Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Game Day Eats, post your reciepies here.....

VIKINGNEDS, STUFFED VIKING HORNS

;D

Get some Long Hot Italian Peppers,,,They should be Green, and not turning red in color yet..

Slice open the peppers on one side only and clean out seeds...Carefull, the seeds and juices produced when cutting can get on your hands, so don't rub your eyes or put your hands near your face....Best to cut under running cold water..

Once all peppers are sliced and clean,
    sprinkle some chopped garlic and add one or two anchovie fillets to the inside of the pepper..

Lay on pan and sprinkle heavily with a good extra virgin olive oil, the darker the oil the better for this dish....

Wrap in aluminum foil and place in hot oven or on the grill......Heat till peppers begin to turn a golden brown...

Eat with a bread of your choice, I find best with a nice Italian bread or a hard crusted French bread..

Make sure you have alot of beer to wash them down with....LOL..

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Game Day Eats, post your reciepies here.....

That's what I'm talking about. I might try that, not that I'm much of an anchovie eater, but I'm never afraid to experiment.

How about that Eggplant dish. I never know what to do with those. Last time I bought some I drew out some of the water in them with salt, washed them in cold water, and then fried them on a pan. As a side dish to some salmon I made.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

"cogitans" wrote:
    That's what I'm talking about. I might try that, not that I'm much of an anchovie eater, but I'm never afraid to experiment.

How about that Eggplant dish. I never know what to do with those. Last time I bought some I drew out some of the water in them with salt, washed them in cold water, and then fried them on a pan. As a side dish to some salmon I made.

I'll try to explain, and hopefully you can find the ingredients where you are..

Take one large eggplant or two, wash and dry, slice into 1/4 inch thick disc shaped pieces...

In a side bowl, beat 3 or 4 eggs......Wash the disc's in the egg bath.....Then dip into a bowl of
    Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs....

In a skillet, bring frying oil to a temp of about 340 F....

Place disc of prepaired egg plant into oil and fry till golden brown..

In seperate oven pan, layer the disc after they have been fried, side by side, covering the bottom of pan..

In another skillet, brown some Italian Sausage and Hamburger, breaking up into small pieces....Drain off extra greese from browning..

After making a layer of disc, sprinkle some sausage and hamburg mixture over the disc and spoon over that a thin covering of your favorite spagettie sauce or marinera sauce....Repeat the layering process till the pan is full......

Place in Oven at 350F and bake for 30 mins......The last 10 mins, cover the dish with your Motzerella Cheese.....

NOTE: when browning up the sausage and hamburg, feel free to spice up the mix with garlic , oregano, parsely, finely chopped onion......

GET READY FOR SOME GOOD EATS..... ;D

That could easially be a favourite dish of mine as well. I think I'll make it some time next week.

Thanks Ned.

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

"VikingNed" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

I'll try to explain, and hopefully you can find the ingredients where you are..

Take one large eggplant or two, wash and dry, slice into 1/4 inch thick disc shaped pieces...

In a side bowl, beat 3 or 4 eggs......Wash the disc's in the egg bath.....Then dip into a bowl of
    Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs....

In a skillet, bring frying oil to a temp of about 340 F....

Place disc of prepaired egg plant into oil and fry till golden brown..

In seperate oven pan, layer the disc after they have been fried, side by side, covering the bottom of pan..

In another skillet, brown some Italian Sausage and Hamburger, breaking up into small pieces....Drain off extra greese from browning..

After making a layer of disc, sprinkle some sausage and hamburg mixture over the disc and spoon over that a thin covering of your favorite spagettie sauce or marinera sauce....Repeat the layering process till the pan is full......

Place in Oven at 350F and bake for 30 mins......The last 10 mins, cover the dish with your Motzerella Cheese.....

NOTE: when browning up the sausage and hamburg, feel free to spice up the mix with garlic , oregano, parsely, finely chopped onion......

GET READY FOR SOME GOOD EATS..... ;D
    Eggplant Parmigiana!!

I haven't made that in awhile, umm, sounds good for this rainy day!
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

"VikingNed" wrote:

;D

Get some Long Hot Italian Peppers,,,They should be Green, and not turning red in color yet..

Slice open the peppers on one side only and clean out seeds...Carefull, the seeds and juices produced when cutting can get on your hands, so don't rub your eyes or put your hands near your face....Best to cut under running cold water..

sprinkle some chopped garlic and add one or two anchovie fillets to the inside of the pepper..

Lay on pan and sprinkle heavily with a good extra virgin olive oil, the darker the oil the better for this dish....

Wrap in aluminum foil and place in hot oven or on the grill......Heat till peppers begin to turn a golden brown...

Eat with a bread of your choice, I find best with a nice Italian bread or a hard crusted French bread..

you forgot one very important safety factor.

DO NOT take a pee shortly after cutting and handling hot peppers.

i know of what i speak.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

"marshallvike" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:

;D

you forgot one very important safety factor.

DO NOT take a pee shortly after cutting and handling hot peppers.

i know of what i speak.
    That happened to me once too. It's very very painfull.

Since I perfected this recipe here in Tonga, I don't really know what degree to cook these at, but a medium low flame should do.
    Buffalo Wings, perfect for next week's beating of the Bills.

1 package of chicken wings (in your grocer's meat area)
    4 eggs
    1/2 cup milk
    1 bottle of Frank's Hot Sauce
    1 stick of butter (real healthy)
    A few cups of flour in a large bowl
    1/4 cup of diced jalapenos
    Veg Oil, preferably soybean oil for crispiness, or you can use lard for the extra artery clogging

Beat the eggs in a large bowl and add milk.
    Dip the raw chicken wings in the egg/milk and coat with flower (breading)

In a saucepan, melt the stick of butter and add jalapenios and bottle of Frank's hot sauce.

In a larger pot, heat oil basically until it's hot (5-10 minutes). Medium to medium low heat.
    Fry the wings until they float. That usually means they're safe for human consumption. They should be golden brown. If oil starts to turn black, turn down the heat!
    When wings are cooked, place them on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
    Coat wings in buffalo wing sauce and enjoy.

Sorry, but true chef's don't bother with recipes (only half joking)
    If you have a deep fryer, do whatever it is you do with that kind of luxury.

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    Since I perfected this recipe here in Tonga, I don't really know what degree to cook these at, but a medium low flame should do.
    Buffalo Wings, perfect for next week's beating of the Bills.

1 package of chicken wings (in your grocer's meat area)
    4 eggs
    1/2 cup milk
    1 bottle of Frank's Hot Sauce
    1 stick of butter (real healthy)
    A few cups of flour in a large bowl
    1/4 cup of diced jalapenos
    Veg Oil, preferably soybean oil for crispiness, or you can use lard for the extra artery clogging

Beat the eggs in a large bowl and add milk.
    Dip the raw chicken wings in the egg/milk and coat with flower (breading)

In a saucepan, melt the stick of butter and add jalapenios and bottle of Frank's hot sauce.

In a larger pot, heat oil basically until it's hot (5-10 minutes). Medium to medium low heat.
    Fry the wings until they float. That usually means they're safe for human consumption. They should be golden brown. If oil starts to turn black, turn down the heat!
    When wings are cooked, place them on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
    Coat wings in buffalo wing sauce and enjoy.

Sorry, but true chef's don't bother with recipes (only half joking)
    If you have a deep fryer, do whatever it is you do with that kind of luxury.

Thanks for a great receipie DeathtoDenny,

I also love to cook chicken wings....I find if you preheat the oil (when deep frying) to a scorching, 425 F.......They cook to an awesome golden brown, and the high heat seals in all those great juices..

May I add please, for a side dish, a bowl of Blue Cheese Dressing to do some fancy dipping... ;D

Gotta Love It...

YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman

only thing i ever make for games is a pizza dip

put the following in a cassorel dish

creme cheese 4
    sour creme 1
    chedder cheese 2
    pizza sauce 1 1/2

the resulting mush should like like bloddy guts, i just guess while measureing, but i gave you the approximate mix, it should be kinda thick. bake that baby in the oven, then serve with hips, preferably pizza pringles.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast