BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Fla. Police End Dirty 'Grills' Dentistry

PALM SPRINGS, Fla. - Call it the bling sting. Detectives had been watching the Blue Diamond Jewelry shop for a month after getting reports that its workers were fitting customers with gold teeth caps using filthy equipment.

Some clients had no problems with their shiny new "grills." Others were not so fortunate and suffered severe infections.

The amateur, unlicensed dentists cast the grills using filthy tools stored in a cluttered back room amid trash and debris and even adjusted customers' teeth plates with dirty pliers before reinserting them, unwashed, into clients' mouths, authorities said.

Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office detectives put an end to the dirty dentistry and shut down the business Wednesday in an undercover sting.

Sarah V. Encarnacion, 39, was arrested just as she was about to place caps inside the mouth of an undercover sheriff's investigator.

Encarnacion is charged with unlawful practice of dentistry, proprietorship of non-dentist, and working in an unlawful dental laboratory.

"It's just disgusting," said Detective Lori Gunn, who learned of the infected customers about a month ago from the Florida Department of Health. "It's completely unsanitary."

No telephone number was listed under Encarnacion's name.

http://www.bismarcktribune.com/articles/2006/06/22/ap/strange/d8idhrt80.txt

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Fla. Police End Dirty 'Grills' Dentistry

They call them "Yuckmouth"...because they got grills...and they're dir-ty!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

coreyd is offline Coach

The story goes "Rob a jewelry store and tell them to make me a grill." Looks like it doesnt work all the time. lol

boognish is offline Coordinator

What a strange thing to buy anyway. No offense to anyone here who might have a "grill", but I have a hard time wrapping my brain around why anyone would want such a nasty looking thing in their mouth.

Funny thing is, it seems like it's the people who can least afford to buy these things that do it; kind of like fancy rims for their cars. My 16 yr old brother in law has buddies in Baltimore who make <$15,000/yr and spend thousands of dollars on trying to look like little gangbangers.

Oh well, to each their own I guess.
    I am a dipshit!!!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I'd like to say yeah people are fools for spending money on something this rediculous...but I waste a lot of money on stupid sh!t too. I'll have to keep my mouth shut on this one.