Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Ghost's Hip-Hop CD Club

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Im not presuming you dont like or love Hip Hop, but I am assuming that I have further knowledge in it. I rap, passionitly.Since 3rd grade, I listened to rap. My first cd..Bone Thugs N harmoney, east 1999 eternal. I've been rapping all my life, its my life. Maybe you do too? and that would be cool....but if anyone here who plays music or makes music, and has a true passion for it somewhat see what im saying? Its like, this is my passion, I feel like I know everything about it. Its not being cocky, its just years and years of loving the music so much, that has brought me to this pride and respect for it. I love ALL kinds of music, rock,Jazz, Country etc. and Music is my life, maybe its yours, alot of people have the passion for it.

as far as why I think those guys suck is this...They have no soul, no feeling. The way tupac can move you on a track with a verse....that can change someones life....the heart and soul of notorious B.I.G., you could feel every word he said. These guys sound like 12 year old kids stole a mic and recorded some songs. I respect them for trying...but please...its not "hip hop"...and you cant say well what is hip hop....you ask anyone who truly knows it, they'll know what hip hop is.

Once again I'm not fighing, im explaining.

~J Franchise~ aka the best rapper alive.
    Sorry dude that bolded comment is absolute BS. You can't just say that "I know hip hop because I really like it/do it therefore I am the supreme authority on what it is". Not only that, but you can't even explain why you think it isn't hip hop other than "I just know". I almost don't believe you have actually listened to the CDs I named if you believe they have no soul. Yah a rapper talking about how his 4 friends and brother were executed in Mogadishu sounds really manufactured and generic. :roll:

You also just named two of the better rappers of all time, so I'm not going to argue with you there. All I said is that I think that k-os and K'Naan are better than most of American rappers (notice the 10% they are not better than). I mean rappers like Rakim, Nas, 2pac, Biggie, Mos Def, Kweli Common, Kanye West, Eminem etc. are all just as good if not better. However its the large amount of crap from people like Chingy, Nelly, Ja Rule, 50 Cent, all of G-Unit, Puff Daddy, Bow wow, Fabolous, Lil Jon, Lil Kim, Freeway, the Game, DMX, Mase, most of Jay-z, Mobb Deep, Fat Joe, Missy Elliot, Snoop Dogg (post death row), lil flip, Ying Yang Twinz
    etc.

Cajun I agree with you on 50. Dre carried his a$$ with dope beats on get rich or die trying, but the massacre was such a joke it was so bad.

Now I'm not saying these guys are supreme lyricists or anything, but they combine new styles and type of music with poetry much better than the majority of those out there.

It is quite possible you have listened to it longer than I have, I am still pretty young, but that doesn't mean I haven't heard both good and bad hip hop and don't have the ability to distinguish the difference.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Thier are so many rappers in this world (including myself) that can rap better then some of all time greats. You wouldnt know that, you've never been on stage rockin the mic. THier is so much talent out there, the stuff on the radio, garbage. I'm not knockin all type of rap like the stuff you mentioned...its just them. I'm not talking about manufactured rap, I'm talking about someone who lives the hip hop life vs someone who likes it and pays attention.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

I'm about half way through I Dare Ya and I gotta admit I'm impressed dude.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Omg I just read what you wrote....first off these rappers your listed are infact good and better then your "rappers"...Fabolous,Freeway, The Game, DMX...are you kidding me?Mobb deep, and Snoop Dogg? Are you kidding me....you look at all the mainstream hype, the direct effect MTV news breif....The Game would destroy any of those bubble gum rappers. Freeway has one of the most creative flows in history, DMX??? you kidding me....this guy dosnt go platinum becuz of chairty work...this is DMX , earl simmions....I'm just gonna stop right here, The hip hop game isnt what meets the eyes. Lables force garbage onto rappers cd's. Fabulous...listen to his lyrics, hes magnificant!! Like I said thiers a differnce between me and you, its like sports culumnist vs a athlete. They think they know what to do and what to say...but have little knowledge of what really goes on.

"I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.

Thier are so many rappers in this world (including myself) that can rap better then some of all time greats. You wouldnt know that, you've never been on stage rockin the mic. THier is so much talent out there, the stuff on the radio, garbage. I'm not knockin all type of rap like the stuff you mentioned...its just them. I'm not talking about manufactured rap, I'm talking about someone who lives the hip hop life vs someone who likes it and pays attention.
    Okay then, I would say there is more to good hip hop than simply spitting out lines. I've gone to many underground rap shows and I know that there are many talented rappers out there with crazy lyrical skills. I also know that most of them could not make a SONG to save their life. I would simply ask, if you believe yourself to be such a great rapper why have you not ascended to greatness? Even in a world full of manufactured hip hop, amazing talent always can come through.

Damn there is more to hip hop than rap battles and "destroying" other emcees.

"I'm about half way through I Dare Ya and I gotta admit I'm impressed dude."LuckyVike

haha thanks man!

just becuase your great, dosnt mean your gonna get famous. It takes alot of work...if it was so easy, all the greats like Nas, Tupac, biggie, would all be icons bye age 18,19..Its hard to get herd, especially being in the south...I gotta push that much more to get herd. Where as somewhere like New York, I could walk a block and end up in front of Def Jam. please understand, I dont think I'm better then you or anything like that, I'm just explaining myself....but ya...its hard man to get big...the chips gotta fall right at the right time...

Omg I just read what you wrote....first off these rappers your listed are infact good and better then your "rappers"...Fabolous,Freeway, The Game, DMX...are you kidding me?Mobb deep, and Snoop Dogg? Are you kidding me....you look at all the mainstream hype, the direct effect MTV news breif....The Game would destroy any of those bubble gum rappers. Freeway has one of the most creative flows in history, DMX??? you kidding me....this guy dosnt go platinum becuz of chairty work...this is DMX , earl simmions....I'm just gonna stop right here, The hip hop game isnt what meets the eyes. Lables force garbage onto rappers cd's. Fabulous...listen to his lyrics, hes magnificant!! Like I said thiers a differnce between me and you, its like sports culumnist vs a athlete. They think they know what to do and what to say...but have little knowledge of what really goes on.
    DMX sounds like a preschooler in his raps, all he does is barks, repeats himself and swear. Going platinum has little to do with talent or you would be saying artists like 50 Cent, Britney Spears and everyone who sold a million records is amazing at what they do. The Game is decent, but he is a total name dropper and has an extreme case of overusing metaphors. He seems to think he is a great rapper because he listened to some of the great albums and comes from compton. I actually love a lot of Snoops earlier stuff, but all the crap he has been doing lately with Pharell and Justin Timberlake has totally blown.

Like I said, you probably do appreciate lyricism in a rapper more than me (although I do a lot). I think a good rapper is someone who can actually rap about something original, tell a story, and combine that with goods beats/ music. To me good hip hop isn't all about raw skill but how you incorporate that with music and production. I just feel that k-os and K'Naan do that well.

just becuase your great, dosnt mean your gonna get famous. It takes alot of work...if it was so easy, all the greats like Nas, Tupac, biggie, would all be icons bye age 16...Its hard to get herd, especially being in the south...I gotta push that much more to get herd. Where as somewhere like New York, I could walk a block and end up in front of Def Jam. please understand, I dont think I'm better then you or anything like that, I'm just explaining myself....but ya...its hard man to get big...the chips gotta fall right at the right time...
    I know that it isn't that easy, all I was saying is that you put yourself up with some pretty big players. I am not sure if you are actually serious about what you do or if it is just a hobby, but why not move to somewhere like NY, where you can actually get more exposure.

Lol, w eobviously differ in our opinion but I would still recommend all you other hip hop lovers to pick up The Joyful Rebellion and The Dusty Foot Philosopher.

I'm send demos out more and more ...and yes its like a life to me, always has always been. But I think its dumb to argue over it anymore and just enjoy that we have the freedom to listen to whatever we want.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast