Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Georgetown beats Duke!!!

"MensaTice" wrote:
    Puke fans better enjoy this year and hope to cash in with this team because Roy is putting together some monster recruiting classes at UNC and will completely dominate k. The talent at UNC and in Lawrence will make puke an afterthought after this season.
    Come on......you don't really believe that do you. Sounds like you are regurgitating on something.

The fact that Coach K is coaching the Olympic Team, is a sexy recruiting tool in itself. As I stated in another thread, the fact that people keep trying to throw in our faces that our players don't do well in the NBA is a negative, that is just a testament to Coach K's skill as a coach. He does more with less than Roy could do with the most talent in the world.

Completely dominate K, kinda like we dominated UNC the last 5 years. There might be a period of time that this might happen, everything cycles.

Really, it is too close to really brag too much. But the era of "K" has been better than the era of the UNC coaches during "K's" tenure at Duke.

Carolina holds a 124-95 advantage in the competition that has been an annual even since 1920 — but Duke has won 15 of the last 18 games. Both teams are among the sport’s most accomplished, too. Duke has won three NCAA titles, including in 2001, and been in 12 Final Fours. North Carolina has won three national championships and appeared in 15 Final Fours.[/b]

Link to the rest of the article.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6814877/

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

I believe it wholeheartedly. McRoberts will most likely go pro after this season so its safe to say that they will lose their four best players and replace them with who, John Scheyer? The talent in the backcourts at KU and UNC next year will be far better than dooks and they will have more depth in the front court. Believe what you want about UNC but Roy is killing it in recruiting and their '06 class may be the best ever and at least the best since the Fab 5. I am not a UNC fan but I follow college basketball closely and people better watch out for UNC and KU. ratface is getting outrecruited by them. They are down this year because of youth but the talent lined up in the upcoming seasons is far greater.

[color=red]

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    "ltrey33" wrote:
    NO NO NO NO NO NO! DO NOT COMPARE DUKE FANS TO PACK FANS!

Anyway....Duke played a good game, but Georgetown played excellent. Paulus really gave the game away for the Dukies. He had a few big turnovers down the stretch, not to mention the one on the final play of the game where the Dukies could have tied. Hats off to Georgetown.

Besides, it's not like my Dukies can win them all right? This is good, now the pressure is off and they can go 37-1....all the way thru the national title game fools!
    37-1 ? Yea maybe, till they meet up with UCONN, then nighty night Duke....Lights Out.... :grin:
    I saw this Ned and I thought I would post it for you.

http://sports.excite.com/news/01212006/v9157.html

With the nation's top ranking up for grabs after losses by No. 1 Duke and No. 2 Florida earlier in the day, the Huskies (16-1 overall, 4-1 Big East) didn't play like a team deserving of the honor until it mattered most.
    I have a funny feeling that Duke will still be number one on Monday.
    Thanks Snow,

I read the same story last night, sounds like they played like champs when they had to, but thats NCAA B-Ball for ya, lots of games are up and down all thru-out...

Thats what makes it so fun to watch I believe....

GO UCONN

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

Snow you're my buddy but you know I am a G-Town fan right? I could not have been happier. It's the finest moment in my 14 depressing years as a Hoyas fan. do you know I got offered tickets to the game and turned it down to help a girlfriend move? I could not be more pissed at myself. *Gulp*

GO GEORGETOWN!!!!!!!
    :wav: :headbang: :hello1: :banana: :lift: :wav:

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"DCPologirl" wrote:
    Snow you're my buddy but you know I am a G-Town fan right? I could not have been happier. It's the finest moment in my 14 depressing years as a Hoyas fan. do you know I got offered tickets to the game and turned it down to help a girlfriend move? I could not be more pissed at myself. *Gulp*

GO GEORGETOWN!!!!!!!
    :wav: :headbang: :hello1: :banana: :lift: :wav:
    We(you and I) are still Solid!

I can take it and I won't hold it against you either. We kicked you guys around long enough and those young men from G-Town just weren't going to take again this year.

The comment in bold, reminds me of the ESPN commercial that goes something like this, "without sports, what would there be to hope(wish) for." I didn't get it verbatim, but I think ya'll can get my drift. The Vikes have been making me hope and wish for years.

That is too bad about not being able to use those tickets.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

haha duke you got owned. they will probley still win the championship
    We're bringing purple back.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    "ltrey33" wrote:

Anyway....Duke played a good game, but Georgetown played excellent. Paulus really gave the game away for the Dukies. He had a few big turnovers down the stretch, not to mention the one on the final play of the game where the Dukies could have tied. Hats off to Georgetown.

Besides, it's not like my Dukies can win them all right? This is good, now the pressure is off and they can go 37-1....all the way thru the national title game fools!
    37-1 ? Yea maybe, till they meet up with UCONN, then nighty night Duke....Lights Out.... :grin:

With the nation's top ranking up for grabs after losses by No. 1 Duke and No. 2 Florida earlier in the day, the Huskies (16-1 overall, 4-1 Big East) didn't play like a team deserving of the honor until it mattered most.
    But they still beat a RANKED team, while Dook lost to an UNRANKED one! :lol:

IF Dook is still #1 after losing, then it only proves that the polls are rigged!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    "ltrey33" wrote:

But they still beat a RANKED team, while Dook lost to an UNRANKED one! :lol:

IF Dook is still #1 after losing, then it only proves that the polls are rigged!
    That's true lol Go G-Town!

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

tarkenton10 is online now Star Spokesman

YEAHHH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Duck Fuke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

i hate duke go tarheels Ya BEOTCH

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast