Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    German Legend to Lead US Soccer

    It's about time they finalize it!!!

    http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/6227768?FSO1&ATT=HMA
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  2. #2
    mblack76's Avatar
    mblack76 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    412

    Re: German Legend to Lead US Soccer

    The best possible move the US could have made. I said so during the world cup when the rumours came out. Now sit back and watch US soccer develop for real.

  3. #3
    Mr-holland's Avatar
    Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,443

    Re: German Legend to Lead US Soccer

    yes, heared it on a soccer program here in holland.
    i think He will kick ass with team Usa, you guys hve alot of potential plus you guys have freddy adu! that kid has some skils
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

  4. #4
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,776
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: German Legend to Lead US Soccer

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    It's about time they finalize it!!!

    http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/6227768?FSO1&ATT=HMA
    Damn, for a moment I thought Tom Coughlin was taking up soccer as an alternative to trying to coach the Giants
    ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  5. #5
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: German Legend to Lead US Soccer

    Great news!
    Good to see an effort of the WC stage.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  6. #6
    mblack76's Avatar
    mblack76 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    412

    Re: German Legend to Lead US Soccer

    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    yes, heared it on a soccer program here in holland.
    i think He will kick jiggly butt with team Usa, you guys hve alot of potential plus you guys have freddy adu! that kid has some skils
    WAY over rated

  7. #7
    Mr-holland's Avatar
    Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,443

    Re: German Legend to Lead US Soccer

    "mblack76" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    yes, heared it on a soccer program here in holland.
    i think He will kick jiggly butt with team Usa, you guys hve alot of potential plus you guys have freddy adu! that kid has some skils
    WAY over rated
    BS, have you seen him playing? i really think he is a great player and he could play in the LFP or serie A easily ! i'm not to sure about the premier league though b
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

  8. #8
    mblack76's Avatar
    mblack76 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    412

    Re: German Legend to Lead US Soccer

    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "mblack76" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    yes, heared it on a soccer program here in holland.
    i think He will kick jiggly butt with team Usa, you guys hve alot of potential plus you guys have freddy adu! that kid has some skils
    WAY over rated
    BS, have you seen him playing? i really think he is a great player and he could play in the LFP or serie A easily ! i'm not to sure about the premier league though b
    I am African and lived soccer all my life
    I have seen players that are WAY better than he is EVEN in the US
    I coach soccer and have been doing so for over 9 years. He has talent no doubt but he is way over rated. He is no Rooney nor C. Ronaldo nor is he even close. He is not what he is made to be. What works for him is exposure.
    I have seen him play many a time than one and thats how I came to the above conclusion.
    By the way, at 5' 6" he would need great skill to distinguish himself (Saviola or Diego maradona come to mind) in modern day soccer except he continues to grow. Thats already a handicap for him

    On another note, per ESPN, it seems like the news of Klinsman being the next coach is not true. We will just have to wait and see. The move if made will go a long way to improve US soccer

  9. #9
    michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,876

    Re: German Legend to Lead US Soccer

    I knew it!!!

    I knew "california Kelinsman" could not stay out of U.S. Great move for us. We'll be in the final four next time around.

  10. #10
    vikingTurf's Avatar
    vikingTurf is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    134

    Re: German Legend to Lead US Soccer

    "mblack76" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "mblack76" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    yes, heared it on a soccer program here in holland.
    i think He will kick jiggly butt with team Usa, you guys hve alot of potential plus you guys have freddy adu! that kid has some skils
    WAY over rated
    BS, have you seen him playing? i really think he is a great player and he could play in the LFP or serie A easily ! i'm not to sure about the premier league though b
    I am African and lived soccer all my life
    I have seen players that are WAY better than he is EVEN in the US
    I coach soccer and have been doing so for over 9 years. He has talent no doubt but he is way over rated. He is no Rooney nor C. Ronaldo nor is he even close. He is not what he is made to be. What works for him is exposure.
    I have seen him play many a time than one and thats how I came to the above conclusion.
    By the way, at 5' 6" he would need great skill to distinguish himself (Saviola or Diego maradona come to mind) in modern day soccer except he continues to grow. Thats already a handicap for him

    On another note, per ESPN, it seems like the news of Klinsman being the next coach is not true. We will just have to wait and see. The move if made will go a long way to improve US soccer
    I have to agree, Adu is way overrated and good for him he pounced on the chance when he was so young, this is US after all and if you can sell yourself through the media then you are going to make the big bucks. about that height thing, one immediate that comes to my mind is Messi(he was barely over 4 feet when he was 14 in barcelona, they gave him supplements regularly to bring him to where he is now, which is not much anyways, but they knew his talent and they nurtured him since he was so young. ) Adu has talent but not so much that it deserves all this attention and hype and tag of 'savioor of US soccer".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. German puts out cigarette with fire extinguisher
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-19-2008, 01:44 PM
  2. 3/4 Norwegian 1/4 German....what are you?
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 02-11-2008, 12:26 PM
  3. Does anyone here speak German?
    By baumy300 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 10-21-2007, 10:41 PM
  4. German Speakers
    By vikes2456 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-10-2006, 10:22 PM
  5. WW II era German aircraft carrier found
    By shockzilla in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-27-2006, 04:09 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •