Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: French election

  1. #11
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: French election

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Who here really cares about the French election?
    :-\
    I do.

    It's important to know who is at the head of one of the largest economic powers in the world.

    =Z=
    Sure, but do you need a thread discussing it to tell you that?
    I don't think the existence of a thread on the subject in any way should be a concern to anyone.
    You either read it and comment or mark it read.
    What's the diff?

    A European posted the information, because it really will have big meaning in his life, being part of the EU.
    There may be others who are interested.
    There's no harm to a thread - properly posted - on this election.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  2. #12
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: French election

    I think the election is important to us as Americans because the woman candidate is a "Socialist." But right now it looks like Nicolas Sarkozy will be the winner. Ségolène Royal is calling for riots in the streets if she loses. Typical socialist tactic.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  3. #13
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: French election

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Who here really cares about the French election?
    :-\
    I do.

    It's important to know who is at the head of one of the largest economic powers in the world.

    =Z=
    Sure, but do you need a thread discussing it to tell you that?
    Maybe not. I just thought it would be exciting to see the faces of the new president of France.

    But if you don't just don't look here and if all feel that way, the thread will die in peace.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  4. #14
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: French election

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    I think the election is important to us as Americans because the woman candidate is a "Socialist." But right now it looks like Nicolas Sarkozy will be the winner. Ségolène Royal is calling for riots in the streets if she loses. Typical socialist tactic.
    Ouch.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  5. #15
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: French election

    Sarkozy 53%
    Royal 47%

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  6. #16
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: French election

    to him its probably the same as who wins the canadian election to you guys.
    seeing as how they're his neighbouring country, it has some effect on him.

  7. #17
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,564

    Re: French election

    Le vote pour la femme, il fera les gens les plus grandes lavettes.

  8. #18
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: French election

    [size=14pt]Royal Concedes[/size]

    Socialist Segolene Royal conceded defeat in France's presidential election on Sunday and wished victorious conservative Nicolas Sarkozy well. "Universal suffrage has spoken. I wish the next president of the Republic the best in accomplishing his mission in the service of all the French people," she told supporters in Paris after television projections put Sarkozy on about 53 percent of votes in Sunday's election run-off.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  9. #19
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: French election

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    [size=14pt]Royal Concedes[/size]

    Socialist Segolene Royal conceded defeat in France's presidential election on Sunday and wished victorious conservative Nicolas Sarkozy well. "Universal suffrage has spoken. I wish the next president of the Republic the best in accomplishing his mission in the service of all the French people," she told supporters in Paris after television projections put Sarkozy on about 53 percent of votes in Sunday's election run-off.
    Does that mean they are gonna riot in the streets?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #20
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: French election

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    [size=14pt]Royal Concedes[/size]

    Socialist Segolene Royal conceded defeat in France's presidential election on Sunday and wished victorious conservative Nicolas Sarkozy well. "Universal suffrage has spoken. I wish the next president of the Republic the best in accomplishing his mission in the service of all the French people," she told supporters in Paris after television projections put Sarkozy on about 53 percent of votes in Sunday's election run-off.
    Does that mean they are gonna riot in the streets?
    Some of the youths and the immigrants will probably be a bit upset. But it'll die out.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Pawlenty will not seek third re-election
    By nephilimstorm in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-09-2009, 09:37 AM
  2. An English take on the American Election Process
    By josdin00 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 08:57 AM
  3. BS important in determining '08 election winner
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-17-2007, 12:48 PM
  4. Canadian election day
    By ItalianStallion in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-24-2006, 06:22 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •