Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Gettting this off my chest

I do not want to sound like a whine butt. But just how excited can I be when my favorite team in all of sports just might pick up and leave or something. I mean i really need to express this, and it sucks.
    I am talking about the damn stadium situation and all that, how am I suppose to feel. SO these last couple of drafts are hard for me...anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this emotional time

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Gettting this off my chest

"Nephilim" wrote:
    I do not want to sound like a whine butt. But just how excited can I be when my favorite team in all of sports just might pick up and leave or something. I mean i really need to express this, and it sucks.
    I am talking about the gol 'darnit stadium situation and all that, how am I suppose to feel. SO these last couple of drafts are hard for me...anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this emotional time
    I just piss and bone and hack on the local press for the issue.
    Kindof blame them because they, believe it or not, set the tone in the state.

If they were a bit more supportive of the Owner, the team and the coaching staff, I am sure the voting public would be to.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Write to the state and tell them how pissed you are that they don't give a shit about the fans. Tell them to force a tax like they did in Milwaukee.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Start petitioning your senator, and get a grass roots stadium web page, pound the streets, get signature's, be a burr in the local politians who didn't want to raise taxes for a stadium, but went ahead and raised taxes anyway.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Nephilim" wrote:
    I am talking about the gol 'darnit stadium situation and all that, how am I suppose to feel. SO these last couple of drafts are hard for me...anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this emotional time

If they were a bit more supportive of the Owner, the team and the coaching staff, I am sure the voting public would be to.
    LMFAO! You are showing your true hate for the local media. To bad IMO you are wrong. How can you sit there and say that when they just raised taxes? The state is to blame. They don't give a shit about the Vikings. The media does. What makes you think they don't support the staff?

Jilly is offline Coach

Have a drink ;D

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

I thought he was going to take his shirt off and show us
    We're bringing purple back.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Nephilim" wrote:

LMFAO! You are showing your true hate for the local media. To bad IMO you are wrong. How can you sit there and say that when they just raised taxes? The state is to blame. They don't give a pooh about the Vikings. The media does. What makes you think they don't support the staff?
    Don't get me wrong.
    I blame the elected officials a bit more than I do the press.
    Being a out of stater (now) I don't have much to say about that so I hack on someone who makes me feel better when I do.

Isn't that kindof what our friend was asking?

anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this emotional time
    Again, I hack on the sports hacks.
    Thats how I deal with it.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Nephilim" wrote:

LMFAO! You are showing your true hate for the local media. To bad IMO you are wrong. How can you sit there and say that when they just raised taxes? The state is to blame. They don't give a pooh about the Vikings. The media does. What makes you think they don't support the staff?
    Don't get me wrong.
    Being a out of stater (now) I don't have much to say about that so I hack on someone who makes me feel better when I do.

;D
    LOL in that case I blame Childress.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Nephilim" wrote:

Don't get me wrong.

;D
    And that does a world of good.

The blame needs to start with Red McCombs.
    He HAD a receptive legislature and a loving populace and screwed it all up with his hackneyed used-car-saleman BS.

And now the economy is in the shitter.
    It would be stupid for any state rep to stand up and say "Let's build the Vikings a billion-dollar stadium!" w/out any money from the NFL.
    And they don't have any now.

The Metrodome will be fine for the next few years.
    It does NOT have to happen this year and I do NOT believe that Wilf is thinking of moving the team.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast