View Poll Results: Should same-sex marriage be legal?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    14 87.50%
  • No

    2 12.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Gay Marriage

  1. #1
    HEY's Avatar
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,201
    Blog Entries
    1

    Gay Marriage

    As ironic as it is that I'm introducing this issue considering I really couldn't care less. I thought I should post this as it would likely be posted at some time anyways.

    Taken from a recent radio interview of Adrian Peterson.

    Adrian Peterson on gay marriage:
    To each his own. Iím not with it. But I have relatives that are gay. Iím not biased towards them. I still treat them the same. I love 'em. But again, Iím not with that. Thatís not something I believe in. But to each his own.
    What exactly is the meaning behind "not something I believe in" is up to each own I guess. At least I'm glad that Adrian is a forthright person despite being a seemingly strong Christian in faith.

    Other stuff from the interview

    Adrian Peterson on the departure of Chris Cluwe:
    It hurt me to see him leave. He was a good friend of mine and a really cool guy, man. Probably one of the smartest guys I've ever been around, man. ... Different.
    Peterson when asked if he'll tell Toby Gerhart to just stay home this season:
    Ha ha not at all, man. Toby is my guy, man. Toby is my guy! He's a smart guy... He helps that running back room a lot, and does a lot with the special teams as well. He's just a great teammate.
    Good to hear that we have good teammates on the team.

    Adrian Peterson when asked what Christian Ponder can improve on:
    I don't feel right to sit here and point out (Ponder's) flaws when there are things I need to improve on, as well.
    I love this guy's approach to the game!

  2. #2
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692
    It is obscene, disgusting, morally reprehensible and wrong on many levels...

    that this is even a debate in what's considered to be a developed country in the west.


    I don't know how long this thread will last.

  3. #3
    HEY's Avatar
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,201
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    It is obscene, disgusting, morally reprehensible and wrong on many levels...
    Everyone is entitled to feel disgusted and so forth. The thought of homosexuality makes me uncomfortable as well, so that part I get. But what makes it morally wrong? In my eyes, something can't be morally bad as long as it doesn't affect anyone in a negative way. What difference does it make for you or me that two men or two women get married?

    A developed country is often represented with human rights in the center of it's fundamentals. And equal rights for all humans are the foundation of those rights.

  4. #4
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    Everyone is entitled to feel disgusted and so forth. The thought of homosexuality makes me uncomfortable as well, so that part I get. But what makes it morally wrong? In my eyes, something can't be morally bad as long as it doesn't affect anyone in a negative way. What difference does it make for you or me that two men or two women get married?

    A developed country is often represented with human rights in the center of it's fundamentals. And equal rights for all humans are the foundation of those rights.
    I'm saying that it's disgusting that this is even a debate in this country. There is absolutely no question that gay marriage should be legal. There is literally not a single good argument against it. I believe in absolute human rights for all people, and was trying to make a joke with the disgusting, morally reprehensible etc.
    Last edited by Mr Anderson; 05-25-2013 at 09:14 PM.

  5. #5
    HEY's Avatar
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,201
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    I'm saying that it's disgusting that this is even a debate in this country. There is absolutely no questions that gay marriage should be legal. There is literally not a single good argument against it. I believe in absolute human rights for all people, and was trying to make a joke with the disgusting, morally reprehensible etc.
    Wow, that shows you how different things can be interpreted haha. I completely agree with you.

  6. #6
    Minniman's Avatar
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,408
    The Bill of Rights was created to protect the minority from the majority and the government. The equal protection clause (14th Amendment) should have set this matter to bed long ago.

    Read Adrian Peterson's comments again, but replace "gay" with "black". People still talk that way down south. Heck, people still talk that way down the road.

  7. #7
    Formo's Avatar
    Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,664
    How I interpreted AP's stance:

    I disagree with and do not understand homosexuality and gay marriage. But I do not wish to legislate against it. And I do not wish to force my beliefs on homosexuality/gay marriage upon others.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

  8. #8
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Formo View Post
    How I interpreted AP's stance:

    I disagree with and do not understand homosexuality and gay marriage. But I do not wish to legislate against it. And I do not wish to force my beliefs on homosexuality/gay marriage upon others.
    I think it was as politically correct an answer he could come up with. You have to remember, he grew up in Palestine Texas, from a Christian background, which preaches that being gay is immoral and wrong, and is especially believed in the southern states like Texas, Alabama, Mississippi, etc.

    My assumption, is Peterson is against being gay, but he doesn't care that others are gay, or that they support gay marriage. This is because, he's not gay, and can't understand it, just like everyone else here who's not gay. I could care less what people do in their own time, as long as they're not dancing in leotards against me, showing their flamboyancy all over with rainbows of glitter while I"m walking down the street, I could give less than a shit. THere's a time and a place for that in the pride parades and other specific events, which I don't really care about. If you attend that, you know what you're getting into. I'd equate that to visiting a stripper and being disgusted if a stripper shoves her tits in your face. You're there, you have to know what's going to happen.

    He's playing it off as best he can as being open and accomodating to anyone. I don't think he's judgmental, nor would he protest gay marriage, and I"m sure he'd vote in favor of allowing it, but I can tell a little bit that he's been brought up to think being gay is wrong. I'm willing to bet he was one of the millions and millions of kids in North America who refer to stupid things as "that's f'n gay", or call other kids gay just to tease them, even though they aren't. It is what it is.

  9. #9
    HEY's Avatar
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,201
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    I think it was as politically correct an answer he could come up with. You have to remember, he grew up in Palestine Texas, from a Christian background, which preaches that being gay is immoral and wrong, and is especially believed in the southern states like Texas, Alabama, Mississippi, etc.

    My assumption, is Peterson is against being gay, but he doesn't care that others are gay, or that they support gay marriage. This is because, he's not gay, and can't understand it, just like everyone else here who's not gay. I could care less what people do in their own time, as long as they're not dancing in leotards against me, showing their flamboyancy all over with rainbows of glitter while I"m walking down the street, I could give less than a shit. THere's a time and a place for that in the pride parades and other specific events, which I don't really care about. If you attend that, you know what you're getting into. I'd equate that to visiting a stripper and being disgusted if a stripper shoves her tits in your face. You're there, you have to know what's going to happen.

    He's playing it off as best he can as being open and accomodating to anyone. I don't think he's judgmental, nor would he protest gay marriage, and I"m sure he'd vote in favor of allowing it, but I can tell a little bit that he's been brought up to think being gay is wrong. I'm willing to bet he was one of the millions and millions of kids in North America who refer to stupid things as "that's f'n gay", or call other kids gay just to tease them, even though they aren't. It is what it is.
    Thumbs up!

  10. #10
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    881
    Gays should have the right to be miserable as the rest of us married people!
    I'm not real interested about what a football player thinks regarding anything unrelated to the game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •