Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gangs

litlharsh is offline Coordinator

Gangs

It's the offseason, and since most of you have shitty opinions anyway I thought I'd start this thread up. Background: In the Member Pics III thread user "duvaldomo" posted saying he was a member of the Crip gang. This post was made, which piqued my interest:

A pansyass that joins a gang should be defended?
    Someone that is in a gang that is known to deal drugs, kill people, rob people, etc. should be honored.
    I will rip on the pansy ass all I want and have no problem doing it.
    Hey, I'm a tough guy, I'll go kill innocent people because I'm too much of a pansy to deal with life on my own.
    I would say it to his face in a second.
    He'll be with his 'gang' though because he's so tough that he can't deal with issues dealt to him on his own.

Go ahead, defend someone that is in a gang.
    Have fun with it.
    If he hasn't done anything yet it's only a matter of time before he does if he's in a gang.
    I know about those gangs and know plenty of sad stories associated with them.
    Not an ounce of respect is deserved.
    Fucking pussy.
    100%.
    Naturally, the entire basis of the post is bunk because of the immature assumptions made by its author, but I realize there are probably a great many of you out there that agree with the post. Let's try and have a reasonable discussion free from baseless assumptions about the validity, necessity, and inherent morality of gangs.

But before we start, I'd like to make one thing clear: There is to be NO reference to ANY posters named in this original post. Assess the content, but do NOT question any of the posters' credibility or character outside the context of this debate. This isn't a topic about duvaldomo and his masculinity, so any rips or infantile rips on him will be reported immediately. This is a thread about gangs, not one gang member.

That said, let's begin.

The Crips were originally begun to afford its members something even the police could not: safety in their native Los Angeles. From these beginnings has spawned a massive organization with roughly 30,000 members, however gone are the tightly knit beginnings, and the Crips are now "a loosely connected network of individual sets, often engaged in open warfare with one another."

So the questions are: Are gangs a good thing now? Were they a good thing at their inception? How deeply has their progression influenced America?

ight then kick it but keep it civilized

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Re: Gangs

Gangs are like unions, had there place once.. now are nothing more than a cover to move more money, shady transactions and provide a false sense of protection. Only difference is for the most part people in unions are shot, murdered, are worried for their members life.

I understand some of the dynamics of why kids join gangs, unfortunately most get caught up in the fear that the very same gangs supply, so they feel they have no choice or that it is the easy way out.

But my personal experiences are limited with the hard core gangs.. so I can't speak much more on the subject.. I personally wish more kids felt they had other choices than gangs.

"litlharsh" wrote:
    It's the offseason, and since most of you have poohie opinions anyway I thought I'd start this thread up. Background: In the Member Pics III thread user "duvaldomo" posted saying he was a member of the Crip gang. This post was made, which piqued my interest:

A pansyass that joins a gang should be defended?
    Someone that is in a gang that is known to deal drugs, kill people, rob people, etc. should be honored.
    I will rip on the pansy jiggly butt all I want and have no problem doing it.
    Hey, I'm a tough guy, I'll go kill innocent people because I'm too much of a pansy to deal with life on my own.
    I would say it to his face in a second.
    He'll be with his 'gang' though because he's so tough that he can't deal with issues dealt to him on his own.

Go ahead, defend someone that is in a gang.
    Have fun with it.
    If he hasn't done anything yet it's only a matter of time before he does if he's in a gang.
    I know about those gangs and know plenty of sad stories associated with them.
    Not an ounce of respect is deserved.
    fricken "meow".
    100%.
    Naturally, the entire basis of the post is bunk because of the immature assumptions made by its author, but I realize there are probably a great many of you out there that agree with the post. Let's try and have a reasonable discussion free from baseless assumptions about the validity, necessity, and inherent morality of gangs.

But before we start, I'd like to make one thing clear: There is to be NO reference to ANY posters named in this original post. Assess the content, but do NOT question any of the posters' credibility or character outside the context of this debate. This isn't a topic about duvaldomo and his masculinity, so any rips or infantile rips on him will be reported immediately. This is a thread about gangs, not one gang member.

That said, let's begin.

The Crips were originally begun to afford its members something even the police could not: safety in their native Los Angeles. From these beginnings has spawned a massive organization with roughly 30,000 members, however gone are the tightly knit beginnings, and the Crips are now "a loosely connected network of individual sets, often engaged in open warfare with one another."

So the questions are: Are gangs a good thing now? Were they a good thing at their inception? How deeply has their progression influenced America?

ight then kick it but keep it civilized
    Based on the points you made, and the background history, I can only conclude that gangs are based on criminality.
    You state that the Crips began to provide what the police could not provide, safety.
    However, the way they went about it amounted to "might makes right", or more precisely anarchy!
    Societies gain their strength through lawful compliance to the very laws enacted by that society.
    If those laws cannot be enforced by local police, then the county, state, and federal governments need to be aware of why they cannot enforce the laws and provide the necessary manpower to acomplish the enforcement.
    To step outside that processes be it Vigilantism, gangs, or violent protests then the laws become superfulous and society must rise up and put an end to the objectional activity.

I think though that your initial assumption errs.
    I think gangs come about from dysfunctional individuals needing to feel accepted by others.
    Anytime you have groups they can be positive (Boys Club, Girls Club, Boy Scouts, sports, etc.) or follow negative leadership, gangs!
    Gangs ensure loyalty through "initiations" which usually includes some illegal act, which then gives the gang power over the individual.
    Throughout history there have been gangs, because it is the human nature to gather in groups (cliques) and gang membership is culled from the individuals on the outside who don't really belong to anything.
    They are ripe for picking.

In short gangs are groups of illegal activities pushed by leadership that wants to make money (drugs, guns, robbery, etc.) and to generate fear (murder, drive bys, etc.).
    No gang offers a positive learning environment to prepare the members to become productive members of society.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

the crips might still be a rough bunch down in california, and in some places like st louis (where i grew up with these gangs all over my neighborhood), but unfortunately theyve just become a worldwide joke..theyve got white kids, brown kids and natives pretending to be crips up in winnipeg, mb canada (where i currently live, and laugh hysterically at the inner city influence these rich kids and aboriginals have adopted) for god sake..its pathetic..being in a gang like that is a joke these days..the hells angels are real, and you know theyve done some rough stuff if theyre wearing the vest, however anybody that wants to call themselves a crip just throws on a blue shirt and bandana regardless of whether or not their jewish lawyer parents make a million bucks a month

the only thing the crips are at war with these days is reality
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Meh, gang bangers.
    At least La Cosa Nostra has an interesting history to go with their murder and all around horrible acts.
    Criminal organizations have no place in this country, they aren't running some sort of after school rec club for crying out loud.
    Yes, many people get caught up in gangs that are from poverty that shouldn't have happened, but it doesn't change the fact that they are bad.
    Compared to the bloods and the crips the members of "our thing" seems like stand up Italian American citizens.
    As for being formed for safety in LA, the road to hell was paved with good intentions.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

While I believe gangs are stupid, I also believe that jumping on this guy was stupid. It is sad that thread got looked due to a lot of stupidity.

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

MS-13 is going to run the country soon anyways.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Gangs are for pussies that can't think for themselves.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

My personal opinion? Gangs are a front for violence. You don't exactly see gangs going out painting churches, helping old ladies across the street, selling cookies, etc.

That said, I only know about gangs from what I learn from the media, be it movies, tv, newspaper, what have you.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

I believe t that Minnesota is the headquarters for two of the major White Supremest groups(gang).

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast