Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gangs

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Gangs

"duvaldomo" wrote:
    Time out man, I didnt even know all this was going on. First of all gangs are not alike. Im not even going get into alot of details because when some people hear 'gang' the first thing they think of is killing. Its a very long story about what I want to say right now but I have school in 5mins so I just want to tell you people my gang is on our 50/50 right now, and may stay that way. That means we dont go out and fight people just to do it. However if they come up on us its a different story. More to it but wont get into it. Im a real cool dude to know , but I guess I cant even show some of you that. Before I told this site I was in a gang everyone may of thought I was a cool lay back kind of guy, which I am. Why do you assume everyone that is in a gang is the same? Thats like saying every black person is a racist just because a town of black people are racist, or vice versa. But whatever man think what yall want, I didnt do nothing wrong on this site but yet I get ripped when no one knows half of my life and what happened.
    I bet & think that you are. So my question is then, why the need for a gang? You can be all those things without one.

Individuality is what makes a person who they are.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"litlharsh" wrote:
    It's the offseason, and since most of you have shitty opinions anyway I thought I'd start this thread up. Background: In the Member Pics III thread user "duvaldomo" posted saying he was a member of the Crip gang. This post was made, which piqued my interest:

A pansyass that joins a gang should be defended?
    Someone that is in a gang that is known to deal drugs, kill people, rob people, etc. should be honored.
    I will rip on the pansy ass all I want and have no problem doing it.
    Hey, I'm a tough guy, I'll go kill innocent people because I'm too much of a pansy to deal with life on my own.
    I would say it to his face in a second.
    He'll be with his 'gang' though because he's so tough that he can't deal with issues dealt to him on his own.

Go ahead, defend someone that is in a gang.
    Have fun with it.
    If he hasn't done anything yet it's only a matter of time before he does if he's in a gang.
    I know about those gangs and know plenty of sad stories associated with them.
    Not an ounce of respect is deserved.
    Fucking pussy.
    100%.
    Naturally, the entire basis of the post is bunk because of the immature assumptions made by its author, but I realize there are probably a great many of you out there that agree with the post. Let's try and have a reasonable discussion free from baseless assumptions about the validity, necessity, and inherent morality of gangs.

But before we start, I'd like to make one thing clear: There is to be NO reference to ANY posters named in this original post. Assess the content, but do NOT question any of the posters' credibility or character outside the context of this debate. This isn't a topic about duvaldomo and his masculinity, so any rips or infantile rips on him will be reported immediately. This is a thread about gangs, not one gang member.

That said, let's begin.

The Crips were originally begun to afford its members something even the police could not: safety in their native Los Angeles. From these beginnings has spawned a massive organization with roughly 30,000 members, however gone are the tightly knit beginnings, and the Crips are now "a loosely connected network of individual sets, often engaged in open warfare with one another."

So the questions are: Are gangs a good thing now? Were they a good thing at their inception? How deeply has their progression influenced America?

ight then kick it but keep it civilized
    You are truly ignorant.
    Immature assumptions made by the author?
    Bunk?
    Put my name with the quote because I wrote it and I stand behind what I write.
    If you have no immediate experience with gangs and their doings it isn't very difficult to find out what they stand for and what they do.
    Even if you have done nothing and consider yourself to be some sort of do-gooder and you are affiliated with one of these gangs you are only kidding yourself.

When I was working in El Salvador my friend's wife and daughter were killed in a cross-fire from this very gang at the city market.
    Some illegal immigrants from LA were deported back to San Salvador and formed the gang there.
    They kill all the time.
    That is very real.

Well, the gang is different where I live.
    I don't give a crap what your fantasy is about how gangs are, they are punk ass losers and deserve no respect.
    What about the KKK?
    They do community projects, there are people in that 'gang' that have never hurt anyone?

There are plenty of groups that actually do something for society, gangs are not one of them.
    Live in your fantasy world and defend them.
    Good luck with that.
    I've lived and worked in plenty of places and seen first-hand what gangs do.
    I'm not some punkass kid living in the burbs trying to be tough.
    Bunch of pansy ass whiners that are tough in mass.
    I find it sad when someone resorts to being a member of a gang that has an 'illustrious' history of cime that is weakly justified by arguments such as yours.
    Pathetic.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:
    "litlharsh" wrote:
    It's the offseason, and since most of you have poohie opinions anyway I thought I'd start this thread up. Background: In the Member Pics III thread user "duvaldomo" posted saying he was a member of the Crip gang. This post was made, which piqued my interest:

Someone that is in a gang that is known to deal drugs, kill people, rob people, etc. should be honored.
    I will rip on the pansy jiggly butt all I want and have no problem doing it.
    Hey, I'm a tough guy, I'll go kill innocent people because I'm too much of a pansy to deal with life on my own.
    He'll be with his 'gang' though because he's so tough that he can't deal with issues dealt to him on his own.

Have fun with it.
    If he hasn't done anything yet it's only a matter of time before he does if he's in a gang.
    fricken "meow".
    100%.
    Naturally, the entire basis of the post is bunk because of the immature assumptions made by its author, but I realize there are probably a great many of you out there that agree with the post. Let's try and have a reasonable discussion free from baseless assumptions about the validity, necessity, and inherent morality of gangs.

But before we start, I'd like to make one thing clear: There is to be NO reference to ANY posters named in this original post. Assess the content, but do NOT question any of the posters' credibility or character outside the context of this debate. This isn't a topic about duvaldomo and his masculinity, so any rips or infantile rips on him will be reported immediately. This is a thread about gangs, not one gang member.

That said, let's begin.

The Crips were originally begun to afford its members something even the police could not: safety in their native Los Angeles. From these beginnings has spawned a massive organization with roughly 30,000 members, however gone are the tightly knit beginnings, and the Crips are now "a loosely connected network of individual sets, often engaged in open warfare with one another."

So the questions are: Are gangs a good thing now? Were they a good thing at their inception? How deeply has their progression influenced America?

You are truly ignorant.
    Bunk?
    If you have no immediate experience with gangs and their doings it isn't very difficult to find out what they stand for and what they do.
    Even if you have done nothing and consider yourself to be some sort of do-gooder and you are affiliated with one of these gangs you are only kidding yourself.

When I was working in El Salvador my friend's wife and daughter were killed in a cross-fire from this very gang at the city market.
    Some illegal immigrants from LA were deported back to San Salvador and formed the gang there.
    They kill all the time.
    That is very real.

I don't give a crap what your fantasy is about how gangs are, they are punk jiggly butt losers and deserve no respect.
    What about the KKK?
    They do community projects, there are people in that 'gang' that have never hurt anyone?

There are plenty of groups that actually do something for society, gangs are not one of them.
    Good luck with that.
    Bunch of pansy jiggly butt whiners that are tough in mass.
    I find it sad when someone resorts to being a member of a gang that has an 'illustrious' history of cime that is weakly justified by arguments such as yours.
    Pathetic.
    Excellent post Phrophet.
    I admire your passion and you cut through all the BS to the very crux of the matter.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

If gangs are anything, they are this: organized crime. This is true by definition.

If all you do is go out and help your local community without committing crimes, you are not in a gang. You are in a charitable organization or volunteer group. However, if you do these things AND commit crimes, you are in a gang, or an organized criminal organization. In other words, you are a criminal.

Organized crime is one of the largest problems facing the modern world, behind the likes of nuclear proliferation,
    terrorism, poverty (which is arguably related to gangs forming), and failed states, to name a few. If you don't believe this is true, perhaps you should go spend some time trying to squeak out a living in Moscow, New Delhi, Sao Paolo, or Mogadishu. Bribes, extortion, arms sales, murder: these activities are par for the course. It doesn't matter whether you call these people "gangstas," "mafiosos," or "warlords;" they essentially all function in the same way (and typically arise out of similar conditions). What they do is break down the social constructs of law and order. They also deteriorate fair trading practices and free markets, and even (in some extreme cases) the sovereignty of nation-states.

I don't know about you, but this is not the world I want to live in. There are plenty of community organizations that one can join if you want to be part of a group and better the conditions around you. I suppose they don't carry with them the power that being in a gang does, but in the long run they will make for a much better future for the individual, community, and world.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Interesting show about gangs on the History Channel yesterday. Whoever said gang members were out doing charitable work... hahaha, maybe former gang members, but you won't find a blood or crip helping a 90-year-old woman crossing the streets.

lilharsh, a little bit more accurate history of gangs for ya, instead of your ignorant and vague history.... The Crips were originally started in the 70's by a man named Raymond Washington, and he originally called the gang "Baby Avenues".... The name Crips was first introduced in the Los Angeles Sentinel newspaper in a description by crime victims of young men with canes, as if they were crippled.

The bloods were started as a backlash to the violence of the crips, but are no less guilty of criminal activity themselves. They are outnumbered 2-1 by crips in LA and are seen as the "Tru" gang.

Anyways, gangs are dumb. People in gangs are dumb. This thread is a pretty dumb idea because it's only gonna get people fired up.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"C" wrote:
    Whoever said gang members were out doing charitable work... hahaha, maybe former gang members, but you won't find a blood or crip helping a 90-year-old woman crossing the streets.
    I don't think it was actually said, but lilharsh's question as to whether gangs are "good" and provided their members "safety" made me anticipate the good works argument, which perhaps isn't entirely relevant. I think I just jumped here because this is a common argument in favor of organized crime more broadly (and it is, of course, bullshit). The gist of it is that the authorities or community turn a blind eye to say, gangs dealing drugs, because the gang used some of the money to keep the community rec center open.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I think the thought of standing up for gang life is assinine.
    I think the author of this thread was very mis-leading in his description on gang history.

The primary reason kids join gangs today is for the sense of respect and acceptance, and "protection"...which are much easier achieved by joining a gang of criminals than earning it through a justified means in life.

I'm also sick of hearing people saying "bloodz fo lyfe"
    "I'm a straight up killa"
    "I'm criminal y'all" etc. etc. etc. while playing onine video games.
    If you want to be in a gang fine, but I don't want to hear you flaunting it and neither do the parents of the 10 year olds playing.
    Chances are, if you have to flaunt the fact you're in a gang you probably are a weak minded, lazy person with no self drive, self worth or motivation to suceed - only using your gang status as a piece of intimidation.
    A "tough" gang member wouldn't feel the need to brag about it to pure strangers.

And NO, I am not ripping on duvaldomo - he did not come on here bragging about being in a gang.
    He said it matter of factly in response to a question about the color of the hats.
    He also seems like a pretty cool guy so I have nothing against him as a person or poster on this site.

litlharsh is offline Coordinator

"Prophet" wrote:
    "litlharsh" wrote:
    It's the offseason, and since most of you have shitty opinions anyway I thought I'd start this thread up. Background: In the Member Pics III thread user "duvaldomo" posted saying he was a member of the Crip gang. This post was made, which piqued my interest:

I will rip on the pansy ass all I want and have no problem doing it.

Have fun with it.
    Fucking pussy.
    100%.

That said, let's begin.

You are truly ignorant.
    Bunk?

They kill all the time.
    That is very real.

I don't give a crap what your fantasy is about how gangs are, they are punk ass losers and deserve no respect.
    What about the KKK?

Good luck with that.
    Bunch of pansy ass whiners that are tough in mass.
    Pathetic.
    haha ok big man show me where I defended gangs

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"duvaldomo" wrote:
    Time out man, I didnt even know all this was going on. First of all gangs are not alike. Im not even going get into alot of details because when some people hear 'gang' the first thing they think of is killing. Its a very long story about what I want to say right now but I have school in 5mins so I just want to tell you people my gang is on our 50/50 right now, and may stay that way. That means we dont go out and fight people just to do it. However if they come up on us its a different story. More to it but wont get into it. Im a real cool dude to know , but I guess I cant even show some of you that. Before I told this site I was in a gang everyone may of thought I was a cool lay back kind of guy, which I am. Why do you assume everyone that is in a gang is the same? Thats like saying every black person is a racist just because a town of black people are racist, or vice versa. But whatever man think what yall want, I didnt do nothing wrong on this site but yet I get ripped when no one knows half of my life and what happened.
    In the end, you gotta look out for yourself...no matter how many "friends" you think you have in your "gang"...whether it be the Crips or PP.O.
    The main difference though is that PP.O most likely will never put you in the line of fire on the streets.
    Not criticizing, just looking out for a fellow PP.O member.
    Stay safe, duvaldomo.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast