Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: GD gardening

  1. #1
    dfosterf's Avatar
    dfosterf is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    987

    GD gardening

    I've cut back...Way back, from about 8 years ago, retired from the Corps, not hangin' in the bars, etc. (chillin'...damn near friggin' calm)

    I garden now.

    Friggin' (what you call) woodchucks, (what we call) groundhogs think they can take MY SHIT.

    Nobody takes my shit. I am doing seeds right now, but remember my battles from last year. I wiped out the population, best as I can tell, with a .22

    You can click on the pics, including the itty-bitty-one.










    They will be back, this I know, they are like communists and Islamic fundamentalists, and they have deer to take the fall/blame for everything, along the lines of al-Qaeda, so I got deer trouble also...

    I'm going electrical this year. They are fucking with the wrong Marine/gardener.

    This is war, as best as what is in front of me in present circumstances, and I do not play.

    Tomato, pepper, et. al. + yours truly will win.

    I found insulators for my electrical concertina wire @ under 6. per 25, 1/2 MILE of wire for 6 bucks, plus a high voltage, high amperage (non GFCI) actuator for 33 bucks!

    They absolutely, definitely fucked with the wrong (former novice) gardener last year, I'm just sayin'...

    Nobody crosses my personal lines, I'm just sayin'...You should see how bold these little fat fucks are around my shit...Sorry, had to share, and just want to let everyone know that gardening CAN be fun!

    :P

  2. #2
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: GD gardening

    Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1091974
    I've cut back...Way back, from about 8 years ago, retired from the Corps, not hangin' in the bars, etc. (chillin'...damn near friggin' calm)

    I garden now.

    Friggin' (what you call) woodchucks, (what we call) groundhogs think they can take MY SHIT.

    Nobody takes my shit. I am doing seeds right now, but remember my battles from last year. I wiped out the population, best as I can tell, with a .22

    They will be back, this I know, they are like communists and Islamic fundamentalists, and they have deer to take the fall/blame for everything, along the lines of al-Qaeda, so I got deer trouble also...

    I'm going electrical this year. They are fucking with the wrong Marine/gardener.

    This is war, as best as what is in front of me in present circumstances, and I do not play.

    Tomato, pepper, et. al. + yours truly will win.

    I found insulators for my electrical concertina wire @ under 6. per 25, 1/2 MILE of wire for 6 bucks, plus a high voltage, high amperage (non GFCI) actuator for 33 bucks!

    They absolutely, definitely fucked with the wrong (former novice) gardener last year, I'm just sayin'...

    Nobody crosses my personal lines, I'm just sayin'...You should see how bold these little fat fucks are around my shit...Sorry, had to share, and just want to let everyone know that gardening CAN be fun!

    :P
    You are a jarhead. Get a n
    bigger gun.

  3. #3
    dfosterf's Avatar
    dfosterf is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    987

    Re: GD gardening

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1091976
    Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1091974
    I've cut back...Way back, from about 8 years ago, retired from the Corps, not hangin' in the bars, etc. (chillin'...damn near friggin' calm)

    I garden now.

    Friggin' (what you call) woodchucks, (what we call) groundhogs think they can take MY SHIT.

    Nobody takes my shit. I am doing seeds right now, but remember my battles from last year. I wiped out the population, best as I can tell, with a .22

    They will be back, this I know, they are like communists and Islamic fundamentalists, and they have deer to take the fall/blame for everything, along the lines of al-Qaeda, so I got deer trouble also...

    I'm going electrical this year. They are fucking with the wrong Marine/gardener.

    This is war, as best as what is in front of me in present circumstances, and I do not play.

    Tomato, pepper, et. al. + yours truly will win.

    I found insulators for my electrical concertina wire @ under 6. per 25, 1/2 MILE of wire for 6 bucks, plus a high voltage, high amperage (non GFCI) actuator for 33 bucks!

    They absolutely, definitely fucked with the wrong (former novice) gardener last year, I'm just sayin'...

    Nobody crosses my personal lines, I'm just sayin'...You should see how bold these little fat fucks are around my shit...Sorry, had to share, and just want to let everyone know that gardening CAN be fun!

    :P
    You are a jarhead. Get a n
    bigger gun.
    No sir! I abhor the use of weapons! I'm what you would (should) call a nouveau pacifistic puke.

    I'm practically a friggin' [strike]democrat[/strike] objective person [strike]liberal [/strike]for cripes sakes!

    Have a nice day! :laugh:

    See? :P

  4. #4
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: GD gardening

    Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1091977
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1091976
    Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1091974
    I've cut back...Way back, from about 8 years ago, retired from the Corps, not hangin' in the bars, etc. (chillin'...damn near friggin' calm)

    I garden now.

    Friggin' (what you call) woodchucks, (what we call) groundhogs think they can take MY SHIT.

    Nobody takes my shit. I am doing seeds right now, but remember my battles from last year. I wiped out the population, best as I can tell, with a .22

    They will be back, this I know, they are like communists and Islamic fundamentalists, and they have deer to take the fall/blame for everything, along the lines of al-Qaeda, so I got deer trouble also...

    I'm going electrical this year. They are fucking with the wrong Marine/gardener.

    This is war, as best as what is in front of me in present circumstances, and I do not play.

    Tomato, pepper, et. al. + yours truly will win.

    I found insulators for my electrical concertina wire @ under 6. per 25, 1/2 MILE of wire for 6 bucks, plus a high voltage, high amperage (non GFCI) actuator for 33 bucks!

    They absolutely, definitely fucked with the wrong (former novice) gardener last year, I'm just sayin'...

    Nobody crosses my personal lines, I'm just sayin'...You should see how bold these little fat fucks are around my shit...Sorry, had to share, and just want to let everyone know that gardening CAN be fun!

    :P
    You are a jarhead. Get a n
    bigger gun.
    No sir! I abhor the use of weapons! I'm what you would (should) call a nouveau pacifistic puke.

    I'm practically a friggin' [strike]democrat[/strike] objective person [strike]liberal [/strike]for cripes sakes!

    Have a nice day! :laugh:

    See? :P
    Did you bump your head or something?

    Ex special Forces Vietnam. Gardener for decades now.
    Same thing every year.
    Constant war with weeds. Weeding at least every 2-3 days through the middle of June. Take a vacation in that time frame and you could lose the war. Mulching is your friend.
    Bean leaf beetles. Colorado potato beetles.Rabbits. Deer. And Racoons when the sweet corn ripens.
    And last year the moles or voles moved in from the neighbors field to my garden and just about destroyed my yard.

    Gardening is a little like all the recent wars he US have fought. It's a war you can't win.

    But mother nature takes her part and I take my part, and there is not much better than that early spring asperagus,fresh sweet corn, or those first BLT's.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  5. #5
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,216

    Re: GD gardening

    The wrath of Spackler

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv87T1CQF8E

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #6
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,576

    Re: GD gardening

    Get a snake.
    We're bringing purple back.

  7. #7
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: GD gardening

    You crack me up my friend.

    I also have turned to gardening. This year we will put in 3 grape vines to go along with the hanging buckets with our tomatoes, onions, carrots, cabbage, peas, cucumbers as well as several spices (dill).

    My nemisis are blackbirds and crows. I have a little "Bird blind" setup in my shed were I sit for about 1 hour or so after my evening workout (cool down period) were I sit with my trusty pellet gun [img size=GamoRocket]http://www.gamo-airguns.com/images/Rocket.jpg[/img] and thin the "Herd".

    Squirrels give me fits as well, however, Wildwoman has most of them named so they are off limits if they happen to get into the cross hairs.....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #8
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: GD gardening

    I have a Remington Model 7 chambered in .17 Rem Fireball for that sort of thing and it is a heck of a lot of fun. Of course I am not an old fart like you so I am not into gardening yet so it is purely for recreation.

  9. #9
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: GD gardening

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1092034
    I have a Remington Model 7 chambered in .17 Rem Fireball for that sort of thing and it is a heck of a lot of fun. Of course I am not an old fart like you so I am not into gardening yet so it is purely for recreation.
    I have a Savage 270 that I have used for ground hogs. Have a 22 Mag that I use for other things. Love shoting those .17's but haven't bought one yet.

    My problem is, I live inside the city limits were discharging a weapon will get you in trouble. Only way I get away with my pellet gun is all my neighbors do it so none of us are going to tell on each other.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #10
    dfosterf's Avatar
    dfosterf is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    987

    Re: GD gardening

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1092034
    I have a Remington Model 7 chambered in .17 Rem Fireball for that sort of thing and it is a heck of a lot of fun. Of course I am not an old fart like you so I am not into gardening yet so it is purely for recreation.
    .17 Rem fireball would be sweet. The first pic I posted was "grandpa". That bastard lived under my shed, even after I had fenced it in. My garden is around the perimeter of the shed, so he had "re-dug" his way INSIDE of my garden.

    As you can see from the photo, he made the mistake of venturing outside the perimeter once too often. I took an old .22 single shot that would shoot shorts as well as longs and long rifles, and put a very good optic on it. The scope is worth about 5 times what the rifle is.

    The shorts have little report, but lack knock-down power even with head shots. I have to go shorts because of the quiet "report". I'd bet a .17 is reasonably quiet... (?)

    I told everyone I was gonna get his ass (Puker forum)...hence this pic from last year.


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Gardening
    By x-ray jeff in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-06-2007, 09:16 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •