Prophet Guest

Fishing with Gaters

Taking my 6 yr old son bass fishing this afternoon in a lake that is loaded with huge bass....and alligaters. The lake is being drained because an invasive species has become established and they need to eradicate it before it makes it to other bodies of water. What does this mean? It means relatively small pools loaded with bass and with a high concentration of gaters. The high is only 99 degrees, I'll need to bring my jacket. Just to up the stakes, the only way to get there is in a canoe. So, we will either come back with a load of bass or we will become food for some pissed off gaters. Either way it will be an adventure.

BadlandsVikings is online now Jersey Retired

Re: Fishing with Gaters

Have fun playing with the gators and catch lots of fish.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    Taking my 6 yr old son bass fishing this afternoon in a lake that is loaded with huge bass....and alligaters. The lake is being drained because an invasive species has become established and they need to eradicate it before it makes it to other bodies of water. What does this mean? It means relatively small pools loaded with bass and with a high concentration of gaters. The high is only 99 degrees, I'll need to bring my jacket. Just to up the stakes, the only way to get there is in a canoe. So, we will either come back with a load of bass or we will become food for some pissed off gaters. Either way it will be an adventure.

Sounds like fun Prophet hope you got some nice Bass and the Gators didn't get you!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

MplsViking is offline Starter

Sounds reasonable.. bring your 6 year old son right into a lake LOADED with alligators... but at least your gonna catch some nice bass.. i love fishing

Prophet Guest

LOL, well, we got almost all the way back to the lake in a stream and swamped the canoe before we portaged into the lake. We were almost going to put the canoe in an a bit Gator...BIG Gater....surface about 10' out from us. I decided it wasn't a great idea to put the canoe in there. We fished from shore and caught some beautiful bass. Nothing too big, but the average size was ~4lbs. Fun day.