BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Former meth addict and man who saves own fingernails could be next American Idol

‘Idol’ auditioners get wacky in Dallas

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22698098/

Is reality tv ever going to go away?
    :

Re: Former meth addict and man who saves own fingernails could be next American Idol

The thing is, why would he think that telling the world about his strange hobby would be an asset? I don’t get.
    It grosses me out just thinking about it

I'm exercising my ass by doing flexing exercises while typing. Prophet 3:42pm March 16, 2007
    "If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms." Mike Ditka

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

Re: Former meth addict and man who saves own fingernails could be next American

"countrygirl" wrote:
    The thing is, why would he think that telling the world about his strange hobby would be an asset? I don’t get.
    It grosses me out just thinking about it
    Can't get on the show unless you can get in front of the Trio... it's my understanding they are looking for strange sorts out in the holding areas to pass through.
    Lots of decent singers don't ever make it through that part.
    If you can be decent with a quirk you increase your odds.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

MindFreak is offline Starter

Re: Former meth addict and man who saves own fingernails could be next American Idol

I was rudely introduced to idol on Tuesday, turned it to fox expecting to see a rerun of house (best show on tv, in my opinion) and had to see 1 second too many of that garbage show, i turned after 1 second
    You can't be let down if you don't expect the world

Json is offline GM

I
    was rudely introduced to idol on Tuesday, turned it to fox expecting to see a rerun of house (best show on tv, in my opinion) and had to see 1 second too many of that garbage show, i turned after 1 second
    Sorry to hear that, I personally think the show is enriched with priceless entertainment.
    Plus Dexter, Big Love, Weeds, Hereos, and multiple other good shows are in there down time, so Idol works for now.

MindFreak is offline Starter

"Json" wrote:
    I
    was rudely introduced to idol on Tuesday, turned it to fox expecting to see a rerun of house (best show on tv, in my opinion) and had to see 1 second too many of that garbage show, i turned after 1 second
    Sorry to hear that, I personally think the show is enriched with priceless entertainment.
    Plus Dexter, Big Love, Weeds, Hereos, and multiple other good shows are in there down time, so Idol works for now.
    And how long will some of those shows be on permanent down time with the writers strike and all?
    You can't be let down if you don't expect the world

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Json" wrote:
    I
    I agree.
    I like Idol.

For the record, everything that we are seeing now has happened months ago, and the Idol producers are putting together a very small sample of the hundreds of thousands of clips to generate reviews.
    Last year a vast majority of the clips they played were of the bad auditions.
    They were trying to cash in on the humor aspect, but audiences actually began to get tired of them.
    This year it looks like they are going for stories and background people.
    The real Idol doesn't really start until the next round IMHO.

To be honest, fingernail boy wasn't a very good singer, and I doubt he will make it past the next round.
    The meth girl, however, was surprisingly good.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Just goes to show you how truly this country, and especially Hollywood is messed up!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.