Flying motorcycle to soar in 2010

The 200 mph motorcycle I posted earlier was a little too macho for my old bones, but this beauty appeals to my sense of adventure and growing impatience with drivers on the highways today.
    It looks like it's going to be a pusher (prop in the rear) but the switchblade wings have been proven (F-111) and the slight forward sweep improves lift.
    They don't mention a price, but if it has complete [s]aeronautical insturmentation [/s] avionics (that's the word, don't you just hate it when you know a word but can't think of it when you want to use it :P) it will be solidly in six figures :'(.
    Aw well, I can still dream.

http://dvice.com/archives/2009/06/fl...undefined#more

[img width=450 height=273]http://dvice.com/assets_c/2009/06/flyingmotorcycle_1-thumb-550x334-18881.jpg[/img]

Samson Motorworks designs flying motorcycles, and now the company has modified its approach, rolling out the airworthy Switchblade. It's a three-wheeled multimode vehicle (MMV) with a scissors-like wing for flying and a torsion bar lean system for its role as a road rocket.

This 15-foot vehicle improves upon its predecessor, the Aerobike, by trimming 200 pounds of excess weight, and if something goes wrong when you're flying at its 134mph airborne cruise speed, it's packing a parachute under which you can float safely back to earth.

This looks like even more fun than a flying car, or even that 200mph jet bike, which was much faster than this, but stays securely planted on terra firma. Want one of these flying Switchblades? Samson's not talking price yet, but says the sky bike will be ready for sale by early next year.
    [img width=450 height=305]http://dvice.com/galleries/flyingcycle/flyingmotorcycle_2.jpg[/img]

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: Flying motorcycle to soar in 2010

Now THIS has some serious potential!
    I could fly right to work everyday.
    I wonder how the MSP ATCT would feel about me bringing one of these babies down.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

JmC - check your PMs

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

The movies has taught me that we should already have flying cars so this is not impressive at all until I can actually buy one.
    We're bringing purple back.

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

What do you think people at Sturgis would think about this thing landing on the strip?

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill