Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: football stuff

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: football stuff

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    i never even considered playing football. i am only 5'8 and weigh about 135 i would get smashed right away. :lol:
    Bulk up...I was only 5'8" in high school...and only 155 pounds...but I could bench press 325 (free weights) and ran a 4.6 40. But the main thing is that you gotta hit as hard as you can!!!

Of course, 25 years later, that 4.6 40 is now a 6.4 40...but I think that I retained most of my strength (although my joints hurt so much that I don't think that I could perform the full range of motion needed to press the barbell up from my chest)!!! :lol: :sad:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

SamDawg84 Guest

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "mnvikes61" wrote:
    i never even considered playing football. i am only 5'8 and weigh about 135 i would get smashed right away. lol
    Bulk up...I was only 5'8" in high school...and only 155 pounds...but I could bench press 325 (free weights) and ran a 4.6 40. But the main thing is that you gotta hit as hard as you can!!!

Of course, 25 years later, that 4.6 40 is now a 6.4 40...but I think that I retained most of my strength (although my joints hurt so much that I don't think that I could perform the full range of motion needed to press the barbell up from my chest)!!! lol sad
    i can bench 160 and leg press 413 pounds.... but thats free weight i think.... i have 2 write down how much i leg press on a peice of paper

SamDawg84 Guest

and i can run the mile in like a 8 or a 9 depending how my left leg feels... it acts like terrell owens... (i kick right footed)

Del Rio Guest

I can honestly say the leg press is one of the easiest lifts of all time. I don't even let my team use it. You can load every plate you can on the thing and still do it. I have people doing 600+ pounds on that.

So now it just sits there and I think the only people that use it are wrestlers. The squat is way more effective IMO.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Yah squats are much more effective I agree.. Leg press just hurts my knees.. And it hurts my shoulders.. I can't do too many of them.. Squats I can do and they seem to help build muscles much better

SamDawg84 Guest

leg press is pretty easy. i can easly do the stack at school.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

The one machine that we had in high school that was cool was a leaper...but unfortunately, it was broken the whole time that I was there. The very next year, they fixed it and bought a second one (they had built a new school with a much larger and more modern weight room). I was pissed off because the machine supposedly increased your vertical from 5-9 inches and your 40 time 2-3 seconds faster...as it was (on a good day), I could dunk a regulation basketball...but most days, I could only dunk a volleyball...with that machine, I would have been the white Spud Webb!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

SamDawg84 Guest

lol. i we need a samdawg machine. so then i can be on here all day and make the evil version of me go to school

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345