Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Fla. Restaurant Sells $100 Hamburger

BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP) -- A hundred bucks might buy you more than six dozen burgers from McDonald's, but the swanky Old Homestead Steakhouse will sell you one brawny beef sandwich for the same price.

Boca Raton Mayor Steven Abrams could barely speak between bites as he devoured the 20-ounce, $100 hamburger billed as the "beluga caviar of sandwiches."

"Heaven on a bun," restaurant owner Marc Sherry said.

The burger debuted Tuesday at the restaurant in the Boca Raton Resort and Club, where a membership costs $40,000 and an additional $3,600 a year.

"We've never had a hamburger on our menu here so we really wanted to go to the extreme," Sherry said, calling it "the most decadent burger in the world."

At about 5 1/2 inches across and 2 1/2 inches thick, the mound of meat is comprised of beef from three continents - American prime beef, Japanese Kobe and Argentine cattle.

The bill for one burger, with garnishing that includes organic greens, exotic mushrooms and tomatoes, comes out to $124.50 with tax and an 18 percent tip included. The restaurant will donate $10 from each sale to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/1/100_BURGER?SITE=VAHAR&SECTION=ENTERTAINMENT&TEMPLA TE=DEFAULT

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: Fla. Restaurant Sells $100 Hamburger

Sounds like a bargain!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Too bad Alberta Beef is the best in the world!

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"westvirginiavikings" wrote:

BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP) -- A hundred bucks might buy you more than six dozen burgers from McDonald's, but the swanky Old Homestead Steakhouse will sell you one brawny beef sandwich for the same price.

Boca Raton Mayor Steven Abrams could barely speak between bites as he devoured the 20-ounce, $100 hamburger billed as the "beluga caviar of sandwiches."

The burger debuted Tuesday at the restaurant in the Boca Raton Resort and Club, where a membership costs $40,000 and an additional $3,600 a year.

"We've never had a hamburger on our menu here so we really wanted to go to the extreme," Sherry said, calling it "the most decadent burger in the world."

At about 5 1/2 inches across and 2 1/2 inches thick, the mound of meat is comprised of beef from three continents - American prime beef, Japanese Kobe and Argentine cattle.

The bill for one burger, with garnishing that includes organic greens, exotic mushrooms and tomatoes, comes out to $124.50 with tax and an 18 percent tip included. The restaurant will donate $10 from each sale to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/1/100_BURGER?SITE=VAHAR&SECTION=ENTERTAINMENT&TEMPLA TE=DEFAULT
    I can get a pure Kobe beef steak cheaper than that...or I USED to be able to (before Jack Abramoff had to close down his Signatures restaurant here in DC...OOPS!). That burger is a ripoff!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

I've been to Fort Lauderdale several times and many rich wealthy people live down there. So it is no surprise why they would have such a pricy club membership and expensive things there.Thats actually where the Dave Thomas family live and many other well known celebs and owners of chain stores live.

Formerly Viking24

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

What a bunch of snobs! They didn't have a burger on the menu (probably because it wasn't "classy" enough), so they put it on and decide to make it almost impossible to buy!
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

thetrenches68OL is offline Asst. Coach

i personally want to go to this place and slap every person that buys this burger because anybody who spends $125 on a burger that doesnt even have chese needs a good punting to the face
    The Trenches are where Games are Decided

Hutch and K. Will baby

sig by PurplePeopleEaters

"westvirginiavikings" wrote:

For $125 I would expect there to be bacon and cheese on it.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

It looks like a normal burger, hopefully it gives superpowers or something.

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

It really irks me that really wealthy people throw their money away and then tip worse than broke people..... :evil:

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast