Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

Flag Football 2006 Season

i had a thread sometime last year, but this is 2006!

well, our season starts this weekend with the tournament.

we went 3-4 last spring and didn't play in the fall cause our QB fell off the earth and our back-up hurt his knee. we could have easily went 5-2 as we lost two games by less than a TD in the last drives of the games. our offense had trouble moving the ball cause we only had one quality WR and our QB wasn't great at making decisions. Accurate as heck, fast, but lacked leadership. we were lucky if we scored 3 TD's in a game last season.

this year, we have practiced a bunch more, dropped the dead weight players, added new players and some more youth. now we have 2 fast receivers, a new QB who spreads the ball around great, and a bunch versitile players that can play a lot of different positions. i am ready to kick some ass. i moved from the MLB/Safety position to snapper. in our league the Oline are recievers too. so i am looking forward to catching some balls on the flat and with curls. our only short coming is that we don't have a lot of depth at CB and our better WR is out for 2 more weeks with an injury he got in a practice. so off to the tournament with our CB's also playing the other WR every other series. anyway, i am excited it is finally here. anyone else play flag football in a league? ours is semi-contact.

PA

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Flag Football 2006 Season

Contact Flag Football is the next best thing to Full Contact Football...I played in a DC league a few years ago. And although I was the only one who had DB experience, I opted to play rusher...both because everyone else had fantasies of being Deion Sanders and mainly because only the rushers and blockers get to HIT people...and I wanted to HIT PEOPLE!!! YEAH!!!

Fun stuff if you've never tried it!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

That would be sweet to be in a flag football league in the offseason. The only thing that would suck is that its flag though and not tackle. I wouldnt be as good at flag as I am tackle football.

you only need to grab one flag... it becomes easier as you would play. instead of tackling the QB for a sack, you only need to dive for a flag.

our flag football league postponed the tourney till next sunday cause of rain...however, the guys at the GFFL (our league) are a bunch of P*ssies! we had light showers the night before and they cancelled it! by 10 am, 1 hour after the proposed start of the tourney, it was all sunshine here and the ground wasn't even soft cause we haven't had rain for a couple of weeks... P*ssies! my friend went to go get gas this morning and their were elementery girls at the gas station that just got done playing soccer, yet grown men can't stand a bit of scattered showers!

hahaha.

i was really looking forward to playing!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"PAvikesfan" wrote:
    our flag football league postponed the tourney till next sunday cause of rain...however, the guys at the GFFL (our league) are a bunch of P*ssies! we had light showers the night before and they cancelled it! by 10 am, 1 hour after the proposed start of the tourney, it was all sunshine here and the ground wasn't even soft cause we haven't had rain for a couple of weeks... P*ssies! my friend went to go get gas this morning and their were elementery girls at the gas station that just got done playing soccer, yet grown men can't stand a bit of scattered showers!

hahaha.

So...does the G stand for ***? :razz:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "PAvikesfan" wrote:

hahaha.

So...does the G stand for ***? :razz:
    No both F's stand for fairy. haha.

had the tourney finally. we did okay, with a big O in kay. played three games, which is how well we did last year in it, only this time we actually scored much more. lost the first to a decent team, they were nothing spectacular. we just made too many mistakes and we gave them good field position and threw 2 INT's. the games in the tourney are only 20 minutes, so basically if you score 2 TD's you win...the same holds true with INT's, you throw 2 INT's you lose. our main pass rusher had to leave the game with a technicality from one of the refs.

second game we won. 20 to 0 against a new team. what a difference a good pass rush makes. our D had 2-3 INT's and I, at center, scored two TD's (all players are eligible). Our WR's up to the end of this game were almost non-existant...they had a couple catches in both games but nothing huge. we are still missing our top WR with an ankle injury, and believe me we miss him.

third game, we lost 18 to 12. they were a real good team, but we heald on and if there would have been a second half we had the momentum with us. our #2 WR finally started producing with 2 great TD catches. we know he has that type of play in him and when our #1 WR comes back, he will be single covered.

over the tourney, we were too inconsistant still, which was my main mock from last season. our offense had too many dropped passes, a couple of those were right on the numbers in the endzone deep. i am a little disappointed that we did not improve in the tourney from last year, but they are meaningless practice half games. hopefully we will get out all the bugs in our system by the first game. up next a full preseason game against a 6-1 team. this will be a true test for our team.

we had our preseason game and won 36-18...i scored 2 tds off of oline releases. our D did well, but we kept giving the QB running room and OUR MLB/S guy who is also the defensive capt. was too stubborn to change the way he was playing them. we won, but at half we were only a head by 2.

i had to play both oline and Dline a lot of the game and it was tiring especially since i was such a big part of the offense, as i caught 5 passes and 2 TD's and the only other to score was our QB, with 3 TD runs. our wr's did okay and had some great catches but never broke one away. we are still really missing our go-to WR, so the long ball again was not there.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Congrats PA. You must be a stud! haha. 2 tds is good man. keep up the good work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast