Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FLIGHT 93

FLIGHT 93

Will you go see it? Would you allow your child (9th grader) to see the movie for historical purposes? I usually am all football talk but, would like to get some feedback from obvious smart individuals (being a Viking qualifies you)

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Re: FLIGHT 93

I thought about going to see the first showing today, but I think I want to take my two older daughters. I definitely want them to see it, because already my 11 year old daughter is always asking questions about 9/11 as they never see anything about it on TV.

I dont know about sending them with a school group or something, because I want to be there to assure them that we as a country are diligently working as hard as possible to avoid this happening again.

If it is presented properly, I think everyone should see this every couple years to remind them of the evil that would like to inflict terror on us.

Del Rio Guest

I probably won't see it.

It's rated R so I probably wouldn't let my kids see it if they were that young, but that's just my own opinion.

I don't know exactly how they are going to portray the events as far as history goes. On top of all that I think the only thing I take away from the event, or would think important for my kid to take away from the event is some people stepped up and helped prevent more lives from being lost.

The individual stories do not really interest me enough to go watch the movie.

The speculation about the event with the facts is enough to turn me off from it. Then you add a motion picture to the process and I believe it will lose even more credibility. So all I would take from it is some people stepped up and fought back, and that is honorable and worth supporting.

Thing is I already feel that way. No need for me to watch the movie.

twiztedfait is offline Starter

I am going to see it tomorrow. As far as bringing the kids go, mine are still young (4 and 2) so they will NOT be going. Do you think your kids could handle it?? There is not much gore but it touches on a very sad time. The movie has a very good, but very sad ending. It may be hard for kids to watch.

If my kids were older I MAY bring them. I would just be ready to leave it it becomes to much for them. Very emotional movie from what I hear. Not a movie I would watch for entertainment value.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I personally am not ready to see it. The previews themselves still affect me greatly. But I am very glad they made it. I think it is a very well movie from the previews I have seen, and I think it was done tastefully. I applaud the people who made it and those who go to see it.

I think it is a good tool to teach some of the children who may have been to young to realize the impact of that horrible day. 11 yoa might be a little young to see the volience that will be displayed inthe movie, especially since it is a true story, but that is a decision every parent needs to make on their own.

It is just too early for me.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Prophet Guest

I commend the people that stepped up to the plate and got the job done. That part is inspiring and they are heroes in my book. I don't think I'll go see the movie though, the only part that interests me is the few minutes where they kicked the terrorists asses. May watch it some night on video.

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

"Prophet" wrote:
    May watch it some night on video.
    That is probably what I will end up doing for my 11 year old, watch it in a year or so at home with her where we can stop it if it gets too much for her also.

But I am pretty sure my 15 year old wants to go see it, she asked about it a week ago, and I have no doubt that she could handle it. She is 15 going on 30 when it comes to stuff like that. Very level headed, and wants to learn about everything.

Maybe she and I will go see it this afternoon while mommy and the 11yr old are out of town.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I'll probably end up seeing it eventually, even though it will make me want to fly even less in my lifetime!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

BirdHunter is offline Starter

I probabaly won't see it. I just hope that the profits for the movie go to a 9/11 charity.
    [size=10pt]

Friendship is like pissing your pants...
    Everyone can see it,
    But only you can feel its true warmth!!!
    [/size]

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

im not sure if we really know the true story of flight 93.

so im not going to watch it.

that doesnt make me un american. that was the saddest day ive ever known.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast