Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FLIGHT 93

Json is offline GM

Re: FLIGHT 93

Did anyone see the Titanic? Same diffrence folks. It just happens to be something that happened not as long ago. There's tons of movies about tragedies that occured and we don't blink an eye about watching them.

I'm not exaclty sure why all the fuss about this one. I do understand that it was nothing short of a tragedy and I feel the affects in my soul from the entire thing myself but I'm going to watch it because it's apart of our history as Americans. IMO of course.

Del Rio Guest

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I commend the people that stepped up to the plate and got the job done. That part is inspiring and they are heroes in my book. I don't think I'll go see the movie though, the only part that interests me is the few minutes where they kicked the terrorists asses. May watch it some night on video.
    A friend of mine from my graduating class in college (~375 people in my class) was on one of the planes which hit the WTC.

The thing that bothers me about the attention given to Flight 93 (and always has) is the implication that they are heroes because they fought back and that those on the other planes were sheep being led to slaughter. I know in my heart that Fred would have been leading a charge to the cockpit had they known what was going to happen.

Anyway - I might go see the movie - I haven't decided.

=Z=
    I'm not sure how I would act. I don't doubt I would do something, but sadly I probably wouldn't be the one leading the charge. They did a brave thing.

However doing nothing IMO was just as brave if not more so. Resist the urge to fight in hopes that it works out....(without the knowledge that flight 93 had of course)

Doing nothing doesn't make good action movies though. I agree with you the spotlight on Flight 93 does diminish the other flights in the hero department.

Prophet Guest

"Json" wrote:
    Did anyone see the Titanic? Same diffrence folks. It just happens to be something that happened not as long ago. There's tons of movies about tragedies that occured and we don't blink an eye about watching them.

I'm not exaclty sure why all the fuss about this one. I do understand that it was nothing short of a tragedy and I feel the affects in my soul from the entire thing myself but I'm going to watch it because it's apart of our history as Americans. IMO of course.
    There is no similarity. The Titantic was an 'invincible' ship that accidently hit an icebery. Flight 93 was taken over by terrorists with the intention of crashing the plane. To say it is the same thing is ridiculous.

Del Rio Guest

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Json" wrote:

There is no similarity. The Titantic was an 'invincible' ship that accidently hit an icebery. Flight 93 was taken over by terrorists with the intention of crashing the plane. To say it is the same thing is ridiculous.

She can fly

Json is offline GM

Titanic and Pearl Harbor....Is Pearl harbor ridicoulous?

Del Rio Guest

The movie was yes.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

"Json" wrote:
    Titanic and Pearl Harbor....Is Pearl harbor ridicoulous?
    I'd say, IMO if they're going to make a movie like that, atleast make it (somewhat) accurate to historical facts. LIke in the beginning when the pilots were fighting with the British as a volunteer group, and the next thing ya know is they're at Pearl Harbour. Dont think they moved pilots from different theatres like that.

Json is offline GM

I agree that Pearl Harbor wasn't that great of a movie but I was just trying to give an example of movie's that touch on American tragedies.

Again don't get me wrong about 9/11. It affects me still when I think about that day and when I read the news and see the things going on over seas It brings me back to that day all the time. I am going to watch the new United 93 movie because i'm intrested in it, but I know going in that it will effect me on a very emotional level.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

I understand, Im sure it will have that effect on all, if not most who see it.

Gift is offline Coordinator

"DCPologirl" wrote:
    Noone knows what happeneds on that flight. I personally think it's disgusting that a movie has been made out of it. I will definitely not see it ever. I was horrified when I saw the previews.
    Amen.

I will not see it!

I can not support further exploitation of the dead for profit or political gain. I'm not sure how why anyone would support this movie unless the have an agenda to push.
    Sorry Mods, as my politics were removed you can't ban me today. :wink:
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast