Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    mark is offline Asst. Coach

First hand account of Sunday from a UW band member

Was this before or after you tool bags held up a sigh that said "where is moss"
    <!--
    sig -->

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

The Band was on the Football field....

Hmmm....

It isn't "The football team was on the Band Filed", it's the other way around.

I live in Wisconsin, I go to Badger games, I like the band. They DO harass the other teams - all in good fun - but that's COLLEGE.

So, they come to a NFL game and expect everyone to be all warm and fuzzy about it? They expect PROFESSIONAL athletes to take their antics in stride? Why? Because they're "in the band"?!?!?!?

I happened to be at the game, and I saw some of the antics the UW bands pulled. I wondered myself how they could expect NOT to get knocked about a bit with them marching - and playing - right in the Viking area.

Just like an Embassy, that area becomes VIKING turf - off limits to all but VIKINGS. Enter at own risk. If I - a Viking fan - grabbed a kazoo and marched into teh packer area, wouldn't they try and whip MY ass as well? Sure, they'd just be humiliated at the pummeling I'd dish out, but wouldn't they at least TRY??? You know they would.

I saw the Tuba's and their sign. I thought THAT was funny. Even Moss was laughing at it. THAT was in good fun, and was accepted as such.

But, marching into Viking turf, blowing instruments at players or running into players, that's just juvenile. If you got smacked around as a result, you deserved it.

Caine

superior230bartime is offline Pro-Bowler

"casper" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    Does somebody need a tampon?

AMEN

Bartime :?: are you sure the person who wrote that was not in the kinder care band... :? and bye the bye I caught a program on sky TV in london that said ( the comentators) "the band" :shock: was harassing the VIKING team with the sideline stuff playing right in the faces :arrow: from the start of the game... :blackeye:

so maybe who ever wrote that should get a life or go home to momy :twisted: if they can't stand the heat don't jump in the fire :twisted:
    I don't know :rr: :salute: Casper :la: she :angry7: :banghead: :crybaby: :brave: might / have ](*,) :sign5: been :-({|= in the :boxing: kinder :angel7: :fart: care :spam1: :bootyshake: :blackeye: :santa: band :newb:
    purplepride.org: Home of Disillusioned Vikings Fans World-wide

superior230bartime is offline Pro-Bowler

"Caine" wrote:
    The Band was on the Football field....

Hmmm....

It isn't "The football team was on the Band Filed", it's the other way around.

I live in Wisconsin, I go to Badger games, I like the band. They DO harass the other teams - all in good fun - but that's COLLEGE.

So, they come to a NFL game and expect everyone to be all warm and fuzzy about it? They expect PROFESSIONAL athletes to take their antics in stride? Why? Because they're "in the band"?!?!?!?

I happened to be at the game, and I saw some of the antics the UW bands pulled. I wondered myself how they could expect NOT to get knocked about a bit with them marching - and playing - right in the Viking area.

Just like an Embassy, that area becomes VIKING turf - off limits to all but VIKINGS. Enter at own risk. If I - a Viking fan - grabbed a kazoo and marched into teh packer area, wouldn't they try and whip MY ass as well? Sure, they'd just be humiliated at the pummeling I'd dish out, but wouldn't they at least TRY??? You know they would.

I saw the Tuba's and their sign. I thought THAT was funny. Even Moss was laughing at it. THAT was in good fun, and was accepted as such.

But, marching into Viking turf, blowing instruments at players or running into players, that's just juvenile. If you got smacked around as a result, you deserved it.

Caine
    I suppose she should expect to get picked up by the other teams fans and asked to suck their dicks too for coming into mighty Viking fans tailgating turf.

Superior230bartime
    purplepride.org: Home of Disillusioned Vikings Fans World-wide

talented :bs: just the same :wav: right :evil4:
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Yo Bartime do you actually have a point? You are trying to convince us all that we put our players on a pedastel and never criticize them. Coming from someone who's team has fans that would join the "Church of Farve" if they had the chance, your argument doesn't have much leverage.

Its not like you openly denounce your own players or refrain from criticising ours when the opportunity presents itself, so how are you so much different than us? (Other that you cheer for an inferior team)

Jeez it seems like sometimes all you come here to do is whine like a little bitch.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

inferior barfly I think casper gets the nod for best use of smileys.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234