Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    boognish is offline Coordinator

Re: Generation of Wusses.

I could argue that anyone 21 and under suffers from this affliction.
    I am a dipshit!!!

YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman

"olson_10" wrote:
    my favorite is these crosswalk buttons that make all traffic stop for people to cross the road..this is absolutely Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd and is a huge waste of tax money..what the fu*k ever happened to teaching your kid to look both ways before crossing the street..my god people
    considering that most if not all of the cross walk lights are on busy streets that don't have any traffic lights to get pedestrians across the street, they're actually a good thing. without them you'd have to stand there for ever waiting for a traffic break so you can sprint across the street without getting hit by a car. they're just conveneint for pedestrians.

but yes, all this safety and pretection stuff is just negating the survival of the fitess. Dennis leary siad it best, "if a kid is stupid enough to run into a busy street, he deserves to die. It's called thinning the heard" if those moronic kids don't die when they're young they'll just die when they get older

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

Ah, yes. The new "soccer-mom" style of child-rearing. Way to go, parents! You've raised the next great generation of world-champion cup-stackers and welfare recipients! It's a good thing, too, because work and self-sufficiency are SO overrated.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

How can people be so ridiculous? Let your kid lose at a game, let your kid fall off his or her bike. They are kids, they learn from these things, and it is your job as parents to teach. What are they being taught if everyone gets a prize? That they don't need to work hard and try their best because they will still get what they want?

You raise children so that one day they can function on their own and be a part of society, not so they can look for handouts and special treatment.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

boognish is offline Coordinator

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Here's another good one:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/pto-20041112-000010.html
    You young guys who are jumping on this thread's bandwagon read the above article, right? It's talking about college age kids and younger; many of you fall into that category, ya know. Just pointing out that you might be calling yourselves wusses. :lol:
    I am a dipshit!!!

ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler

"olson_10" wrote:
    my favorite is these crosswalk buttons that make all traffic stop for people to cross the road..this is absolutely Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd and is a huge waste of tax money..what the fu*k ever happened to teaching your kid to look both ways before crossing the street..my god people
    thank you for sharing your misanthropic view. Road rage much, Olson 10? This comment is beyond indecent so I regress.

I imagine waiting for a pedestrian to cross the road is a huge inconvenience for you. God forbid you actually have to obey the laws protecting pedestrians' rights. I eagerly await your social-darwinist and Malthusian defense of your anti-social behavior. Please also be sure to note how you run bicyclists off the road for sport.

Pardon my rant, everyone else. Fortunately the GoW is a controlled experiment. The school of hard-knocks is inescapable. And then, Kid-coddling starts and ends with the parents.

Del Rio Guest

"olson_10" wrote:
    I imagine after so many people have lost their sons or daughters to getting hit at a cross walk this became a good idea.

Especially considering at a CROSSWALK the drivers need to be looking for people waiting to cross. That is what they are there for. They aren't there for you to sit at and wait 3 weeks until there is no traffic. They are so drivers realize OH this is a place designated for people to cross the street I better F****** pay attention.

In this case I think the buttons are for the drivers being idiots moreso then the kids.

thats pretty sad, my son will be in pre-school this year, its too bad kids cant learn for themselfs anymore. Whats next, one window licker per line on the hockey team?
    You republican whore!

That's sad. My MIL is like that.

I'm exercising my ass by doing flexing exercises while typing. Prophet 3:42pm March 16, 2007
    "If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms." Mike Ditka

Freya is offline Team Alumni

This too shall pass.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast