Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FLIGHT 93

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: FLIGHT 93

I have seen the one on A&E already.. By the looks of the previews, it looks pretty much the same. I will wait for the new one to come out on DVD, then I will watch it. I can still remember that day like it was yesterday. That was a very sad day for us Americans..

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I don't really want to see it. First of all, it's going to be wicked sad. Second I don't put a lot of stock in these Hollywood dramas of historical events. Pearl Harbor, A Bridge Too Far, Bridge on the River Kwai...all good movies (although Pearl Harbor sucked with the exception of Kate Beckinsale looking hot), but all historically inaccurate. Plus, I'm not sure if we (the public) know exactly what happened with that flight. Just not interested...

Prophet Guest

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"happy camper" wrote:
    im not sure if we really know the true story of flight 93.

so im not going to watch it.

that doesnt make me un american. that was the saddest day ive ever known.
    You're right. That does not make you unamerican at all.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

ryanmurphy is offline Pro-Bowler

"Prophet" wrote:
    "BirdHunter" wrote:
    I probabaly won't see it. I just hope that the profits for the movie go to a 9/11 charity.
    I agree, I would hate to see people making coin on something as tragic as this. It is good to remind people with short memories.
    I am not sure how accurate this is, but I heard somewhere that the film does not even have actor credits. I want to see the movie, but the time has to be right. It's not a, "Hey, Honey... wanna go see a movie?" movie. If someone sees it this weekend, let me know if the actors are credited in the end. If they are not, thats a really cool thing to do IMO.

twiztedfait is offline Starter

"BirdHunter" wrote:
    I probabaly won't see it. I just hope that the profits for the movie go to a 9/11 charity.
    10 percent of the profits are going to a memorial at the crash site. It keeps getting blocked when they ask for federal funding. Private funding has raised about 7M and they are thinking the movie should provide the rest.

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"happy camper" wrote:
    im not sure if we really know the true story of flight 93.

so im not going to watch it.

that doesnt make me un american. that was the saddest day ive ever known.
    Noone knows what happeneds on that flight. I personally think it's disgusting that a movie has been made out of it. I will definitely not see it ever. I was horrified when I saw the previews.

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    I commend the people that stepped up to the plate and got the job done. That part is inspiring and they are heroes in my book. I don't think I'll go see the movie though, the only part that interests me is the few minutes where they kicked the terrorists asses. May watch it some night on video.
    A friend of mine from my graduating class in college (~375 people in my class) was on one of the planes which hit the WTC.

The thing that bothers me about the attention given to Flight 93 (and always has) is the implication that they are heroes because they fought back and that those on the other planes were sheep being led to slaughter. I know in my heart that Fred would have been leading a charge to the cockpit had they known what was going to happen.

Anyway - I might go see the movie - I haven't decided.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet Guest

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I commend the people that stepped up to the plate and got the job done. That part is inspiring and they are heroes in my book. I don't think I'll go see the movie though, the only part that interests me is the few minutes where they kicked the terrorists asses. May watch it some night on video.
    A friend of mine from my graduating class in college (~375 people in my class) was on one of the planes which hit the WTC.

The thing that bothers me about the attention given to Flight 93 (and always has) is the implication that they are heroes because they fought back and that those on the other planes were sheep being led to slaughter. I know in my heart that Fred would have been leading a charge to the cockpit had they known what was going to happen.

Anyway - I might go see the movie - I haven't decided.

=Z=
    I didn't mean to imply that. The people had no clue what was happening and the other flight (93) heard about what happened prior to axing the bastards. Sad time in world history. Pathetic, spineless losers. Sorry to hear about your friend, an awful way to go.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

"twiztedfait" wrote:
    "BirdHunter" wrote:
    10 percent of the profits are going to a memorial at the crash site. It keeps getting blocked when they ask for federal funding. Private funding has raised about 7M and they are thinking the movie should provide the rest.
    I'd have to agree that profits should go to 9/11 charity, that 10 % seem a little low to me tho.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast