Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

Re: Ghost's Hip-Hop CD Club

Awesome sig Audio....I just saw them in concert again last week. They never have 9th Wonder with them though which is disappointing.

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"audioghost" wrote:
    "Burley81" wrote:
    I love Rap/Hip-Hop. Here are my personal favorites, tell me what you think...

The Top 5 best ever:

1. Nas

2. Rakim

3. Tupac

4. Common

5. Eazy-E

The Top 5 best Rap groups ever:

1. Public Enemy

2. NWA

3. Wu-Tang Clan

4. Run DMC

5. Bone Thugs and Harmony

Top 5 underground rappers that are coming up:

1. Immortal Technique

2. Talib Kweli

3. Mos Def

4. Mac Dre

5. Jedi Mind Tricks
    I couldn't make a top 5 list, there are a lot of quality lyracists and its hard to judge without forgetting one....

Nas, he's a great lyrisist, top 5 ever? I could see that...there are many underground artists that may be better....but lately Nas has been awesome and back in the day Nas was awesome....towards the middle of his career his stuff got a little too Pop, mainstrean hip hop style, but since Stillmatic he's been on point.....

Rakim-Legend, nuff said...

Tupac- I never really got into his stuff, he used to rap about 'Thug Life' but I remember seeing him as a backup dancer for Humpty Hump, so I never really gave him any street cred....always thought he was more of a poser than a poet, and his beats were always a little corny...much like Master P and No Limit (who copied tons of his concepts in music)....anyways, I realize a lot of people love him and think he's great but thats not me...however, thats just my opinion\

Common-Awesome lyracist, awesome...real music...love it...

Easy-E : Real gangsta, used to deal drugs, have no problem listening to his stuff, he was the original gangsta rapper and he is very underrated, almost forgotten, was miles better than Tupac in my opinion

Public Enemy- They were old school, they were a movement, best group ever? Not in my opinion but they made awesome music......

NWA-Awesome, classic stuff...innovative at that time, very innovative...

Bone Thugs - Awesome group, innovative at their time as well, still no one like them, they sucked on their own however....they only work as a group, need to come out with a new CD!

RunDMC - Legends, nuff' said

Wu-Tang - Hit or miss for me....decent lyracists, liked quite a few Rza beats but hated quite a few as well....wouldn't be in my top 5

Underground rappers - Wouldn't call Kweli or Mos Def underground, more of lesser known mainstream, too soulful for general rube public to understand but have a HUGE wordwide fan base

Immortal Technique - Underground at its finest....awesome music!

Mac Dre - West coast, decent

Jedi Mind Tricks - Decent as well....

Hieroglyphics, Def Jux, Duck Down, Rhymesayers and the Justus League are definetely some good underground labels...most artists on them make good music...check em' out.....

Awesome groups you didn't mention are Little Brother, The Roots, Gangstarr, Outkast....

Pretty decent list, I like most of them, would have a tough time boiling down all the rap I've heard into a Top 5 without forgetting someone......
    As regards Easy-E...I think that Ice Cube's rhymes were much better than Easy-E's...Easy-E had a distinctive voice (you either liked it or you didn't)...but Cube's words had more force to them. Of course, the combo of those two (coupled with Dre's beats and Yella on the tables) made NWA legendary (we won't even talk about MC Ren...LOL).

And NWA was definitely better than PE! IMHO... :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    I love Mac Dre.. Unfortunitly he probably won't be getting big.. He got shot and won't be making new stuff.. I love his music tho.. My friend was boys with Mac and would chill all the time.. The best Mac Dre song is "gotta survive" it was unreleased but it has to be a top 5 greatest rap song ever made.. No joke.. The beat is savage and everyone on the song throws down hardcore.. And it helps that Pac is on it too!!

Download "gotta survive" Mac Dre feat. pac

RIP Andre "Mac Dre" Hicks! Reppin da bay area... Get stupid.. Get crunk.. What it thizz?!
    What??? No campaiging for Ludacris from you, Vikez??? :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Just thought I'd put this out there... One of the best underground artists in the game, and the most slept on period! If you like real, soulful, and passionate Hip Hop, check it out. Some of you may already know, but for those that don't...

http://www.myspace.com/brotherali

I suggest listening to all four songs on the page, they're all great.
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h209/wordsofwisejcb/Vikings/K-DUB-Sig-2.jpg[/img]
    Da** Right I'm An A$$hole, You Pu$$ys Ain't Even Half As Tight!!! - Qwel

Eyedea is offline Pro-Bowler

"wordsofwisejcb" wrote:
    Just thought I'd put this out there... One of the best underground artists in the game, and the most slept on period! If you like real, soulful, and passionate Hip Hop, check it out. Some of you may already know, but for those that don't...

big fan of brother ali, I may see him in just over a month
    Make love to the present, fuck the past
    --Sage Francis

"Eyedea" wrote:
    "wordsofwisejcb" wrote:

big fan of brother ali, I may see him in just over a month
    I seen him in Fargo, ND back in february, he puts on great show. He took time to talk with fans afterwards as well. Real cool guy.
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h209/wordsofwisejcb/Vikings/K-DUB-Sig-2.jpg[/img]
    Da** Right I'm An A$$hole, You Pu$$ys Ain't Even Half As Tight!!! - Qwel

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

http://www.demigodz.com/

awesome

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415