Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

First Metrodome Experience

I was able to go to a Twins game today with the Senior class for celebration for graduating.. I gotta say I had a blast even tho we lost 11-0 and i'm not sure what everyone thinks is wrong with the dome!

Go Twins!

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: First Metrodome Experience

I have been to 3 Vikings games and 2 twins games in the dome. I would have to say its mediocre for baseball and good, but ont great for football. The fans are great and I am usually entertained by the game, but I can just imagine how much cooler it is to catch a game in other cities, like Seattle's new stadium or Arrowhead.

Baseball is different because even if we get a new stadium it will not match the classic feel of Wrigley or Fenway, but at least we could emulate the Brewers. True fans will go to support the team no matter where they play, but it sure doesn't hurt to give casual fans other reasons to go.

It's rare, but some people go to the movie theater just for the special movie theater popcorn.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman

i hope to check out a twins game when i visti in the summer, too bad the vikes don't play in summer

ive been to 4 vikings games and 2 twins being from su falls its a little bit of a trip, but after each game i realize i need to take it more and more, THe first vikings game i went to was the last game of the yaer, the year the 49ers won the super bowl. vikings won but the niners didnt play there starters very long but i got the tickets as a xmas presant, the seats were BOX SEATS great experience,

i made the Tampa bay game last year a nd sat next to a guy that had been to every home game since the vikes started, he said he rememberd when the vikes first got a team he went out and bought a purple snow mobile suit, pretty cool guy.........i think him and i were the only ones not chanting for Johnson....haha what were we thinknign

and the 2 twins game i went to were over easter, saturday and sunday games against the YANKS........it was awesome
    Can Someone please Hook me up with a Sig

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I've been to 1 Twins game and 1 Vikings game. My Twins seats were great, but my Vikings seats were horrible. I could have seen better on tv, but it was a very good experience.

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    I was able to go to a Twins game today with the Senior class for celebration for graduating.. I gotta say I had a blast even tho we lost 11-0 and i'm not sure what everyone thinks is wrong with the dome!

Go Twins!
    Have you been to another park before?

I hadn't before last year when I went on a work trip and went to Miller Park to see a brewers game.... That thing is 10x the park that the dome is. we had seats out in left field, but they still seemed like good seats. The seating is at much more of an angle so everyone is closer to the game.... plus it doesn't smell like urine within 20 feet of the bathrooms. Don't get me wrong, I have been to the dome MANY times, and I enjoy myself. It is ok for football, but for baseball, it just plain sucks. JMHO

Thanks Lotza!

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Go Twins!
    Did you happen to sit down on the 3rd base line where you have to side with your head cocked to the left in order to see the plate. It serves as a decent football stadium but the sightlines are terrible for baseball and you really realize it after you have been to another baseball park as mentioned by damien927.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

duffVIkEs is offline Pro-Bowler

Went to my first home game against the steelers. It was quite an experience, I got there an hour early just so I could take it all in and see the players warm up. Sounds lame but it was the coolest thing ever for me.

sandviking is offline Pro-Bowler

I have seen many football games in the dome, and I had a blast every time, victory or defeat (not so much in defeat) despite the trip from SFSD. People can say all they want about how crappy the stadium is, but IMHO, it's the people that make or break the experience, and in all my trips to the dome I encountered great people, even from visiting teams. I went to the infamous Vikes/cardinals game in PHX on 27 Dec. 2003, and it was fun all the way until the last two minutes, when the cards fans decided to show up. They were vulgar to say the least, and some taunted Vikes fans all the way out of the stadium and beyond. (alcohol induced, I'm sure) Yes, I'm still bitter about that loss. I miss going to the dome. If I ever go to the new cardinals staduim, I will let you know how it goes.

Peace through superior firepower!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Go Twins!
    Glad you had a good time!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast