Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,572

    Fistfight mars Boston Pops' opening night

    BOSTON (Reuters) - A fistfight in the balcony stopped the music on opening night at the Boston Pops, drawing gasps from hundreds of well-heeled guests at one of the country's oldest and best-known city orchestras.

    Famous for light classical music and family pop tunes from decades past, the orchestra briefly halted its performance on Wednesday evening as two men wrestled in the side balcony of the 107-year-old Symphony Hall.

    Concert-goers looked up after a woman's scream interrupted a rendition of the Hollywood musical "Gigi" about 20 minutes into the performance.

    Shortly afterward, conductor Keith Lockhart stopped the orchestra with a motion of his hand as the murmuring crowd turned to watch the scuffle, apparently caused after one man told another guest to be quiet.

    One of the men could be seen with his button-down shirt ripped open as a security guard pulled the two apart, according to a Reuters reporter at the scene. A man had his arm wrapped around another's neck, pulling him backward.

    "House security and Boston police stopped the fight, and the audience members were escorted out of the hall," the Boston Symphony Orchestra said in a statement on Thursday. "The concert resumed and ended with cheers and a standing ovation."

    No charges were filed against the men.

    The Pops, comprised of the Boston Symphony minus its principal players, is perhaps best known for July 4th concerts along Boston's Charles River that began in 1974 and include fireworks accompanying Tchaikovsky's "1812 Overture."

    Its concert hall is considered among the best in the world.

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070511/od_nm/usa_symphony_fight_odd_dc;_ylt=AnJl8YLn6YhYC8ZMq1R ertISH9EA


  2. #2
    Del Rio is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    881

    Re: Fistfight mars Boston Pops' opening night

    LMAO

    Two guys pissed that their wives made them dress up and go to this no doubt.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

    My posts are worth 6 of yours.

  3. #3
    Json is offline GM
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,109

    Re: Fistfight mars Boston Pops' opening night

    Must be Hip Hop that caused this!!!!
    ;D

  4. #4
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Fistfight mars Boston Pops' opening night

    This is only news because it happened at the "Pops." How many fights are there at rap and other rock concerts that never make the news?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  5. #5
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Fistfight mars Boston Pops' opening night

    Just goes to show you that you can put a redneck in a tux but he is still a redneck.

    I speak from experience, I are a redneck
    ;D

    I still drink beer out of the can/bottle no matter how social the function
    ;D

    Pisses Wildwoman off to.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #6
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,572

    Re: Fistfight mars Boston Pops' opening night

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Just goes to show you that you can put a redneck in a tux but he is still a redneck.

    I speak from experience, I are a redneck
    ;D

    I still drink beer out of the can/bottle no matter how social the function
    ;D

    Pisses Wildwoman off to.
    Rednecks belching the alphabet at the Boston Pops would be cool

  7. #7
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Fistfight mars Boston Pops' opening night

    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Just goes to show you that you can put a redneck in a tux but he is still a redneck.

    I speak from experience, I are a redneck
    ;D

    I still drink beer out of the can/bottle no matter how social the function
    ;D

    Pisses Wildwoman off to.
    Rednecks belching the alphabet at the Boston Pops would be cool
    Its cool, but ya gotta make sure you aim the chunks when they come up.
    You get extra points if they stick in someones hair.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #8
    davike's Avatar
    davike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,750

    Re: Fistfight mars Boston Pops' opening night

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Just goes to show you that you can put a redneck in a tux but he is still a redneck.

    I speak from experience, I are a redneck
    ;D

    I still drink beer out of the can/bottle no matter how social the function
    ;D

    Pisses Wildwoman off to.
    Rednecks belching the alphabet at the Boston Pops would be cool
    Its cool, but ya gotta make sure you aim the chunks when they come up.
    You get extra points if they stick in someones hair.
    ;D
    Sounds very attractive Marrdro

    Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Similar Threads

  1. Mars is a douche.
    By Zeus in forum Two Beer Minimum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-03-2013, 11:03 AM
  2. the mars volta--- LISTEN!
    By happy camper in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-28-2007, 12:32 AM
  3. ESPN lays a big egg on Mondays Opening Night.....
    By NordicNed in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-13-2006, 06:49 PM
  4. Winfield pops Benson
    By enlvikeman in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-13-2006, 05:40 PM
  5. Female fistfight forces plane landing
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-25-2006, 08:09 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •