Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Georgetown beats Duke!!!

YEAH!!!!!!

And all those Dookie fans crammed into the MCI Center had to slink away in the darkness...just like those Pack fans when the Vikes won the game on Edinger's last second FG!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Georgetown beats Duke!!!

"cajunvike" wrote:
    YEAH!!!!!!

And all those Dookie fans crammed into the MCI Center had to slink away in the darkness...just like those Pack fans when the Vikes won the game on Edinger's last second FG!!!
    Cajun, we (I) knew (thought) we would lose one. I wish it was to a ranked team, but we were down by like 14 in the last 5 minutes and almost won it. Just couldn't get a shot off. The freshman Paulos made 2 crucial mistakes in the last 3 possessions.

Now my boys know how it is to lose! They won't want to do it again.

Slink.....................come on!

The loss doesn't bother me, if we start losing games (plural) then I will start worrying. G-town shot 71 percent in the first half or some ungodly number like that. Duke didn't play their best game today and they got beat.

Man, it really says something for a program when people can derive such pleasure from a loss. It is a huge compliment, thanks Cajun.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    YEAH!!!!!!

Cajun, we (I) knew (thought) we would lose one. I wish it was to a ranked team, but we were down by like 14 in the last 5 minutes and almost won it. Just couldn't get a shot off. The freshman Paulos made 2 crucial mistakes in the last 3 possessions.

The loss doesn't bother me, if we start losing games (plural) then I will start worrying. G-town shot 71 percent in the first half or some ungodly number like that. Duke didn't play their best game today and they got beat.

Man, it really says something for a program when people can derive such pleasure from a loss. It is a huge compliment, thanks Cajun.
    Look at it however you want...it's still a loss!

All the Dookies at the office will be getting some serious ribbing from the Hoya alums next week...it will be funny to see! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

NO NO NO NO NO NO! DO NOT COMPARE DUKE FANS TO PACK FANS!

Anyway....Duke played a good game, but Georgetown played excellent. Paulus really gave the game away for the Dukies. He had a few big turnovers down the stretch, not to mention the one on the final play of the game where the Dukies could have tied. Hats off to Georgetown.

Besides, it's not like my Dukies can win them all right? This is good, now the pressure is off and they can go 37-1....all the way thru the national title game fools!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    YEAH!!!!!!

Exactly SIA. I love it when I get phone calls from all my friends busting my butt when my favorite team has ONE, count it- ONE loss.

The boy were down with

1:15 74-82

Down 8 points with 1 minute 15 seconds left and they had a chance to take it to overtime. Paulos missed a lay up, Dockery lost the ball while going to the basket (could have been a foul), and Paulos lost the ball so we couldn't get the game tying shot off which ended the game.

Too many mistakes by Duke and easy layups for G-town.

But, Pitt, Florida, also undefeated also lost today. Wisconsin lost to NDSU, it was a crazy day in college hoops.

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    YEAH!!!!!!

Look at it however you want...it's still a loss!

All the Dookies at the office will be getting some serious ribbing from the Hoya alums next week...it will be funny to see! :lol:
    Some of those Dukies might cry, my wife would, I am just glad you get some satisfaction out of this. Lawyers have a high suicide rate(I made that up), so I am glad you are feeling good today. Only problem is you will have to lock the windows on all floors other than the first to keep your abused Dukie partners from jettisoning themselves to the ground floor. I hope your Georgetown friends can live with that on their consciences. :lol:

Do paralegals have consciences? We know the answer to the other question :razz:

I told you how I rationalize it, I hope the other Dukies do as well.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"ltrey33" wrote:

Anyway....Duke played a good game, but Georgetown played excellent. Paulus really gave the game away for the Dukies. He had a few big turnovers down the stretch, not to mention the one on the final play of the game where the Dukies could have tied. Hats off to Georgetown.

Besides, it's not like my Dukies can win them all right? This is good, now the pressure is off and they can go 37-1....all the way thru the national title game fools!
    37-1 ? Yea maybe, till they meet up with UCONN, then nighty night Duke....Lights Out.... :grin:

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

"VikingNed" wrote:
    "ltrey33" wrote:

37-1 ? Yea maybe, till they meet up with UCONN, then nighty night Duke....Lights Out.... :grin:
    I saw this Ned and I thought I would post it for you.

http://sports.excite.com/news/01212006/v9157.html

With the nation's top ranking up for grabs after losses by No. 1 Duke and No. 2 Florida earlier in the day, the Huskies (16-1 overall, 4-1 Big East) didn't play like a team deserving of the honor until it mattered most.
    I have a funny feeling that Duke will still be number one on Monday.

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

Puke fans better enjoy this year and hope to cash in with this team because Roy is putting together some monster recruiting classes at UNC and will completely dominate k. The talent at UNC and in Lawrence will make puke an afterthought after this season.

[color=red]

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast