View Poll Results: Should same-sex marriage be legal?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 87.50%
  • No

2 12.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gay Marriage

Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    I think it was as politically correct an answer he could come up with. You have to remember, he grew up in Palestine Texas, from a Christian background, which preaches that being gay is immoral and wrong, and is especially believed in the southern states like Texas, Alabama, Mississippi, etc.

My assumption, is Peterson is against being gay, but he doesn't care that others are gay, or that they support gay marriage. This is because, he's not gay, and can't understand it, just like everyone else here who's not gay. I could care less what people do in their own time, as long as they're not dancing in leotards against me, showing their flamboyancy all over with rainbows of glitter while I"m walking down the street, I could give less than a shit. THere's a time and a place for that in the pride parades and other specific events, which I don't really care about. If you attend that, you know what you're getting into. I'd equate that to visiting a stripper and being disgusted if a stripper shoves her tits in your face. You're there, you have to know what's going to happen.

He's playing it off as best he can as being open and accomodating to anyone. I don't think he's judgmental, nor would he protest gay marriage, and I"m sure he'd vote in favor of allowing it, but I can tell a little bit that he's been brought up to think being gay is wrong. I'm willing to bet he was one of the millions and millions of kids in North America who refer to stupid things as "that's f'n gay", or call other kids gay just to tease them, even though they aren't. It is what it is.
    Of course, to be fair.. My assessment of what AP said is probably biased because it's how I feel as well. Like he said, it is what it is. Harping one's opposition to another's sexual lifestyle isn't going to change any minds, so just love them.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I have no problem with whatever lifestyle someone has. I don't think they should just open it up to homosexuality but also polygamy. No reason you shouldn't be able to have more than one spouse and if you want a spouse of each sex who should be able to say no. Also, if you have other common interests other than sex, like for instance two guys who love football or women who love cooking, travel etc they should be able to enjoy the same benefits any couple has. I would however limit my libertarianism to keeping it in the species and at a certain age limit.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Gays should have the right to be miserable as the rest of us married people!
    I'm not real interested about what a football player thinks regarding anything unrelated to the game.
    That's why I support gay marriage - they deserve a chance to be as miserable and betrayed by a lying alcoholic cheater as I was.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    That's why I support gay marriage - they deserve a chance to be as miserable and betrayed by a lying alcoholic cheater as I was.
    Yeah, that too.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame
    I support gay marriage and Purple Floyd´s hubby does it too.
    El underdog.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

=Z=

El underdog.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by El Vikingo View Post

=Z=
    Hahaha... great response.
    Last edited by C Mac D; 09-20-2013 at 12:19 PM.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I have no problem with whatever lifestyle someone has. I don't think they should just open it up to homosexuality but also polygamy.
    I agree, as long as everyone in the marriage agrees to add another spouse.

The problem with polygamy in the United States is that many young women are forced into it, and it is a form of bondage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12