Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Free Strikeforce fights this Saturday

"Schutz" wrote:

"molineviking" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "molineviking" wrote:

8 central, CBS,
    (Wiggins?????) C'mon the baddest heavyweight ever will be fighting (Please don't start any Lesnar nonsense)
    Hey don't knock on any UFC heavyweight if Fedor's manager cared more about his own personal connection to Strikeforce as opposed to getting Fedor to fight in the UFC.
    I'm not looking for some who's better argument, I've been a UFC fan since UFC 1 in 1995, And his crooked Russian mafia manager is probably to blame-Since he fought many top guys in Pride I doubt he's afraid of anyone, I still can't understand why he's in Strikeforce but he's killed everyone he's fought-(that one ref stoppage is nonsense) I just can't anoint a 4-1 guy as the best fighter in the world, And I watched Lesnar wrestle in college, and wanted him to make the Vikings, after the last time he fought he made a fool of himself which is hard to respect.
    His manager is who I was refering to.
    The guy owns part of strikeforce or something like that and after Fedor left alot of money on the table with the UFC it just kind of seems that his mananger ruined the deal by demanding a huge cut of the PPV stuff that Dana basically laughed at him and knew UFC would be fine without giving big money to that crook.
    That's right.

It's too bad though, the UFC needs to bring him in somehow, without him, none of their heavyweights can really ever be called champion of the world.

If they can wrangle Fedor, and Overeem their heavyweight division will be seriously bolstered.
    The last thing the sports community needs is a second boxing deal... unification is necessary for determining a champion. Dana White and Zuffa could truly dominate MMA(not that they don't already) by acquiring only a handful more fighters. Especially now that they brought Kimbo and Roy Nelson in through TUF.

Fedor, Overeem, Mousasi, Kid Yamamoto, maybe Gilbert Melendez, Mayhem Miller(due to popularity from his MTV Show) and Jake Shields.
    There are some guys they've had in the past that have pretty big fan following, like Andrei Arlovski, Josh Barnett, Tim Sylvia, obviously Randy Couture, Nick Diaz etc.

Pulling those guys away from other organizations(Strikeforce, really) will really kill any audience they had prior. No audience= no money. No money= no fighters. The fighters will go where the money is, and that's the UFC.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"Mr" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:

"molineviking" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "molineviking" wrote:

8 central, CBS,
    (Wiggins?????) C'mon the baddest heavyweight ever will be fighting (Please don't start any Lesnar nonsense)
    Hey don't knock on any UFC heavyweight if Fedor's manager cared more about his own personal connection to Strikeforce as opposed to getting Fedor to fight in the UFC.
    I'm not looking for some who's better argument, I've been a UFC fan since UFC 1 in 1995, And his crooked Russian mafia manager is probably to blame-Since he fought many top guys in Pride I doubt he's afraid of anyone, I still can't understand why he's in Strikeforce but he's killed everyone he's fought-(that one ref stoppage is nonsense) I just can't anoint a 4-1 guy as the best fighter in the world, And I watched Lesnar wrestle in college, and wanted him to make the Vikings, after the last time he fought he made a fool of himself which is hard to respect.
    The guy owns part of strikeforce or something like that and after Fedor left alot of money on the table with the UFC it just kind of seems that his mananger ruined the deal by demanding a huge cut of the PPV stuff that Dana basically laughed at him and knew UFC would be fine without giving big money to that crook.
    That's right.

It's too bad though, the UFC needs to bring him in somehow, without him, none of their heavyweights can really ever be called champion of the world.

If they can wrangle Fedor, and Overeem their heavyweight division will be seriously bolstered.
    The last thing the sports community needs is a second boxing deal... unification is necessary for determining a champion. Dana White and Zuffa could truly dominate MMA(not that they don't already) by acquiring only a handful more fighters. Especially now that they brought Kimbo and Roy Nelson in through TUF.

Fedor, Overeem, Mousasi, Kid Yamamoto, maybe Gilbert Melendez, Mayhem Miller(due to popularity from his MTV Show) and Jake Shields.
    There are some guys they've had in the past that have pretty big fan following, like Andrei Arlovski, Josh Barnett, Tim Sylvia, obviously Randy Couture, Nick Diaz etc.

Pulling those guys away from other organizations(Strikeforce, really) will really kill any audience they had prior. No audience= no money. No money= no fighters. The fighters will go where the money is, and that's the UFC.
    The UFC is at the point where fighters need the UFC more than the UFC needs fighters.
    When you have guys busting their asses and working hard with the sole goal of making the NFL of MMA that's how you get talent.
    The UFC is a little weak at heavyweight some will say but outside of Fedor that's just the nature of the beast, historically in boxing and MMA you aren't going to have your most exciting fighters at Heavyweight all the time.
    Strikeforce will have some audience but it's a longshot to see if they can succeed where many companies have failed before competing with the UFC.
    For now Dana White has a stocked roster and of course all the great fighters in the WEC so I just see the UFC letting Strikeforce spend itself out of exsistance and pick of the pieces like they have done with every other company.

molineviking is offline Asst. Coach

"Schutz" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:

"molineviking" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    [quote author=molineviking link=topic=54032.msg1013902#msg1013902 date=1257388635]

8 central, CBS,
    That's right.

The UFC is at the point where fighters need the UFC more than the UFC needs fighters.
    When you have guys busting their asses and working hard with the sole goal of making the NFL of MMA that's how you get talent.
    The UFC is a little weak at heavyweight some will say but outside of Fedor that's just the nature of the beast, historically in boxing and MMA you aren't going to have your most exciting fighters at Heavyweight all the time.
    Strikeforce will have some audience but it's a longshot to see if they can succeed where many companies have failed before competing with the UFC.
    For now Dana White has a stocked roster and of course all the great fighters in the WEC so I just see the UFC letting Strikeforce spend itself out of exsistance and pick of the pieces like they have done with every other company.
    [/quote]

I agree with what you both said, I'd love to see Mousasi in the UFC, Personally I can't see Shields ever beating GSP, I think Overeem is on the juice and will avoid the UFC like the plague, Too bad because he's talented for sure, If you haven't (Although I get the feeling you both know the good MMA sites)=check out bloodyelbow.com sometime, I think they are one of the better non biased sites.
    Anyhoo, I don't see Rogers pulling the upset tonight.
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"molineviking" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:

"molineviking" wrote:
    [quote author=Schutz link=topic=54032.msg1014739#msg1014739 date=1257577075]
    [quote author=molineviking link=topic=54032.msg1013902#msg1013902 date=1257388635]

8 central, CBS,
    That's right.

[/quote]

I agree with what you both said, I'd love to see Mousasi in the UFC, Personally I can't see Shields ever beating GSP, I think Overeem is on the juice and will avoid the UFC like the plague, Too bad because he's talented for sure, If you haven't (Although I get the feeling you both know the good MMA sites)=check out bloodyelbow.com sometime, I think they are one of the better non biased sites.
    Anyhoo, I don't see Rogers pulling the upset tonight.

[/quote]
    Yeah Overeem absolutely blew up. He's HUGE now.
    [img width=450 height=159]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii224/9ho1oha1/mma/Overeem-Timeline.jpg[/img]

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

I was only able to see the Fedor fight, and damn was I happy I did. When he was on the ground I thought Fedor was in a little bit of trouble but he snaked his way out of there and was able to get the fight back to standing and just knocked him out. He should fight Lesnar.
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12