Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Forget Friday the 13th - today is the day for real bad luck

"digital420" wrote:
    that mac got a sony battery?

if so.. don't leave it on to long while residing on yer lap..

specially not today

DiGiTaL
    Nope, but I was really hoping it did because they're replacing them for free, and I could use a new battery.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"The" wrote:
    I read this post this morning and thought, "hmm...interesting, but really just a bunch of hooey."

Right now, I'm a believer.

My laptop (and I hadn't realized how dependent I was on it) took a giant dump today, and my bum was puckered so tight I could've poohed a diamond.
    On top of that, I was so stressed about the laptop, that I ran out of my last class without a textbook that I need to write a paper for Wednesday. After returning to the class it was long gone.
    On the plus side, the bad luck apparently only lasted half the day, because I was able to get my laptop back by 6:00 this evening in perfect working order.

On the other hand, it could just be instant Karma for me telling Singer that he should get a Mac to avoid computer problems, cos I had never had any with my Mac. I'll never gloat again!
    ;D
    That'll teach you!

Turns out my problems were a result of a conflict due to combination of the Norton System Works/Firewall subscription expiring, the popup subscription reminders & the task manager scheduling updates & automatic updates of the software.

Once I removed all Norton tasks from my task manager & removed the S/W, everything was hunky-dory.

It was just a matter of Symantecs.

I've installed Avast anti-virus now.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    [size=14pt]Forget Friday the 13th - today is the day for real bad luck[/size]

Just ask Favre, he believes..........

[img width=400 height=600]http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/dd/full.getty-71465432jf020_green_bay_pac_12_29_09_am.jpg[/img]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    I read this post this morning and thought, "hmm...interesting, but really just a bunch of hooey."

Right now, I'm a believer.

My laptop (and I hadn't realized how dependent I was on it) took a giant dump today, and my bum was puckered so tight I could've poohed a diamond.
    On top of that, I was so stressed about the laptop, that I ran out of my last class without a textbook that I need to write a paper for Wednesday. After returning to the class it was long gone.
    On the plus side, the bad luck apparently only lasted half the day, because I was able to get my laptop back by 6:00 this evening in perfect working order.

On the other hand, it could just be instant Karma for me telling Singer that he should get a Mac to avoid computer problems, cos I had never had any with my Mac. I'll never gloat again!
    ;D
    That'll teach you!

Turns out my problems were a result of a conflict due to combination of the Norton System Works/Firewall subscription expiring, the popup subscription reminders & the task manager scheduling updates & automatic updates of the software.

Once I removed all Norton tasks from my task manager & removed the S/W, everything was hunky-dory.

It was just a matter of Symantecs.

I've installed Avast anti-virus now.
    Nod32

Fast... Light, quick and covers everything u need..

with spysweeper combination.. havn't had a problem in years.. (knock knock)

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12