MENDOTA HEIGHTS, Minn. - Fire investigators said a fire that destroyed a Mendota Heights home last week was caused by a flowerpot. Fire Chief John Maczko said a flowerpot on the home's deck spontaneously combusted.

While rare, spontaneous combustion can happen to pots with the right mixture of soil, moisture and heat.

Homeowner Dan Stoven said it's hard to believe, but said he's just glad his 17-year-old daughter was able to escape when passers-by entered the home to wake her up..............
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080717/ap_on_fe_st/odd_flowerpot_fire;_ylt=ArQ_HAcxHvAOc8CbeMskVWcsQE 4F