Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Gift Ideas for V-Day

Valentines Day is coming up and it is a good idea to start thinking about how you are going to participate in this consumer holiday.
    If you are going to be guilted into buying something for your significant other, might as well start thinking about it right now.

I saw some ads for the Vermont Teddy Bear and then another ad for Pajama Grams and I was thinking that these were pretty tacky and lame ideas.
    If one was to have to choose between the two, I think that I would go with the Pajama gram.

Re: Gift Ideas for V-Day

The Pajama Gram is pretty amateurish, if you want to say please undress, might as well go to Victoria Secrets or some equivalent and go for the lingerie.

tgorsegner is offline Coordinator

I am just going to take her to Olive Garden (its her favorite) and a movie. Looks like it will probably be Juno. Doesn't sound to impressive, but we are college kids after all. She got me a pretty amazing gift though... She got a poster made with a bunch of pictures of us/ her on it, and then wrote a bunch of inside jokes and cute things like that on the back.

VikesFan787, Thanks for the awesome sig!

"tgorsegner" wrote:
    I am just going to take her to Olive Garden (its her favorite) and a movie. Looks like it will probably be Juno. Doesn't sound to impressive, but we are college kids after all. She got me a pretty amazing gift though... She got a poster made with a bunch of pictures of us/ her on it, and then wrote a bunch of inside jokes and cute things like that on the back.
    It is very practical!
    I like practical.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Yeah, my woman found a relatively cheap flight down the weekend after V-day so now I actually have to pull something together.....

Not quite sure what I"m gonna get her yet.... I may have to go to Victoria's...

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    Yeah, my woman found a relatively cheap flight down the weekend after V-day so now I actually have to pull something together.....

Not quite sure what I"m gonna get her yet.... I may have to go to Victoria's...
    Good idea Thor, especially since you two are apart most of the year.

Sent them to her for V-day and I bet she wears them the day she flies in,

For the guys that haven't done this route before, the trick is to think ahead now, you can't just decide to go out the day of Valentines Day and buy if you don't know the sizes.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I have it pretty bad.
    My wife's birthday is February 8th (today), then comes V-day on the 14th, and our wedding aniversary on the 23rd.
    That is 3 of the biggest events of the year in two weeks!
    I need cheap ideas.
    I should probably buy a birthday present soon too.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

I'll do what I do every year...take her to the store and together we'll read all of the Valentine's Day cards.
    ;D

Seriously, I'll take her to her favorite restaurant for Tofu Teriyaki. We're married 23 years, so we've done most of the gift things. And I work in ladies sleepwear, so I've brought home samples of PJ's and sexy stuff over the years.

She still likes to be surprised, even it's something small. And like you say, it takes a little bit of planning...so don't wait until the 14th and then freak.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

"VikingMike" wrote:
    I'll do what I do every year...take her to the store and together we'll read all of the Valentine's Day cards.
    ;D

Seriously, I'll take her to her favorite restaurant for Tofu Teriyaki. We're married 23 years, so we've done most of the gift things. And I work in ladies sleepwear, so I've brought home samples of PJ's and sexy stuff over the years.

She still likes to be surprised, even it's something small. And like you say, it takes a little bit of planning...so don't wait until the 14th and then freak.
    That is true, even if it is a small gift, if one puts some thought into it, it can be very meaningful.

I like the idea earlier about the poster with a ton of photos of the couple on it.
    That is personal.

Valentine's Day Gift Ideas
    By Chris Rovny
    Fashion Correspondent - Every Friday
    http://www.askmen.com/fashion/fashiontip/tip14.html

Finding the right Valentine's Day gift is probably the most difficult shopping experience in any man's life. It isn't like buying a birthday gift -- choosing a gift for this special occasion won't just show your affection toward her, but your degree of commitment as well.

The nature of the gift can reflect how much you care, or don't care, about her. The meaning of your gift also varies according to the seriousness and the type of relationship you're in. Here are a few basic gift ideas, depending on your particular relationship level.
    They go on to give comments on..... 1) Casual Date, 2) Occasional Romance and 3) Married Man.

Remember; these are only suggestions and none of these gifts represent the perfect choice. Each man knows what his woman enjoys, so my advice is to think about what she appreciates the most and use that as a guide.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast