Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Names

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

Forum Names

Interested to know how some of you chose your forum tags.

Mine is obvious as are some others. I recently found out that NODAKPAUL is because he's from North Dakota. What about the rest of you
    Purple till i die

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Forum Names

My name is Marty.
    I was a Vice President of a VA Deer Hunting Club.
    I started to call the President "Homer".
    He in turn came up with Marrdro and to this day can't tell me, or anyone, what it means.

My guess is the Beast had something to do with it, because back in the day he and I used to consume mass quantities of that fine brew.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Mark_The_Viking" wrote:

Mine is obvious as are some others. I recently found out that NODAKPAUL is because he's from North Dakota. What about the rest of you
    When I started playing Air Warrior II online more than 10 years ago, every player needed to pick a "handle" of 5 characters or less to be displayed above their airplane when flying the virtual skies.
    I tried several things (can't remember what) that were already taken and ended up with Zeus because it sounded cool.

My "=Z=" signature also comes from AW2 in that when I joined a squad, we all chose to change our handles to put the = = around something to identify us as part of the Minutemen (as we were known).

I've been Zeus for most online forums I've joined since then.
    Sometimes, if Zeus is already taken, I become AWZeus.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

V4L

Kinda self explanitory

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Mark_The_Viking" wrote:

When I started playing Air Warrior II online more than 10 years ago, every player needed to pick a "handle" of 5 characters or less to be displayed above their airplane when flying the virtual skies.
    I tried several things (can't remember what) that were already taken and ended up with Zeus because it sounded cool.

My "=Z=" signature also comes from AW2 in that when I joined a squad, we all chose to change our handles to put the = = around something to identify us as part of the Minutemen (as we were known).

=Z=
    We once had a guy named AWZeus here. He was actually a very nice guy. Wonder what ever became of him?
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Mine gives the illusion that I'm a fan from the 60's but sadly, I'm too young for that.
    I'm not even sure really what made me choose the name.
    I should really just shorten it to TNT

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Mark_The_Viking" wrote:

We once had a guy named AWZeus here. He was actually a very nice guy. Wonder what ever became of him?
    I killed him.

=Z=

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    Mine gives the illusion that I'm a fan from the 60's but sadly, I'm too young for that.
    I'm not even sure really what made me choose the name.

I should really just shorten it to TNT
    You're TNT to us, freak.

=Z=

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

I go to PITT and am regularly in the Oakland Zoo (best basketball fan section ever, fuck the Crazies).
    24 is pretty much the sickest number ever and it was my basketball and football number.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

Dekay is offline Pro-Bowler Element Quest Champion

Dekay which is my current handle on most sites is because I needed a new nickname and evething i had before was bad and what i tried new was taken.

It comes from my firstnames which are (in this order, and yes in Sweden usually the first of the firstname is what you are called, but in my family that hasn't always been true, you pick the order that fits the best) Dennis Karl Pierre hence the D.K. Pierre and "Dekay" was a bad try to write it in phonetics... which should have been something like deekay instead, which I came to realise when someone at the ppo tailgate 3 years ago called me as decay instead of deekay haha. Oh well, I've come to terms with that too, or gotten used to it

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast