Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Former WWE/TNA wrestler "Test" found dead

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    A lot of these guys are on pain pills. They do 2-3 shows a week. There bodies get worn out.
    They go through a lot of beatings.
    I hate it when people say it's fake.
    That is so not tue.
    Choreographed and rehearsed, yes.
    But those acrobatics they do in and out of the ring is not fake.
    I'd like to see some of the other pro athletes try the things the wrestlers do.
    Its real, in that the flips and stuff are real.
    they fall down, get thrown, etc.
    But the hits aren't real.
    Usually when they are throwing punches it's pretty fake but I was talking about the acrobatics.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ejmat" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    A lot of these guys are on pain pills. They do 2-3 shows a week. There bodies get worn out.
    They go through a lot of beatings.
    I hate it when people say it's fake.
    That is so not tue.
    Choreographed and rehearsed, yes.
    But those acrobatics they do in and out of the ring is not fake.
    I'd like to see some of the other pro athletes try the things the wrestlers do.
    Its real, in that the flips and stuff are real.
    they fall down, get thrown, etc.
    But the hits aren't real.
    Usually when they are throwing punches it's pretty fake but I was talking about the acrobatics.
    its hard to fake flips, or being thrown across the ring.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

It's fake, yet so much more dangerous than MMA, shocking how people label things without having a clue what they're talking about.

It is fake in the sense of trying to actually hurt eachother.

Some of the stuff they do is pretty remarkable. These guys are big, strong, athletic men. I'm really impressed by what they do in the ring, and I feel like some of them are wasting their talent.

They take bad falls, are constantly traveling, and train hard. Their bodies get worn out.

So they cope with steroids for recovery, and painkillers. As sad as it is, it's no surprise so many of them die young.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Mr" wrote:
    It's fake, yet so much more dangerous than MMA, shocking how people label things without having a clue what they're talking about.

It is fake in the sense of trying to actually hurt eachother.

Some of the stuff they do is pretty remarkable. These guys are big, strong, athletic men. I'm really impressed by what they do in the ring, and I feel like some of them are wasting their talent.

They take bad falls, are constantly traveling, and train hard. Their bodies get worn out.

So they cope with steroids for recovery, and painkillers. As sad as it is, it's no surprise so many of them die young.

I don't think anyone is arguing that their lives are real... just "Professional" Wrestling, which is fake. Without question.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

You only need to know how to act stupid take steriods and read a script to be a "professional" wrestler

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    You only need to know how to act stupid take steriods and read a script to be a "professional" wrestler
    not true, kurt angle and brock lesnar were legit (still probably pretty stupid)

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    Completely false. And couldn't you say essentially the same thing about NFL players? That's like saying while watching any professional sport/game "I could do that."

I haven't watched wrestling since 5th grade, so I'm not one of those wrestling fans that cry when their favorite wrestlers lose and can't accept the reality that it isn't real.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Mr" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    Completely false. And couldn't you say essentially the same thing about NFL players? That's like saying while watching any professional sport/game "I could do that."

I haven't watched wrestling since 5th grade, so I'm not one of those wrestling fans that cry when their favorite wrestlers lose and can't accept the reality that it isn't real.
    Comparing "Professional" wrestling to the NFL is laughable and pretty much negates your previous posts in this thread.

Just because you personally feel it's "real" does not make it so. When the WWE is selling "Wrestling", yet the actors aren't actually even hitting each other... that's fake.

Hence why Vince McMahon calls it "Sports Entertainment"... which is even a stretch in my opinion.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:

I don't think the NFL has already decided what team is going to win before they play

"C" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:

Comparing "Professional" wrestling to the NFL is laughable and pretty much negates your previous posts in this thread.

Just because you personally feel it's "real" does not make it so. When the WWE is selling "Wrestling", yet the actors aren't actually even hitting each other... that's fake.

Hence why Vince McMahon calls it "Sports Entertainment"... which is even a stretch in my opinion.
    Speaking of stretches, skewing my words to say that I think it's real is a HUGE one.

There is no doubt these guys have athletic ability, they obviously train hard to attain what they have. And that's all I'm trying to defend. I don't give a shit about wrestling, like I said in my previous post I haven't watched since the 5th grade.

And my comparison to the NFL made perfect sense in this context. BLV said that you only need to know how to take steroids and read a script. You could just as easily make a blanket statement like that about the NFL.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast