/F away. Within 10 minutes of your departure, your Friend's G/F will be giving her friend the play-by-play.

Don't crowd the girl by calling multiple times each day...or even every day. You don't want to come across as "needy". At the same time, don't NOT call at all...you don't want her to think she's simply a matter of convenience.

If you're serious about trying to date this girl, then treat it seriously. Be up front about it. The worst thing that can happen is she says, "No"...and while that's not very much fun, there are LOTS of others out there.

Just be YOU...after all, that's what you're selling, right?

Caine (An old married guy)

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

"Caine" wrote:
    2 years and a break-up...ok, you can handle that.

Interested in a new girl...butterflies in the stomach, twitterpated, all that jazz....this is doable.

Friend's G/F cheeping in her ear about how much you "loved" your ex......OUCH.

I would suggest the direct approach...let her know you're interested by asking her out. Don't wait for the group if it doesn't materialize, after all, it isn't the group you're interested in dating.

As a means of covering your bases, see if you can't chat with your friend and his G/F. Casually mention how much you REALLY like this new girl. You could even drop in a hint about how much she blows the old G/F away. Within 10 minutes of your departure, your Friend's G/F will be giving her friend the play-by-play.

Don't crowd the girl by calling multiple times each day...or even every day. You don't want to come across as "needy". At the same time, don't NOT call at all...you don't want her to think she's simply a matter of convenience.

If you're serious about trying to date this girl, then treat it seriously. Be up front about it. The worst thing that can happen is she says, "No"...and while that's not very much fun, there are LOTS of others out there.

Just be YOU...after all, that's what you're selling, right?

Caine (An old married guy)
    Good advice Caine. I might add that an explaination of NOT doing the group thing might be in order. Such as, "The group isn't getting together soon, but I really would like to see you. Can we go to the mall?" (or some other crowded place she would feel comfortable) :lol:
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234